Fanatec Podium Series

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gopher04, May 31, 2018.

1. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I cant bid much, but bid I will!

2. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    I would like to know what was the lowest price that got through in the first auction session :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    if ebay pricing for Fanatec stuff is a clue, about $300-$400 more than new
    seriously what is the deal?!?!?! V1.5 shifter, $199 from Fanatec, $349 on ebay, CSL base and P1 wheel, $389 from Fanatec, $749 on ebay!!!!! WHO is buying this stuff???? why are they paying MORE than new, with NO warranty?????
    I got magic beans and a bridge in Brooklyn I will sell them, CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!! I need money for podium auction!!!:rage:

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Yes Aussies everywhere! I think Pepe will be disappointed if they are expecting a bargain through the auctions. The biggest discount for the Aussie auctions was about 12% and the minimum around 5%.
    Not too much to write home about to be honest.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

I’m pleased to confirm that auctions for US and EU customers will commence next week! The auction for the Podium Wheel Base DD1 for Fanatec US customers begins Tuesday 13th November, from 18:00 PST (21:00 EST). This will be followed by the auction for Fanatec Europe, which begins Thursday 15th November, from 19:00 CET (18:00 GMT).

As before, each unit starts at $1 (1€ for Fanatec Europe) with no reserve.

These are the only auction sessions we have planned for these two regions.

Instructions:

- For those based in the relevant region wishing to participate, please create a Fanatec account in advance and log in.
    - Once active, you’ll see an ‘Enter Auction Page’ button on the DD1 product page, which launches a secure bidding area hosted on Amazon’s servers, which has been thoroughly tested for stability. (Anyone can click this link to watch the bids in real-time.)
    - Click to bid as many times as you wish. Each click automatically increases the price by a fixed increment of $10 (10€).
    - After every new bid is placed, a 60-second timer will reset.
    - If there are no new bids after the timer reaches zero, the auction ends, and the winner receives an email with details on how to complete the pre-order.
    - The next auction begins immediately, starting at $1 (1€).

Please note:

- There is an unlimited amount of auctions if the auction ends at $970 (970€) or higher (which is still below the regular price of $999.95 (999.95€).
    - We will stop the auction sessions after 30 units (for US) and 45 units (for Europe) reach an end price below $970 (970€).
    - You will be able to see the previous winning bid values.
    - Any bids above the regular pre-order price are automatically invalid.
    - PLEASE BID CAREFULLY. You will be prevented from bidding on another unit if you win an auction, even if this value is above the MSRP.

Standard pre-orders for both the DD1 and DD2 wheel bases are already available in all regions; the auction system is a genuine opportunity for our customers to score a great pre-order price for this cutting-edge sim hardware.

Links to product pages:
    https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/wheel-bases/podium-wheel-base-dd1-aus.html
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-bases/podium-wheel-base-dd1-eu-1.html
    https://www.fanatec.com/ja-en/wheel-bases/podium-wheel-base-dd1-japan.html
    https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/wheel-bases/podium-wheel-base-dd1-usa.html

UPDATE: The US Auction is now closed, thank you for participating. As promised, 30 units sold below $970. Units ending above $970 but below MSRP were also valid; in total 60 units ended below MSRP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  6. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Quick question when you say US is it just US or does it include Canada or any other surrounding countries ?

7. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    The auction is available to countries normally supplied by the US webshop, so Canada is included.

8. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    US folks. New laws on taxes being applied to online sales are just starting to roll out. If your thinking of a big purchase soon do it quick.

9. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    anybody want a Fanatec CSW V2.5 in Germany?? :D

10. Wesley Stokes

Wesley Stokes Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The auction system seemed to have some underhanded dealings, more like a Bot bidding than real people. I could be wrong, but bids reaching 4k just seems fishy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Well for me ,countdown timer seemed to not be working , kept going down then up then bids were over ? It started at 6pm my time, ended maybe at 6:43pm when I posted in discord about the auction , but 50 wheels at 1 minute bid plus reload time between wheels , it should have ended atleast at 6:50pm ? waste of time imo

12. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    The auction is still going. The many of the first units had to be manually ended way above the MSRP due to overenthusiastic bidders. It is now functioning as intended, you may need to refresh your browser.

13. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Ok I got mine after 7 hours for 961 Euro..... ..... I'm done ....... xD good night everybody .........

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. jensmuellerhig

jensmuellerhig Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    You got one for sale? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  15. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Depending on when they can deliver... but will be for sale 100% ;)

16. jensmuellerhig

jensmuellerhig Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Ok, let me know when it's time. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    doh.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  18. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Im guessing this
    is refering to this
    after you saw this
    But you didnt see this ;)
    IDK, but i think you got the wrong end of the stick Gopher :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    to make it clear... I'm selling my one year old Clubsport Wheelbase V2.5 as soon as I get the Podium DD1 in my room in Germany
    (Because I can't live a day without racing xD)

No profit on my side (as long as nobody is willing to pay over 961 Euro... lel) @Gopher04 :p:D;)

But since there is no black Friday Deal for the CSW V2.5 (Thank the Lord!!! :eek: ) it's a good option for somebody who was thinking about to get one... and I can keep one of my kidneys :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    does anyone know how many ppr/cpr the Podium will feature? or do they hold back this information?

To have an idea what's the range with modern wheels:

Thrustmaster T300, TS-PC etc is talking about 65.536 values, but doesn't state if this number is for 1 revolution or the whole 1080°. My guess is that it gives 65536 vaules for the whole steering range so it would be 21.845 cpr

I find no information about this on the Fanatec website, but they also use HALL sensors, the CSW2.5 uses two of them. So you could say it's in the same region like the Thrustmaster wheels.

Logitech G29 / G920 same.

Leo Bodnar Simsteering 2 has 2.000.000 cpr if I remember correctly
    Accuforce Pro V2 has 64.000 cpr

Newest OSW Simucube builds have 4.200.000 cpr

So where's the Podium? According to testers it has really low cogging, they also compared it to a Simucube, but it was not stated which encoder the Simucube used. My guess is that it used the SinCos encoder with 2.000.000 cpr (like the Bodnar one), because the new Biss-C encoder with 4.200.000 cpr is only used in the newest build for a few months.
    Since cogging depends on the anchor and the number of magnets in the motor itself, it's a hardware related thing and I don't know how much a high resolution encoder compensates this cogging effect. The Simucube Small MiGE also should be less prone to cogging than the Large MiGE, since they both have same anchor and number of magnets but the Small MiGE having them on a smaller diameter.
    I read many reports of people saying that cogging gets less when changing to a better encoder, but since I only used the 4.2mil Biss-C encoder I have no comparison myself. But I don't feel any cogging so I don't really have to care in the end.