Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Im scared to dl it !

2. Peter Varinsky

Peter Varinsky New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You cant live in fear :) It saved my wheel, so thanks to the time traveler, who went back and put it online for us :)

3. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I asked this over at Racedepartment, but maybe someone here can help.
    I have recently tried to get my Fanatec CSP V1 pedals working properly again, replaced the Load Cell, cleaned up the Throttle and Clutch hall sensors etc and they appear to be functioning ok.
    However, the Brake pressure to get full reading on the Calibration software seems too much for me to be comfy with it. After reading about using DIView to adjust this, I tried it out. Only problem I found was that my pedal responses are inverted in DIView (when I press the pedals they move from right to left, high value to low value) so it doesn't seem possible to use DIView as proposed with these pedals.
    It works ok with other peripherals. In the Fanatec calibration software, the responses are low to high values ok. I've also tried DXTweak but it's the same as DIView.
    In my Sims, it's not a problem, I simply choose the "inverted" option.

Is there any way to get them calibrated in DIView, or to adjust them so that I can get full response in-game with lower brake pedal pressure?
    I've fiddled with the little potentiometer on the brake pedal but anything less than almost full results in the response in the calibration (and in-game) being less than full brake application.

Any help appreciated.

4. Peter Varinsky

Peter Varinsky New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I had a similar problem, I guess. In Raceroom, I could not get the brake force to reach 100 percent. so I had to go into the wheel settings and turn down the brake force..

5. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean to lower the Upper Deadzone in-game? That should work for RRE but not all Racing Sims have that feature.

6. Tyger

Tyger Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec CSL elite and pedals with brake LC here. absolutely bloomin' luv it. Cheers Fanatec!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Diego83

Diego83 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, is it possible to have the parameters for a correct production of a fanatec v 2.5 both in the game and on the steering wheel?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    is the US getting any black Friday deals?
    when I checked out the Fanatec web site it only had links to EU pricing

p.s. are the black Friday deals only for "facebook" users? it is the only link I saw on the Fanatec web site, or will the black Friday info be on your regular page when the sale starts?
    I wouldn't sign up for "facebook" if you were giving away Podium bases for free

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
  10. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Pretty disappointed with the official F1 rim to be honest! Just a cut down formula black/carbon rim :(

11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    @DomB,
    I recently updated my csp wheelbase v2 to the latest driver from 310 to 311 and firmware 473.
    Now it seems, the range of force, that can be applied through the brake pedal has decreased immensely at my csp v3 pedals. I cannot exploit the magnitude as I used to and wheels block very fast when braking. Manual calibration doesn't change it. Has something been change in this matter?
    Another question is, why Enable CSP V3 manual mode is reactivated automatically after I unchecked it and open Fanatec property page again? upload_2018-11-20_20-25-55.png
    Thanks.
    Edit: Has the load cell finally reached the end of its lifetime?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  12. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

BlackFriday #5 @DomB ?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    this looks like a Prototype, just like the Porsche Podium wheelhub.
    Most likely it will have the ''Cutoff'' Design, like the new F1 wheels.

.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Looks like a frankenwheel! I'm a bit sad, I've been keen on the official licensed rim only to now be disappointed :(

15. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Damn I want to know how the finished wheel looks like and the price...... just a few hours to go .... x)

16. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Here you go

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    400-500 Euro I guess :confused: with podium update options, let's see what this is

18. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    349 euro's at this moment on pre-order..I like the look but it's a shame they kept it to the 27cm size, one of the biggest faults with the previous F1 rim was the size, that's why the Mclaren GT3 rim was so popular..

CS SWFORM V2 18 Big_05-1000x666.jpg CS SWFORM V2 18 Big_02-1000x666.jpg

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    @Gopher04 what's wrong with 27cm? I have a Momo Mod27 and it's super fine to drive with :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Bought it straight away, love the look of it? Next purchase will be the magnetic shifter and clutches for it