Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I see :/

But announcements are dangerous if you cannot respect it :(

2. ibporsche85

ibporsche85 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Depending on the car/track combination, iRacing is pretty dead!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Information in the car setup section, explaining what each setting does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sosruko

Sosruko Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It works but for some reason I get a delay of 3-10 seconds when pressing "Drive" in multiplayer servers. This means that if the server is set for solo qualifying my first lap always gets invalidated due to getting a yellow flag before my game responds. This is especially awful for SRS because there I couldn't for example qualify at all in Nordschleife classic layout due to 10 minute qualifying.
    edit: I assume moving to 32:9 resolution is the reason of this bug cause I didn't have it while driving 16:9 before upgrading my monitor. However I had a 4 month break from RaceRoom in between so can't be 100% sure.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  5. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    True. Yesterdays online Session was chastening.

6. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Can't expect every track and car combination to be available. There's some well populated stuff in there.

7. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    non !! tu aurras pas ma peau LOL

8. almkicker

almkicker Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I would like to have the car position displayed directly on the car, just as iRacing does. Just for the immersion of replays. :)

9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's small things that I'd like, the ability to have the headlights either on it off rather than just to flash. Dirt buildup on cars and windscreens and the ability to turn on the wipers. These were all features in race07 which I used to play a lot and I feel add to the Immersion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Yes, i am very surprised RRE does not have rain. I remember playing RACE PRO on the XBOX 360 and that had rain and wipers. I do recall though, that the wet weather never impacted race performance...

11. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I know I have commented here before, but thought I would add some things. lol

Would like to see more classic cars, maybe some more cars for Group 5, GTO and Touring Classics. I've really been bitten by the Classics bug lately and am in the process of buying more of those classic cars, lol. So yes, more cars!

Also, and this is a big wish for us who follow certain formats like distance racing. The old Trans Am series raced to 200 miles back in the 70s if memory serves me right. Modern Trans Am is a bit more limited, 100 miles to my understanding. And then there are races like the various 1,000 Kilometers races in Europe.

So it would be nice to have an option for single evens, multiplayer and championship modes to be able to specificy a distance. And if my memory is right again, and as we have the 1992 DTM cars in the game, back then the DTM raced up to 100 Kilometer distance, correct? So naturally, for those of us who want to simulate/recreate a 1992 DTM season, well, kinda hard to do that unles we set an arbitrary time limit that may or may not be correct for the tracks. For example, the 1992 DTM race at the Nordschleife was about 35 minutes in both races. Whereas smaller tracks like Zolder lasted like 41 minutes. And the race at Nurburgring in September 1992 Race 1 was 46 minutes long and Race 2 was 40 minutes long due to difference in race factors.

So how can you replicate a distance race when you're limited on time? And it seems the game applies a lap count to all tracks on a championship season right? That's impossible because in 1992 the race distance for Norisring was 2x44 laps, or 44 lap max distance in both races. Yet, could you imagine how long 44 laps of the Nordscheleife would take? ;-)

So yes, a distance option is needed! Otherwise manual lap counts could be done for single races, but then what's the point of championship mode since you couldn't replicate it there? Or even just make it based on the first race of the season so that whatever track you have selected along with the lap count, the game assumes a distance limit based on that first allotted race track and applies to all tracks in the championship season.

Doing by time I've found I can use 70 minutes for modern Trans Am distance of 100 miles which works out on tracks like Laguna Seca and Portimao types. But tracks like Norisring can be a spoiler. For example, the DTM race at Norisring took an average of 38 minutes to complete compared to the 35 minute average to complete both races at the Nordschleife. Then you can see why I want to pull my hair out, haha!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I like the Helicopters and planes from Rfactor 2, flying around the race tracks. Put a lot of immersion to the sim and make the tracks more lively.

Would be great to see them in RR too

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I second that, and I do recall after getting the Nordschleife track I have heard a helicopter on that flying overhead when I'm in the pit. But I guess that's more or less just environment sounds and you probably cannot actually see the helicopters overhead.

That makes me think of the MotoGP '17 game I have, it has helicopters you can see periodically as you make your way around the track.

Another wish I suppose I could add is more internal view options, what we have is fine but I'd just to just have a look around the inside of the car from driver view, just so I can look around at the interior of the car and get a little more immersion. As it is we're just limited to what we see looking left/right correct? A pan feature would be great to just look around.

14. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    There is a helicopter view mode in the game all ready, and while there is no 3D model it does allow you to follow your car from that POV.

I don't think a pan view mode would be that useful since most of the time you just want a click to look to the left or right to make sure your side is clear, you can bind free cam and look around using that but you need to use a mouse for that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Called Vr ;)

16. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Doesn´t mean that. I meant it would be great to see the Helicopters and planes from the cockpit perspective, as moving objects in the sky.

17. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    like more visual ambience correct ?

18. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    yes, correct

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    While it is nice and all, it adds even more stuff that people need to render for a feature that you will only notice once or twice. People already complain about FPS issues on some tracks, adding more details are not going to help that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    everyone is entitled to an opinion correct ?

• Agree Agree x 1