Are there any issues using an AMD graphic card for Raceroom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    It seems that high-end AMD graphics with free sync BenQ EX3200R (3 monitors) is pretty good value in comparison to the G-Sync monitors? Nvidia without any questions is great but it can be too expensive.

The new coming release RTX is exciting news but once again preferably need a G-Sync monitor for the best experience.

Due to my budget limits, I'm thinking of getting an AMD graphics and possibly 3x BenQ EX3200R monitors and hope that Raceroom has no issues with that?

2. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Haven't got any serious issue using AMD cards with Raceroom for over 4 years.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear, thanks. Are you happy with it and not thinking of Nvidia at all?

4. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I have always had AMD and have had R3E since 2013. Have had no reason to consider changing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Rather late answer, but if you are talking about R3E , Nvidia cards are probably a better choice. It's no secret that Radeon cards are generally slower in DX9 games. But, as a whole I am perfectly happy with my current RX480 and FreeSync monitor

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I've run R3E with an HD6970 2gb @1080p with no problems ever, and currently with a 7970/R9 290 3gb with triple screen 5870x1080 no issues what so ever.

Yes, I know, old and outdated lol...but every time I thought maybe I should upgrade, I was able to play most new games at the highest settings, and 2xaa, so I kept hanging on. Although triple screen gaming has shown me it's time for a new system. But, Raceroom runs good still, even though there are a few tracks that my pc isn't happy about when racing with AI cars...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018