October Patch released !.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n01sname, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Aspius

Aspius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    It would be nice if they shared abit more of their current plans. I understand why they don't because of what happend in the past which is a shame. When it comed to releasing new content, the way they did with motegi was nice. Uploading some screenshots to tease the track leting us guess what it is for about a week. Then announcing what it is giving us some time to talk about it for maybe a week and then it gets released. They could maybe do something similar for cars.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Maybe there is just no time for it. As we know S3 is a very little company and everyone is working with full speed on the Cayman liveries.

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    The winner of the day. You are right. The company is in full activity Redesign-New-York-Office-Space.jpg

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. almkicker

almkicker Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    When it comes to content, then there is enough information. When it comes to features and the future of the game, then there is... nearly no information. Disappointing.

• Agree Agree x 12
  5. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Yes, info on features and the future of the game would be nice...

6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Content = money

Features = free update

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Sure, but from a short term point of view.

In a long run I'd say
    Features = more players
    more players * content = more money

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    well done, deride a company in their own public forum … o_Oo_Oo_O … sometimes I ask myself if some people are owner of their mind … come on guys, be fair with them

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  9. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    If im gonna take the piss out of you or have something to say or bitch about surely its better to do it to your face than behind your back. Dont see the issue, the whole thread is a piss take\bitch\dig, and if people are so thin skinned and really bothered by such innocuous comments maybe they shouldnt be reading public forums.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    News will come soon regarding what to expect in Q4 this year.

I can only ask you all for a little bit more patience. As you have noticed, the patch I wanted to push this month isn't happening just yet.

The absence of patch does NOT mean we have stopped or slowed down, on the opposite.

• Like x 18
    • Informative x 7
    • Agree x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    There is a way to give criticism and if you choose the ugly way then f*&^k you.

Because of people and comments like this, S3 stopped releasing early info to the community

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    There are many, many ways to give criticism.
    :eek:o_O:eek:o_O:eek:o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Not Lifting Off, that was not pointed you. That was a general saying.
    What i tried to say to you is that i dont agree with your message about Flyingnono way of criticizing.
    You say its legit, i say it deserves Patrick's answer.

Anyway, the point is this way of criticism harms the community.

14. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Me I’m very patient. The Honda WTCR has my full attention...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    The wording of the announcement is confusing - "small update" - does this mean it's not THE patch, but some other small fix, or is this the "October patch" we're waiting for?:D

Edit: I always forget Discord:
    "today we will deploy a game update. The goal of this update is to bring the code fixes and improvements that we are able to release without impacting the on-going esport series. Some performance optimizations, network communication improvements, better visibility of HUD elements in VR, revision of how slowdown penalties are served, will be the highlights of today's update. Maintenance should start in roughly an hour from now and should hopefully be relatively short."

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  16. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Discord at 09:16:

J-F:
    „@everyone : today we will deploy a game update. The goal of this update is to bring the code fixes and improvements that we are able to release without impacting the on-going esport series.
    Some performance optimizations, network communication improvements, better visibility of HUD elements in VR, revision of how slowdown penalties are served, will be the highlights of today's update.

Maintenance should start in roughly an hour from now and should hopefully be relatively short.“

• Like Like x 1
  17. Peter Kerenyi

Peter Kerenyi Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Just want to say two things regarding your post.
    1. I am pretty disappointed about UE4. R3E might not look the best, but it's clean style is very nice. With UE4, it might look "better", but the image quality is overall worse because of the terrible AA options. I hope Kunos can improve it for ACC because you either get jaggies with FXAA or blur & ghosting with TAA. UE4 looks phenomenal, on screenshots, in movement, not a big difference, based on graphical preferences can even look worse. Not to mention, if R3E switched to UE4, some people who invested a lot into the game could "lose it all" until they upgrade their PCs to be able to run the game like before. All in all, it's not simple, and many things need to be considered. I, too, want to see R3E improved, but UE4 is not the holy grail of simracing based on recent experience, IMO.

2. AC is everything but dead. I don't know you, so I can't know how up-to-date you are on AC modding, but have you heard about the Shaders Patch? You get night, night lighting, real mirrors and a lot of other things, while rain is WIP and will look great. AC on PC is evolving A LOT.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  18. rom_rs

rom_rs Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I could not say it in a better way! Totally agree!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    judging by acc i'd say ue4 is a bad choice, in vr it runs like crap and looks like crap on low settings

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Your recent experience is based on an early access-title that has just reached Version 0.2. Don't you think it is a bit early to judge?

• Agree Agree x 8
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018