Problem Ridiculous framerate at "Shanghai"

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NoXiD, Jun 9, 2015.

1. NoXiD

NoXiD Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    GPU is allways on 99%
    Motherboard i tried restore default settings. Same situation!

Is there something wrong?

Attached Files:

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    If it were me I'd be tempted to start nuking stuff - revert to older drivers with default settings, maybe even reinstall windows

3. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Your file seems to be good.
    Tomorrow I got some time, we will keep it together.
    Can't be possible that you got problems with a GTX 970.
    I will collect some advises and solutions this evening.
    Futhermore, I estimate some more basically problems like mainboard or ram ones.

4. NoXiD

NoXiD Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    No i think i got no problems with my GTX970!
    I was just now on Hockenheim with the same videocard settings. i reach 197 Fps!!!!!!!! And 145 Fps at the pit areas!!!!!!!!
    And on Shanghai i reach 20 - 50 fps.........

5. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I mentioned this another thread but alot of these motherboard/GPU utilities can have serious issues with some games. If you havent already I would disable them, reboot and reevaluate. Some of the auto overclocking stuff can really mess with games. On my last system with BF3 and the MSI utility I couldnt get 20 FPS and it showed my CPU and GPU at 99% and very hot. Many days and swapping of parts later, I discovered it was the MSI mobo utilty causing all my issues - was then running 60FPS with vsync and smooth as glass and CPU and GPU hardly breaking a sweat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Under Windows Vista and higher the operating system manages the GPU memory and not the GPU driver. Windows 10 has made significant improvements on that front, and should be faster. Now if something "weird" is going on on that front, you can try using "GPU-shark" to get some info.
    http://www.geeks3d.com/20150127/gpu...monitoring-utility-nvidia-geforce-amd-radeon/

run it and under "Tools" select "NVIDIA - GPU Memory Info"
    it will bring up something like this (it's a bit fragile so try not close this tiny window, otherwise have to close and rerun the app)

[​IMG]

Note down the evicted memory value and eviction count. Play the game, reproducing your slow performance. If the counts/memory went up a lot, then windows decided to do some resource swapping of GPU memory (textures...), which is not good. Having a bit of this going on is "okay", but tons of it is bad.

Depending on how brave you are, you could create a trace using gpuview, although I wouldn't go so deep for starts:
    https://developer.nvidia.com/conten...ing-video-memory-overcommitment-using-gpuview

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  7. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I just let my FPS-counter on while playing this evening.. On shanghai i get higher fps - up to 125 than on Monza, Hockenheim below 90.. Bear in mind not alone on the track and same settings..:confused:

8. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    If you both are having so different performances, with the same GPU, just one thing is left: the nvidia control panel general settings.

Instead, I would use Nvidia Inspector, and try tweak some settings, like AA and Pre-rendered frames.

PS. I would never consider a windows reinstall.

9. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    The issue I seem to have with the track is when I am turning towards the grandstand/pit buildings only (panning). When I am driving directly towards them straight it seems there is very little performance drop. I have normal reflections. Seems to be a drawing thing perhaps. ATi card.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Sounds very interesting. Did you tried Shanghai front straight with Windows 10 compared to 7 or 8.1?

And a second question. Did you use W10 build 10135? If yes, can you confirm that resulotion 1920x1080 is finally running?
    Thanks in advance.

11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    The fact that the track is the variable between high fps and low fps for the users with problems points to the actual track being the issue. If one was having issues on other games or even all of r3e, i might be more inclined to delve into deep editing of system settings and such. While it may help, its a bit much to get one track in a game to run properly.

Ill give it another go tonight with with the in game settings and report back, to hopefully add something useful to the conversation.

EDIT: Tried lowest possible in game settings @ 5760x1080, Set to low, then used custom settings to lower the remaining settings all the way. It's playable but still shows poor fps at times, far from smooth - plus at this level of detail it's not even worth using the track. Hopefully sector 3 can get this sorted out at some point. This performance simply not good enough.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  12. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Without going into detail about my settings, I'm typing on a tablet not my computer, Shanghai has much lower fps than any of the other tracks by far. It's still more than playable for me in single player but still very low. Strangely that CR-1 cup cars are much lower than the GT2 or WTCC cars. Same settings and same size field. Just my small 2 cents worth! :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    not sure if it was bc of shanghai, but i tried the audi r8 2014 gt3 car there & there was no in-car motec display/HUD, just a black box. also, when cars went to my left side (i am on a single screen), their textures would glitch out & id get a large black box in place of or flashing with the car. this is all in cockpit view, didnt try other views for the textture glitch.

are these known issues?

14. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Having run the game tonight with the settings to suit Shanghai, I have to go back on what I said about shadows, I must have been more willing to accept them but the shadows with Split off look bad on the tracks with more shadows, especially on the cars... Shadows now build and fade in as I drive...something new, so I'll pop the settings back how they were and hope there's some further optimisation.. Shame, the prototypes are a blast round there.

EDIT : TBH Shadows are a big problem at every track for me...I've just tried to run 24 DTM13 at Brands...even on high the shadows on the ad boards on the pit wall don't look that great and they munch fps like I do chocolate malted milk biscuits!! 50 at the start of the race. So for now it's only contact shadows for me.

EDIT : I've tried to run a race online...3 cars fps as high as 130 but as low as 60, and while that doesn't sound too bad....when it drops it's agony on my eyes...steering clear for now. @Jan Stange @Steven Bull I hope you enjoyed your race

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  15. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well i am having the same low fps on Shanghai but then with a AMD-card.
    I switched however for the official version, last year now to a beta version of last may.
    On mostly low settings now with vsync enabled the lowest i get is 45fps. Before that was around 30!!!!!
    Mostly the first sector is dropping untill 45, 2nd and 3rd sector are as good as 60.
    This was done in a leaderboard challenge, so not online or race, just a simple hotlap.

Dunno what driver you are on, but maybe it is worth to have a look in that area.;)

Hopefully you get it sorted, my fps is much better but still not optimal.

16. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    So do you think the Beta is a boost in performance then.. Cause I'll give it a go.I reckon.

17. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I have 15.5 beta....definitely a bit better.....5-10fps.

18. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Nice one Cheers Sean..

19. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well you can always try the beta. You can always roll back if this driver does not suit you.

20. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Kurt..