What about the DD OSW in Raceroom !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by G.Deurwaerder, Sep 18, 2018.

1. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Check the SimuCube advanced tab for active Direct Input effects in RR; Sine-wave should be active but, polling only occurs for a short time after the game has paused (as designed in SimuCube). I need to have Sine-Wave turned up well over 150% in order to get proper feeling FFB in RR.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Okay I'll be back for this the next 14 days, I can finally be in my race seat for a long time:):):):):)

3. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Just heard from a dd and simcube user and he says he feels no ffb from collisions if he adds any to in game collisions ffb the wheel pulls left ? Seems something is just not right ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I sometimes switch between using the AccuForce and SimuCube-based OSW systems. I had similar behavior when I recently used the AccuForce wheel and it was related to one of the parameters in the FFB settings (Controller RCS file). I don't recall which one but, I had to return it to it's default setting and the issue went away. Some parameters are extremely sensitive to changes and can cause erratic steering behavior.

I would recommend starting with a fresh controller profile and test against that; if it behaves differently, then compare the settings and note what is different in each of the rcs files. From there, a process of elimination should reveal the cause at some point.

5. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    My réglages on my small mige

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    so after 11 months finally got RaceRoom to work...again!!! can’t believe it, and it immediately starting working after installed Build 1803 Version 17134.376..not sure how and why, but working again.

can you guys help with FFB settings in-game for IONI Pro HC + small MiGE. (MMos)

i have weird chatter/ vibrations and a sort of whistling sound...have tried all day today to tweak and get some FFB to be good, but gave up. any help is appreciated guys :)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    @1978rocafella : glad to hear it works again :)
    RaceRoom seems (to me) the most difficult sim to get the FFB to my likings.
    This while I was very pleased with my FFB settings for the Fanatec V2. In other sims the OSW/Simucube is a huge improvement...still struggling in RR.

I have made so many changes (in Simucube and in the in-game settings) - reset to default - started over - copied others' settings, deleted them again, and it still does not feel like I want it to feel. Not exactly knowing what I'm doing isn't helpful either :D

At this moment they are like this (and I see they differ hugely from (e.g.) @Hervé45 - need to try them too).

Not there yet, but at least driveable for me (stil WIP though)...:rolleyes:

About the strange noises/feel that you have. I remember adding friction filter at one time and I got a whistling sound and heavy vibrations too. The settings were high though, around 95 or so (just to try what the effect was). Never touched that one again.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  8. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    @Hervé45
    how do you get 15A output on your small mige? I only get 12.90A or so at 100%.
    I also updated the servo settings according to Tomo's instructions to "unleash the full power" ..

@1978rocafella
    My settings, that I'm quite happy with now:

OSW-R3E1.jpg

OSW-R3E2.jpg

OSW-R3E3.jpg

OSW-R3E4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    thank you all, will test all the setting this weekend, and report back. is there anything I need to change in RCS/ ini files?

12. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I would really like to use the correct/realistic steering angles in Raceroom. Unfortunately the angles are not shown if using a Simucube. Is there a list with all cars and their steering angles available?

A better OSW support would solve this problem too i guess ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Jens

Jens New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    in the car setup you can see the steering angle from the car and then can set it in the OSW.

14. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, right, another setting to adjust each time when using another car...

15. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Really? Do I forget something?

RRRE64_2019_01_17_01_46_31_468.jpg

16. Jens

Jens New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @Fanapryde: yes but we can use the game overall.
    most time i load my 540° preset in Mmos and its working, or i adjhust the car steering angle to this point.

@Kollo: at all cars or only this one?
    i got this in the beginning and after i had to redo the wheelsetupup another time it shows the real angle and is changable. now.

17. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    All cars. Maybe i should delete all controller data and start from scratch? I just disconnected the T500 and installed SimuCube and in the old profiles i changed only the steering axes (and of course FFB settings). But no problems so far in Dirt Rally, rF2 or AC.

18. Jens

Jens New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    its worth testing this with a clean new profile.

19. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't change anything. One very annoying thing regarding controllers is that Raceroom wants to create a profile for every single controller that it finds. But only for one at a time. Everytime i launch Raceroom it wants to create a new profile for a single controller that hasn't already its own profile.

Why exactly needs a shifter its own profile or an unused gamepad, joystick...???

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  20. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Finally I am not very confident that we will see improvements for DD OSW/SimuCUBE soon in Raceroom:

Raceroom DD.JPG
    If the Devs won't even respond... what a shame!

• Agree Agree x 4