Released October 2018 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Oct 24, 2018.

1. T0RRENTE

T0RRENTE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a big question. I have a big question. in off-line mode, I can make a false output (jump star) but in online mode it is impossible. How is it possible?????????

would it be very difficult to include server management commands? to ban pilots, order grills, etc ...?

It would also be interesting to be able to include launched output. and to be able to choose the recording of manual repetitions. this way you can also record the qualifying sessions, training, warm up, etc ... instead of recording the races automatically even if we are not interested.

You could also contemplate updating the servers at another time. maybe at midnight. our championships are held on Wednesday nights and we always find the servers fallen

thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    images.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I agree, the penalty time shouldn't be increasing anymore in the following corners. As it stands right now, when you get a 0.2s time penalty for example, it actually costs you much more time than 0.2s. In Project Cars 2, slightly lifting off the throttle on a straight makes small penalties like these disappear already.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Why not just put the penalty time in your race time and just drive on.
    For example, the guy in front of me have a time penalty for, let say, 3 seconds.
    Say, i'm driving 2 seconds behind him but realy 1 second in front of him.
    In the standing above (the time table) you should see him behind me with the distance between us in red markers numbers. So that we both know that hé have a time penalty
    No risk at alli think

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    It is or at least was like that in R3E, too. That the time increases in corners is just the fact, that the penalty isn't a real penalty when you already need to drive slow due to a tight corner. It is a huge difference if you serve a 0.2sec penalty on a straight or in a corner...

• Like Like x 1
  6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    And: if you come faster out of the corner caused by the cutting or whatever, you save time on the following straight. So it is absolutely okay to increase the penalty time, if so.

7. Sosruko

Sosruko Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    slowdown.jpg

8. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    The penalty time increasing have no sense.
    Then how i have 60 sec to serve it?
    Like that you dont have 60 seconds to serve the time you gain, you have to stop immediately.
    So no big change from before, needs more fixing.

9. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon

I remember a few backs you mentioned the possibility of implementing dx11 before the move to the unreal engine.

Are the perormance and vr improvements in this update setting up for that move or just an optimization of the current engine?

Also could you tell me how many cpu cores this title is using as I haven't been able to find an answer.

Looking forward to trying the new cars!

Cheers

10. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Both Mercedes are a lot of fun. Good work guys

11. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    I really hope they will move to DX11.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Danilo Sousa

Danilo Sousa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After the upgrade, the game looks like it has Lag on the tracks. The game is not flowing. This slow, the track is not flowing well. Is anyone feeling this?

13. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I think they noticed a bug with that already... That the time increases is intended when you come in a slower section of the track, but on the same side it should decrease again if you are coming back on a straight... that seems not to work at the moment...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon
    Could you enlighten me about this (see previous posts) please ?

15. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    +1

16. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You need to completely lift off the throttle on a straight right now to make the penalty time decrease, slightly lifting like in PC2 is not enough.
    Yes, that's fine, but as soon as you enter the next braking zone, it shouldn't increase anymore.

17. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    In fact, moving the seat would do that. But there is no setting to move the seat to the left or to the right.

18. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    What's the question exactly?

If you map a key to "Cockpit Perspective Shift Right" and "Cockpit perspective Shift Left", then when you sit in the car you adjust using those buttons until your steering wheel matches the picture.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    0.2 s is 0.2 s, no matter your speed. ;)

20. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for clearing that up (though I figured it would be that way and I was glad to read it was finally made possible).
    BUT it does not work here.
    I tried mapping rotaty dials, two way buttons, push buttons on my wheel, my button box... None of them moves anything in my view (cockpit cam).
    As it seems I'm not alone noticing this.
    Hence my question... :rolleyes: