Released October 2018 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Oct 24, 2018.

1. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Guys, one question. Is position bar normal for you? In VR it seems way too wide. I cannot see both ends. No lap time and no session time for me.

Checked the documents via Steam already.

2. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, @tex_548 verified it and it looked good.
    Can you show a screenshot? Are you sure it's enabled in the settings? Maybe try to bind a key and toggle it on/off?

3. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, no screenshot. I dont know how to take one in VR. The bar is there but too wide. Setting it to 0,80 makes everything visible.

4. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't that just work with F12?

5. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    What resolution is the game set to? For me it is on 1080p and it works fine, I think that resolution does scale the HUD in VR, even though it does not affect the game's resolution in VR itself.

6. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    I can also confirm that with a screen resolution of 1080P it looks good. Everything is visible and in clear crisp text readable

7. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Screen resolution is 1024 x 576 Pixels. I've decreased the on screen pixels because that increases the FPS in VR.
    So it seems that the bar doesn't scale right.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  8. BlueG6o

BlueG6o Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    After i‘ve installed the update i was soooo happy that i can read the times now in the Position bar. That was horrible in VR in previous versions.

But now there is a problem i thought i fixed it by getting a new ASUS RTX 2080 by myself. the last few days everything works fine but After the update i get a „flicker“ in VR that Looks like an overlay or Not Perfect syncronized pictures between left and Right eye. In the past i thought my GTX 1060 was the Problem because it was overloaded, but the 2080 runs Perfect the last week since i got it. but after the update the Problem is back. And the gpu load is around 50-60% when this happens. Also temp is somewhere around 65-70 degrees.

So when i put off my Oculus Rift, wait a Minute and then continue Racing, often the flickering is gone. Also the problems happens only when i drive on the Nordschleife. If i drive on the Nürburgring GP Course it is not appearing.

I‘ve played a little bit with the Steam VR settings, but nothing helped me.

Is anybody having the same problems or had anyone something in the past and knows how to solve it? It would be soooo great.

9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I had a strange little issue yesterday: I connected to our prequal server with around 2 minutes to go in qualy (Paul Ricard 1C-V2, Peugeot 308 TCR). I was the only driver online and I was on the track when the session ended. But after the usual "Proceeding to the next session" message the game went straight to the start sequence, I teleported to the grid automatically and the red lights started to turn on immediately. But after that, the next qualy -> race transition was fine, it only happened once.

10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    The 2 new Mercedes DTM cars have the same problem as all the WTCR car, the advanced statistics (distance, laps completed,...) all are staying at zero after driving it a few sessions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I was so hoping this was a way of moving the cockpit cam left or right to get the steering wheel/dash aligned with my real wheel.
    Either I misunderstood, can't find it or it does not work ?
    (Triple screen setup)...

12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Agree and for pitch, though you can do both manually in the cockpit.view file for each model of car.
    Why would someone not be sat in the center of their screen?:confused:

13. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    It will come when our competitions are over. We looked into the scenario of patching a few more things, but the changes would have been too drastic and affect the running competitions too much. As J-F said:

14. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Is asynchronous Reprojection active in SteamVR like shown here: [​IMG]

15. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    It shift the camera up/down left/right, so that make it work, no?
    Or I didn't understand you?

16. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    No.
    I assumed it was the Cockpit Perspective Shift L or R, but none of the assigned buttons or rotary dials made it move.
    I then tried other cams, but none seems to do what I wanted it to do.

17. Sosruko

Sosruko Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Got a bit of a problem with the new slowdown system. As there is no more ghost car it is sometimes extremely dangerous to slowdown immediately after receiving the penalty. I noticed if you wait another corner or two for a safer place to slowdown outside the racing line the timer seems to add more and more penalty time the longer you wait. What is the reasoning for getting multiplier to your original penalty while driving inside the track limits to take the penalty without endangering other cars on the track?

Another thing is that like flags the penalty timers are outside of your natural field of view with 32:9 aspect ratio. Unlike flags Crew Chief doesn't give you slowdown penalty information on the fly so could there be an option to display the slowdowns in the middle of the screen like before the patch?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. almkicker

almkicker Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi, at which date will the competitions end?

19. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Can you show me a screenshot of the game in 32:9 ratio on your end?

20. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, did that a while ago, but had to reinstall due to a PC upgrade.
    I was hoping there was now a way to have these controls in-game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018