Car to Learn On

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Destin65, Nov 12, 2018.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    DTM cars are a silhouette type formula. Although they look like saloons on the outside they have a carbon tub and wishbone style suspension. They are very reliant on aero and are extremely stiff. They share more DNA with a single seater than a touring car or GT.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    As Ravey said, the DTM is more or a prototype there a touring car, the only thing "touring" about them is the name.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Just like the old Group 5

• Like Like x 1
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You wanna be buying vrp directly from the https://www.raceroomstore.com site, then go to RR and buy what you're after. If you put the code Jadier in with your purchase you can grab an extra 5% off. That $10 bucks would have gone way further my friend. ;)

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    How else are you paying for content?

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can add funds to your steam wallet with additional methods, paysafe cards f.e., and then buy through your wallet, but this way you can't benefit from the bulk discount offered at raceroomstore.

I'm actually in the same boat as @Nico Kunze here, don't want to use a credit card or Paypal, so more payment options on the raceroomstore.com site would be very welcome indeed, and have been requested.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok fair enough. I don't know about other countries but in the UK credit card is the safest way to pay for things and it gives the buyer most protection.

8. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I think, in germany they want to pay cash because credit cards, paypal, contactless paying, google pay and all the others are evil and all of them want their stuff.

So they only want to pay cash here. Only country of this world... :)

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Cash online though?

10. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    It was meant as a joke.
    But seriously germans only want to pay cash everywhere.

Google Pay starts: Everywhere "Yay" In Germany: "Oh dear, they know, what I'm buying. Can I uninstall that?"

(I'm german, too. But please see it as it is: A joke in this thread)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Totally, but at least on my end this isn't as much a payment security issue as it is a data security one. @FormelLMS is absolutely right, people here are very sceptical when it comes to digital payment, I guess partly cause we've had some hands-on experience with all-encompassing (state) surveillance and the effects that kind of "knowledge" can have on your day-to-day life.

12. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

In some cases, yes, vRP is better and I have been buying some from time to time. My first purchase not knowing about it was through Steam. After that I started buying some vRP. As far as the $9.99 pack, you get a complete car set with all liveries, and then 9 tracks. I already had some of the tracks from basic pack and/or sales (norisring, slovakiaring).

But anyways, I felt the $9.99 for ADAC 2014 car set, plus adding in tracks like Red Bull Ring, Nurburgring, Lausitzring, Oschersleben and Sachsenring... I saw that 1100 vRP for $9.49 was not going to buy all of those items separately, so I went for that $9.99 package deal off same website where you get vRP. It would have been an even greater deal had I not already had a few of the tracks like Hockenheim, Slovakia, Norisring, Zandvoort, etc. Still, I felt it was too good of a deal to pass up. hehe

13. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    This is the pack I am talking about. And I have to correct my previous post as I thought it had 9 tracks and included Norisring. I was mistaken in that as the pack comes with 8 tracks and Noris is not part of.

Anyways, 6 types of cars with 19 liveries spread across them, ability to then unlock equivalent GTR3 cars of same type for 29 vRP if you want, and then there are the 8 tracks, some of the more popular in terms of many racing series using them so they show up in other packs which then helps lessen the price of those other packs too if you are looking forward to those too at some point.

I just found it to be a deal better than buying them separate with vRP.

https://www.raceroomstore.com/us/adac-gt-masters-experience-2014-dlc-downloadable-content.html

14. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Use your Mums!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    There is always a prepaid card. Surely the easiest way if one has no bank account or credit card.

16. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You can buy the very same pack in the RR store with the benefit of the vrp discount. o_O

17. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

Nope, they don't sell this particular pack in the store. They have an ADAC pack that has 2013,2014,2015 cars and track but that would require about $22 worth of vRP to buy that way. The ADAC pack that has cars and tracks in the store is 2,474 vRP for all 3 seasons, I'd have to buy 2,000 vRP for $16.99 plus an additional 500 vRP for $4.49 to be able to get that. $21.48 total. Now yeah, it's a decent deal too.

The only other pack they have is for the 2014 cars only pack, now yes that one is less than $9.99 but I'd still have to spend $9.49 to buy the vRP and then have around 423 vRP left over to then try and buy all 8 tracks. Don't think you can buy 8 tracks for that little vRP, hehe.

The pack I got was 2014 season only and has 6 cars, 19 liveries, 8 tracks. For $9.99. Which is not sold in the store.

18. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You buy the first pack at full price then every pack after that is massively discounted, I don't have one of the ADAC packs but I can buy it for 62vrp. If you own content already, you don't have to pay for it again, so tracks/cars you already own, so just a couple liveries to pay for. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Don't ask, he won't mind, it's for RR, basic human right! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1