Released October 2018 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Oct 24, 2018.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Can only report the facts, ;) works on my triple setup.

2. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I understand, I just meant that 0.2 s lost at 100 km/h is the same than at 300 km/h, there's no reason the gap time increase in a curve only cause you slow down.

But the knock-on effect justify the time increment in other cases, thanks for the explanation. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    But then how would you solve these situations, when you don't use full throttle just because the track doesn't allow you to do so? The timer would count down your limitation of 90% throttle, but let's say in the part of the track you don't use a throttle at all. Therefore, you wouldn't get penalized.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I thought it was already established that it doesn't work if you set the tri screen startup arguments, see https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/october-2018-update.11738/page-4#post-161866
    So, yeah, it's being looked at.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sosruko

Sosruko Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It could still use the same principal in the background for calculating the gained advantage compared with the average speeds. The problem with the current system at least for me is that when I lift the throttle after receiving a slowdown the counter will not start moving at all for some reason and I end up losing like 3-4 seconds from 0.5 second slowdown. In short I have no idea when or how much to lift and for how long creating dangerous moments for people driving behind me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I think the reason this is happening to you is that right now two conditions have to be met for the game to realise you're slowing down (and the timer to start counting down). Your speed has to be below the predicted speed and your throttle input has to be below a certain percentage (80 % I think). But this is also being revised right now and might receive a simple fix by making those conditions commutable (like an either-or condition). But nothing is set in stone so far, so don't quote me on this.

My personal take on serving slowdowns is to serve them while approaching a turn, not on corner exit or on a straight. If you serve it on an exit or a straight you're doubling your loss, so to say, because not only are you slowing down compared to your competitors, you're also not accelerating while they are, which eventually costs you twice as much (compared to the other drivers, because the slowdown timer doesn't compare to them but to a virtual benchmark).

So what I tend to do is look for a turn where it's safe for me to take the inside line on the approach (no fight for positions going on behind me) and serve my sd there by going a little slower than I'd normally do. This has worked pretty good for me, so maybe give that a try.

7. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well just so when you look at it, for some it works fine, startup arguments included, so it's not broken for Tri screen, just some tri screen users. :p Could well be manufacturer determined, which Windows version and build, my gaming rig uses Win pro, which used to update ages before the home version and Windows is in the middle of an update fest, as are nVidia and a fair few other hardware manufacturers. Must be hacking season, e-fraud at its highest level ever. Think, what society once found a nuisance now find it's crippling parts of the finance sector (shame) and causing general mayhem on a daily basis throughout all digital formats. Betting there are a few sweaty network admins about.
    All hail the revolution, just not til way, way after the next update or two!

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ahso, wasn't sure about that second bit.
    Yeah, could well be down to gpu manufacturer or sth else then. It got reproduced on an AMD GPU, I assume you're using Nvidia?

9. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Win 10 Pro (latest update) - Nvidia GTX 1080 ti (all drivers up to date) - not working on my side...

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    My personal take on serving slowdowns is to serve them when you must take a pitstop or when you don't need to pit anymore you get a time penalty After the race
    Is that a great suggestions from me?
    :):cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, it's a good suggestition for sure and I would love to get an additional option for a "time added penalty".

The point of the slowdown is just that it is an immediate, on the spot punishment, which is what is required and wanted in certain scenarios/events.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Win 10 Home (Version 1803), Nvidia 1080 (latest driver) - also not working on my side

P.S. Are we talking about the same feature? Shift display up and down in "Triple Screen"are working, not working is "driver perspective" shift up and down and left and right

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    nVidia gpu, Intel cpu, Win10 1803 and Asus Mobo. Just for gaming, handful of Sims with accompanying apps and nowt else.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RacingManiac

RacingManiac Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    So for the longest time this game doesn't have a cockpit camera tilt feature, looks like with the cockpit perspective shift we can tilt the cockpit view now? I am only using a single screen though. It seems to work fine(after I mapped buttons for shift up and down) for tilt until I try using the replay and then when I resume driving the view is now all skewed and I am out side of the car and can't see the cockpit of the car. I mapped a button for perspective reset and it will bring me back to the default cockpit position before ANY adjustment to the seat. Doesn't seem to be a long term solution to this...

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I just noticed these two new "beauties" in the store:
    R8.JPG
    M6.JPG
    Not real afaik but looking very good! :)

I think you should add new liveries more frequently - especially because your business model doesn't really allow for modding them. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Porsche GT4 Clubsport, come on, it's 10 months now and just one livery. I don't get it.
    My son almost was able to walk and talk at that time.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I've heard actual whispers from the artists den that we are getting there.. Really not sure bout the reasons for this holdup, but I think @J-F Chardon wanted to wait for more liveries to be finished and approved, so it would be a worthwhile pack. But I agree it's about time, or actually, it's been about time some time ago.

18. Sosruko

Sosruko Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    This is very risky with current system if you don't slowdown enough and are left with 0.1 seconds at corner entry it will become 2.0 seconds by corner exit even if you take the turn at normal speed within the track limits.

19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi @RacingManiac , I tried to reproduce this issue but to no avail. What I did: Chose BMW 235 @ Imola, practice session, tilted the cockpit camera, while on track I went into instant replay and then back to the game. After doing so my view was still the same as before going into instant replay.

Did you do anything else that might have caused this, or did you experience this with a particular car maybe?

20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well... You're right, but a slowdown is always a risky manoeuvre in itself. ;)

My point is more about the fact that you'll lose less time compared to the other drivers on track if you serve it while approaching a turn, because that's a deceleration/slowdown zone by design. I just calculate for a little safety, go a tad slower than I'd have to and maybe lose an extra tenth or two on the approach, but this will still cost me less time than slowing down in an acceleration zone.