rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    November roadmap update is here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Good news about a new OSW profile !

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    If the new USF car will be as good as the one we have it for now I'll be one happy bunny. xD

4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I really wish they would fix the ffb on the merc and possibly radical. It's so wrong on the Merc compared to any other car. It seems like all the focus is on the new UI and they aren't updating their paid content.

5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    THANK YOU! I thought that I'm the only one that have this weird feeling in Merc

6. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I'm just glad they finally fix the wheel rotation control panel reset issue.

" THANK YOU! I thought that I'm the only one that have this weird feeling in Merc "
    Do you mean, how there's good steering feel for the first 45 Deg. of rotation
    and then after that it feels like a shopping cart with bad casters.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  7. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Nah, the Merc is absolutely horrific IMHO, I totally refuse to drive it. S397 aren't exactly known for great QC and consistency with their releases, but this car sets a new low.

I appreciate that S397 are doing an amazing job breathing some life into a title that ISI mismanaged so very badly. I hope once they get the UI and other essential infrastructure in place they consider backporting some of their improvements to existing content and running a QC pass over it. Apart from rF2's questionable performance (which seems to be improving) and user hostile UI (which will be replaced by 2027 fingers crossed), the incredible lack consistency of its official content is the greatest weakness of this game.

8. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Finished setting up new OSW profile, which now automatically uses the real wheel rotation for every car/kart without the need of making further changes. Great addition !

About the FFB mentioned above, what is it what you guys are complaining about precisely ? These cars seem to perform OK on my system. It has been a while since I have driven the Mercedes, but I gave it some 20 laps yesterday (having read the comments) and I really don't see what's wrong.
    The Radical is OK too, but I now realise you probably mean the Turbo ? Have to try that again.

Performance ? Since a while rF2 has a massively higher FPS count on most tracks (still a few mods are holding back though) than my other sims, just saying... I do realise that after the move to DX11 performance was (really) bad in some cases, up to the point of not driveable even, but that has changed drastically.

9. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    For me, and presumably a reasonable number of people not using DD wheels, the merc feels like it has zero caster, and loses most of its feeling when turning more than 45 degrees or so. It's very hard to drive on the edge when you can't feel very much. On a DD wheel with very high dynamic range, I'm assuming there's still plenty of feel.

Everyone's hardware setups are going to give them a different impression of the strengths and weaknesses of each driving sim. Obviously rF2 is performing well for you :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I agree, hardware certainly plays a (big) role.
    When the GT3 cars first came available (I was using a Fanatec V2 then), the rF2 performance was so bad (leaving the pits, alone on track, I barely got 30 FPS in some cases) that I did not drive in rF2 anymore. It was simply impossible. But as soon as I heard things were changing (rapidly), I tried again and it was driveable then... Seemingly they kept working because from then on (even with the GTX980TI and triple 144Hz but recently changed to GTX 1080TI) the performance is really good.
    I don't really remember how the cars behaved with the V2, but on OSW/Simucube now I get full info (which is not a placebo :D).
    Have to add that for both Mercedes AMG and Radical RXC, I have set the FFB car specific multiplier 0.1 higher than the standard 1.0 I use, because both feel a little lighter than I would expect.
    Also, the Merc is more difficult to catch than other GT3's when the back steps out.

And yes, rF2 is performing very well on my system. I have FPS limited to 110 for all sims (144 Hz monitors) but FPS counter in rF2 shows mostly massively higher numbers, some tracks even over 200. I have no clue how that is even possible (not a PC savant here, to say the least... :rolleyes:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    My rF2 performance is pretty good nowadays too, there was a totally transformative patch earlier in the year which finally made it possible to drive without the simulation dropping out of real time. As I've stated, my main problem with rF2 is the terrible lack of consistency with the official content (of course free mods get a free pass, although it has to be said that some of it is better than official content). In most sims new developments in physics, visuals, tyre models etc generally get back ported to the older content so that there's not a terrible disparity in the vehicle and track roster. In rF2 there's some pretty lacklustre content making it into the default install, with a large amount of vehicles crying out for newer tyres with actual mechanical grip that don't overheat on the grass, updated textures, windshield rain fx etc etc. As it stands, only the very latest S397 paid content truly showcases the enormous strides S397 have made.

12. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    BTW:

Whats the difference between 12h layout and full layout?
    (Sebring)

13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    "The main layout is available in two versions. One featuring the 12-hour race layout, with a packed infield and a lot of spectators, and another that gives you more of a “track day” feel."

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    In addition the 12h layout needs some extra fps ;)

15. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OK, checked. Roadsurvace and track is the same...

16. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
  17. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    GT3 challengers pack, featuring the McLaren 720S GT3, the Audi R8 LMS GT3, Porsche 911 GT3 R, the BMW M6 GT3 and finally the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 2019, is live now on Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Just a note because you did not mention it - Vantage is gonna be added soon, because of pending approvals from Aston Martin

19. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Holy ... I just LOVE these new cars. They look gorgeous, they are very nice to drive. New shaders are awesome. Cockpits look far more real than the cartoony ACC's.
    Did only half a dozen laps (it's rather late here) in each of them at Brands Indy. All stock (no changes). FFB feels very good and laptimes were very close. Sounds are nice...
    I'm a big Audi fan, but I have to say: that McLaren... :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Completely agree with Fanapryde's comments. They've done a fantastic job with the new pack.