Why the wrong Car?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dauwe, Nov 14, 2018.

1. dauwe

dauwe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello everybody?

i got one question. why did we get a wrong nissan gtr gt3? in the content of the ADAC GT Masters Packs there is the GTR as a Righthander. the real GTRs 2013, 2014 and 2015 where lefthander.
    the GTR GT3 since 2013 always had the steeringwheel on the leftside and not on the rightside like in R3E. Sector 3 got the license, so we all paid for wrong content? why? after so many updates, why didn't you (Sector 3) changed this?
    same for tracklimits. there are so many limits ingame... they are not real. I watched many real races where the limits are extremly different from the games limits. R3E is not bad, i like it (and many others too) but after so many years that raceroom exists i think Sector 3 should fix the realy quick. otherwise R3E will no longer be the ppls alternative choice after the release of f.e. ACC.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    While I tend to agree that most GT-R GT3 were lefthander, it is simply wront that all GT-R GT3 were lefthander. In fact, both versions were available and the license with Nissan seems to prefer the righthander.

[​IMG]
    There is a simple rule: Two tires must stay on track, and the Curbs are part of the Track. On some tracks like Spa or Hockenheim, that limit is extended to the Astroturf - like in real life...
    If you notice anything different, feel free to give the devs some hints, were the limits are to harsh.

What you see in real life races is more or less irrelevant, as all drivers extends the set limits until the stewards penalize them. In addition, every race sets it's own limits. So it is difficult to adapt that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. dauwe

dauwe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok but at the real ADAC GT Masters since 2012 (Schulze Motorsport/the black/white livery) it is a lefthander. so the ingame version is not right. thats a fact. we purchased the ADAC GT Masters so we have to get the lefthander.

and for the limits. we (my team and i) have checked our replays. we are on the track with 2 wheels but on tracks like imola or road america we get the track limit warning. and telling this to the devs... they don't listen to us. i tried that a several times.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just like all other cars, the Nissan has been commissioned, licensed and approved by the manufacturer as well as the commissioning series body. In short: It was wanted this way.
    Why is this such a big deal for you?

There is no binding regulation or code regarding track limits that I'm aware of. There's certain guidelines but they also allow for some leeway on the side of the stewards. So the in-game track limits have been set in a way that makes most sense from a simracing perspective, which doesn't necessarily mean the same as in real life racing (f.e. because we can't have stewards).
    If you're in doubt about a particular spot please attach a video or screenshot, just saying there's sth wrong on Imola or Road America doesn't help us much to identify a potential problem. I was just testing some upcoming stuff on Imola today myself and I didn't encouter any unjustified cut detections, so please be specific.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. dauwe

dauwe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    cause i paid for it. like many other ppl i paid a lot of money for the content of r3e.

f.e. you are going to a car dealer. you pay for a car with a sportspacket (wings, defuser...) and the dealer gives you the grandpa version cause he wanted this way? think about it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    The problem is that the Manufacturer (Nissan) have to license this specific car and if they say: We only license the right handed model, there is nothing which S3 could do.

I would like to see a Nissan LHD, too, but if it's not possible it's better to have a RHD than no Nissan in this game.
    Should be Nissan to blame, not S3 :(

7. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I think it boils down to the fact of where the cars were popularized and perhaps used the most? I'm not a dev and not the foremost authority on motorsport, but I believe the in-game GTR is probably licensed based on the Mount Panamora winning 'Godzilla' of racing fame since that paintjob is on one of them if I recall correctly. In Japan and Australia where the cars are heavily raced both countries are right-hand drive. About the only time you see left-handers is if any happen to be used in Europe or US series like Trans Am. Obviously then team preference can come into play but officially the cars are right-hand drive. The only in-game Nissan that is left-hand is the GTO class car, probably because of it's association and fame with the USA Trans Am series and association with actor Paul Newman, all those cars were left-hand drive to my knowledge.

8. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    The one in the game is based on the 2011 / 2012 spec Nissan GT3, a very early model that was not used that much, it was one of the first cars to be added to R3E alongside the Alpina B6 GT3, by the time the ADAC deal came up the team running in the ADAC moved to the 2013 spec one, the one that ran until 2017. At the time it was considered that the 2012 spec is fine and rather than model a new car they use the older spec.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I stand corrected, upon further review, the winning Nissan GTR at Mount Panorama was in fact a left-hand drive.

[​IMG]

10. AlexBlob

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    The one picture is the later 2013 spec I was talking about, from that spec onwards they all used LHD, the only current GT3 that is not is the Bentley GT3, both the original and new spec.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You had the opportunity to test the car before purchasing though....

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Be asking why Brands Hatch is short of a yard or two next! :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    (Im not involved in car development)
    But getting another "Version" would mean changing the value.
    Now if the other Version would have different dynamics etc. i would agree with you, but as it is, both Versions would be (besides visuals) exactly the same.
    You paid money and you got the car, the side of the wheel doesn't change the value of it imho.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. AlexBlob

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    The later model GTR GT3 do in fact have different performance, but the one in the game is using the 2012 model and using the 2013 spec handling iirc. Each GTR spec increase the downforce, 2012 has very little, 2013 has a ton more and 2018 spec has more again. I can try and find pictures at some point but just google 2012 GTR GT3, 2013 GTR GT3 and 2018 GTR GT3 are you will see the difference.

15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's short by an entire loop...but that's another story:tonguewink:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

Well, it is rather unfair that we're limited to the Brands Hatch Indy, now that you mention it. We're actually being shorted a few miles without the proper GP track. ;-)

But I'm just teasing so don't take this too seriously. :)

17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Jest away my friend, Jest away. :)
    We all know why it's only the Indy layout, we all want the full layout, imo it can only be money holding it up, as it's inclusion is a no brainer. Of course the thought of having to give it away for free may well put the kybosh on it, even though 99% of people on here would happily pay for the rest, that 1% may hold the legal high ground and we all know who that 1% are! :rolleyes:
    Oh well, what can we complain about now?
    I know, I would very much like to drive a V12 Ferrari and Porsche 917K in Raceroom, especially through Surtees, Hawthorn, Westfield, Dingle Dell, Stirling's and Carke Curve! :p

• Like Like x 1