Released 28th November update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 28, 2018.

1. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure about the dedicated server but for the the AI races it is on the setup screen for the race with laps, rules, etc..

2. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thanks
    In the multiplayer we see also the collumn ballast, but is always 0
    Hopefully something for the future

3. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if it would be applied in single races, between practice-qualifying-race but for a series it would be applied based on previous results. First race all would be zero and then after that applied, or removed based on results.

4. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Can I make a quick suggestion to at least try? I too felt like they were very very twitchy and throttle control was almost unbelievably hard on corner exit. I felt the stock setups were way too aggressive.

Move the toe in on the front to -0.4
    Move toe out on the rear to 0.1
    Reduce front camber to
    Reduce rear camber way down to
    Take both sway bars to their lowest and add more later.

I soften the setup from there and added a little height -

Lastly alter the diff to the middle.

Then give it a try. Your going to notice you have to input more half way through anything tight, but stability and out of the apex makes up for it. I’m also running more traction control than any other cars in the sim.

Regardless this made the steering far more easy - I did 4 online races in the gt2 class yesterday and was really doing quite well.

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    @NL-Jos The weight column already works in MP, but not for success ballast, that's not a dedi option (so far).

Some of the assists the players can now chose freely (provided the dedi allows the usage of those assists) would have given the players using those assists an advantage over players not using them. In order to compensate for that, players enabling those assists will receive a weight penalty. This function does already work and if a player enables assists on a car that didn't have that assist irl, there's a weight penalty.

I guess you were driving on a server where the artificial assists were disabled, or nobody used them. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I’ve seen ballast added several times in multiplayer.

It looks like if you add traction control when the car shouldn’t have it - ballast added

If you add ABS to car that shouldn’t have it - ballast added.

I wish if the car is suppose to have a clutch and you choose auto clutch it would add ballast - currently having auto clutch is only an advantage (even if you use a clutch).

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    14-20% - I settled on the Cadillac after a couple runs though. The bmw was much easier to handle in every regard.

• Like Like x 1
  8. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    OK, thanks!

9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Just to add the wheel range is way to sensitive to what it was before the patch, I thought it might be just to do with the cars with the new tyre model (which to be honest feels numb/squidgy) but it's sensitive on all that I have tried so far..Also I find with alot of cars especially the new ones and with new tyre model, they all seem to have this spring like behavior being pulled back to center which is making it extremely difficult to change direction quickly..pre patch all was good.

10. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    If i set (for example) the Brake and TC on factory and the car have these options, players get ballast if they use one of these options?
    Or by more other settings they changed?
    The server i drove is in my own dedicated server
    I use now custom settings because i noticed that in get real there are a lot of possibility's wich you can change that we personal don't like in the get real settings. (Note: this is pure personal :))

11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yep, weight penalties only apply to assists the cars in question don't have in real life. If you set TC or ABS to factory you will never get a penalty for that, because the game will only enable TC/ABS if the car has it irl.

Note about ABS: IIrc there is also no weight penalty for using artificial ABS (i.e. enabling ABS on cars that don't have it irl), but instead the braking distance is slightly increased. This should prevent people from gaining an advantage by enabling ABS in cars that don't have it by default.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  12. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I could do with some guidance on the new implementation of TC in the update.

Just before the update, my hard drive failed completely. I've replaced that and re downloaded the game, essentially starting from scratch.

I had all of my pre update car setups backed up and Ive just added them back into the game.

Do I need to reverse all of my old TC setting levels so that they match what the patch has introduced?
    Meaning that my lowest level of TC is now setting 6 and the highest is 1?

13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You don't have to use the same logic. Matter of fact this new approach is not set in stone, there's pros and cons and we might end up reverting that again (so TC step 1 is lowest again).
    But you are still able to set the TC steps to whatever you want them to be per car, so those old setup files should still work...
    Provided they don't conflict with any physics updates. We've already found that some old setups for the cars that got changed (like GT3 f.e.) don't work anymore, cause the setup value ranges got changed and depending on what you had set before the update your old files might break now.

@NL-Jos maybe this helps:
    assists_penalties.jpg

• Informative Informative x 4
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  14. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Christian.

With what you have said in mind, I think I'll remove my old setups and use them as reference only.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That would probably be the safest way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    It is not only on the GT2 class and it happens also on straights, like driving down the "döttinger" on NOS, just barely move the wheel left<->right slowly in a small range, the car start turning like almost full rotation. Wheel range was on 1080/13 so the car should almost not move at all if i just turn the wheel for like 15° of 1080°

It just doesn't feel right

17. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for these support, Compliments for that. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I was able to drive the BMW GT2 perfectly fine before the patch, and loved the car.

19. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Really dislike that now every car starts with full tc on the track.
    Im no noob anymore and find it really hard to change the TC value now every time.

Please change it back, this is really frustrating.

Or switch it back to tc value one while driving in Get Real and let the others drive with full TC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I am Not experience this at all - not in
    Gt4
    Gtgt2
    Formula jr
    Touring classics
    And the standard xbow.

Like at all. Fanatec v2 base here (900 degrees)