How to set up controllers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Per Rune Pedersen, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Per Rune Pedersen

Per Rune Pedersen New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi New here, well I downloaded the software a year ago, but found never out how to install my controllers hardware as I never found a link from my homepage at raceroom to settings. So I just continued to race in Iracing and AC. However, I am keen to get started with raceroom, so I hope to get some info, where I can find out how to enter the section where I can install my controllers * OSW wheelbase, Heusinkveld pedals, various Fanatic wheels. I have also a motion rig from prosimu. Somebody out there keen to give a newcomer here some piece of advice
    Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The pedals and wheels (assuming they are usb converted) should be recognised automatically and controls can be assigned to them via the control settings menu. The OSW I'm not sure how they work and the motion should be controlled through its own software. Hope this helps a bit.

3. Per Rune Pedersen

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for feedback, however the controllers are USB, and connected, but there is no linking or immediate download, nor direction to a site where its possible to configurate the pedals, wheels etc. I mean, there must be a link somewhere or a place to where you can set up you hardware in Raceroom? In other plattforms I use, like Iracing and AC this is intuitive and acessable on their mainpage.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yes in options, control settings. It's as simple it can be really.

5. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what your asking here, all hardware has its own drivers to install on your pc and you calibrate using that software, i have all fanatec so i installed the software and configured/calibrated with their tool then assigned and calibrated in game.
    As far as i know that is the case with all sims.

6. Per Rune Pedersen

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I am starting the set up, under active devices i find all my controllers, then I go to controllers profile, but then nothing shows other than default controllers, and they do not match mine, when I use "detect controllers" nothing happens. I made a profile for my OSW wheel and that shows, but nothing happens clicking on that. What I miss here is a tutorial that shows everything from the start.

7. Per Rune Pedersen

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    i am now one step further, my osw wheel is calibrated but not my He Sim pedals that are showing under Axctive devices, but not when I go to controller profiles, here the only device showing is the OSW wheelbase in addition to the default controllers.
    Is there something I need to do in order to further activate the pedals? Should they not be detected when they already are registered under active devices, together with som other ID 0 to ID 4 but only ID 2 SimuCube is showing up in the controller profile?

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    just go to the primary settings , double click on throttle , press the pedal and it should work , repeat for all pedals and buttons as you need ....

Andi

9. Per Rune Pedersen

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    hi, I have no primary settings, but I guess that is the same as edit assignments, ( second line after controller profiles)
    I double click, and get the message press any key, but no registration from neither throttle nor brake

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    have you the driers , firmware loaded on the pc for the pedals , try downloading DiView from bodnar and see if the pedals are registering

Andi

11. Per Rune Pedersen

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    yes I have the drivers, and everything works great in Iracing and AC, and they are also detected in Raceroom, as they are under active devices, but like I wrote going from there to the controllers pedals are not registered. Very strange....

12. Tlisotta

Tlisotta Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Did this ever get solved?

13. Tlisotta

Tlisotta Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I am having the same issue. Accuforce wheel works but HE Pedals do not even though it is recognized. I also dont have Primary Secondary settings - just have one button for that.

14. Tlisotta

Tlisotta Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! Still cant get the pedals to work. Strange as it shows it as a device but will not let me assign the pedals

15. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    You have something called Edit Assignments. There you can try to set up the pedals and see if they get acknowledge by the in game setup. If they are found and saved you can then proceed to "Advanced Settings" and set up your hardwear more precise.

16. Jorgen Wahlby

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Might have to press the "Detect Controllers" at the top before you try to assign any new devices.

17. Tlisotta

Tlisotta Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies. Still does not work. Pedals show as an active device but it will not let me assign the pedals.

18. Jorgen Wahlby

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Please post a pic from this page in game settings. So I can see if there is any missing device and for a general look on how it shows that page for you.

Attached Files:

19. Jorgen Wahlby

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    ...and this page. It's the defult page before you chose any of the 4 bars on the left.

Attached Files:

20. Tlisotta

Tlisotta Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    upload_2018-12-31_14-39-12.jpeg

• Like Like x 1