October Patch released !.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n01sname, Oct 9, 2018.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    .....is something I would like to read very soon™........:D

• Dislike x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    :mad::mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean one of those things that fix issues and adds features to make the game better,
    Like some of the other sim games do.

Or just another content cash grab.

• Dislike x 7
    • Agree x 5
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Adding features with some patches a year I've only seen on raceroom. All other racing games are only fixing issues or providing some DLCs to buy. But adding features? No. Please buy the next Version of the game in full price.

Here you get bug fixing AND new features. I like this idea.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Btw is anything known, if something is planned? There wasn't a patch in September, so I guess there should be some fixes and stuff to implement?

6. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Soon :D ,

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom, iRacing and rFactor are the only sims which implemented new features into their sims over the last years … I think and hope the next patch will be a "Big One" … I am still waiting for a new "Replay Menu" with the current menu design of RR and a remastered "Replay Overlay" for the replayes itself with more available options like you can find in iRacing or rFactor (lap number, lap and sector time, speed, rpm, driver names, … )

That's not up-to-date any more:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Just guesses for the Patch/Update I have are physics-updates for GTR2 and Touring-Classics/DTM92 and a new Wheel for the Audi RS3 LMS (WTCR) - maybe with an overall polish on the WTCR-Cars. Content-wise there might be a Track and who knows if there are not a few more things...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Sry for the clickbait, just think it's time ;)
    (Guess after the end of the Mercedes DTM Contest)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    You must have missed assetto corsa.. They were near religious with a month patch for 2+ years. Often releasing multiple patches in a month. This and the DLC's were almost always secondary..

NathanW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Big difference between bug fixing and feature adding! :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    What i'd like in replays is racing instances in replay's like in iracing have me going thought couple hours or replays lol

13. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Pfff I wish

14. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    That'd make sense - it would be quite stupid to put such an event at risk with an update. So let's hope for next week :)

15. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    The physics patch for the gr.A stuff can't come soon enough :)

16. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
  17. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Nothing holding up a patch now, so early next week please S3, hate to say it but have been putting a few laps in on ACC and DX12 is a must for RR now, it needs to puff it's chest out soon, as the competition is gnashing at their feet with some f**k off big teeth. If S3 wait for GT3 there will be even more titles baying for blood. Be nice to know what S3 have in mind for updating the graphics engine, will it be Unreal4? or will it one of the other options? will they go their own way? Something will need to be done and done well, physics wise we've been on an upward curve since the arrival of Alex Hodgkinson and features are creeping their way in, Sloth like but they're coming, it's now time for the visuals, we've all spent a fortune on the latest peripherals to display the eye candy now available elsewhere, not that visuals are the be all or end all for me but with a new engine comes variable weather, night/day cycles, marbles, dynamic tracks, driver swaps etc, etc, etc
    So come on S3, throw us all a bone, where are you taking us, what's the plan? ACC's plan is written in black and white and beta 0.2 is very good indeed and it will only get better. I deleted a couple Sims from my Steam library just this week, not because they're bad as such but because there are only so many hours in the day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    For S3S enough DX11-12 ...
    Unreal4 - overly cloying & nauseous ...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    i have pretty good computer well quite freaken good and ACC just a blurry mess at times.
    Hell even if they used PC2 graphics which is stunning doe's run bloody well.
    for even ACC to really shine you need to spend about 2k on a 2080.
    But most sim racer's i race with have 1060's 970's etc
    i like my eye candy during racing makes me feel like im there,But they need to think about lower/med spec racer's out there.Raceroom run's flawless for me odd crash every now and then but thats gaming.
    for me ACC feel's like the "crysis" of racing game's

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Personally I think graphics always come second to physics and features, physics is getting there, WTCR are a dream to drive but as S3 have mentioned the present engine has been taken just about as far as it can go. So if people want new features, something has to change. Think it's probably a case of finding an engine that will accommodate the current physics, as is but allows for new features and a graphical update, with the minimal hit to performance. The Unreal4 engine allows this and much more, now I've taken a gander at many a U4 title, some good, some bad, I believe the main consensus is that U4 can deliver a quality title but success is down to how it's implemented. I think the plus point for U4 is the ability to add things as plugins, making adding new things (potentially) easier and of course the eye candy and the main downer has to be the potential hit to performance. I presume in an ideal world for a developer, it would be easier to keep RR DX9 and create a new title from scratch. So, unlike AC which is now dead in the water to new users and apart from modding will stay the same for evermore. One must doff ones hat at S3 for not doing the same and attempting to evolve rather than dissolve. Would just be nice to know where we are going, U4 mentioned, soooo many moons ago, then, it may be U4 or another engine or we may go our own route.
    Throwing a bone may well feed the naysayers but for the many that have been here for the duration, a lick of the Marrow may well instigate calm, intelligent debate here on this very forum, :rolleyes: either way at least we'd have something to talk about, rather than chewing on Tumbleweed!

• Agree Agree x 7