App R3E Reality GT - Multiplayer Broadcast Overlay

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Scout, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    All could be added if the R3E API exposed it, but unfortunately it's not possible now. :(

I would like to add a yellow flag indicator to the countdown timer at the top of the screen if a yellow flag is present on the track, like in real life. Also indicators when a driver is in the pitlane, but again its not possible right now. :(

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    So my only 3 suggestions for now is to make session status slightly bigger. I'd also move it to the left, above standings tower and set it to be shown in 2 rows (kinda like they have it in F1). Briefly looking through files I think I saw something about flags - maybe this could be incorporated into this.

Second one is to make background of timing section of standings tower to be fixed size (or min-size) - it would look more aesthetically

And last one is to remade time difference in driver comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    @Scout For big maps like NOS the Car images are great!
    But for the smaller Maps i would prefer the one without images.

Shortened Names is looking good, but in the past we had a lot of confusion if there are many Drivers which have same first 3 letters in their name.

Other options:
    1 Letter first Name 3 last Name
    Rama Dama Balama = "RBAL" or "R BAL"

1 Letter first Name 4 last Name
    Rama Dama Balama = "RBALA" or "R BALA"

For the visbility, if not done already, make the leading Car of a close group the top most level.
    And another idea would be a icon for laps behind for Endurance Race like +1 +2 etc.

There are informations in the API about that!
    You are even able to get the Sector of the Yellow Flag.
    Pit-Lane indicator and Pit-Count is also available

https://github.com/sector3studios/r3e-api/blob/master/sample-c/src/r3e.h
    Flags:
    Line 254-324
    Line 507
    Line 687-702

PIT stuff
    Line 78-96
    Line 115-125
    Line 406-408
    Line 480-500

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I made the session status 2px bigger. I added a note to improve this. I could make it dual row as you said with the session type on top and the timer on bottom. Maybe the track country could also be incorporated, but I would need to create a record of each tracks country manually as its not available in the API. Maybe the event info widget could benefit from this too..

It would be nice to have the timer above the standings tower, but I saw a few comments to allow for more drivers to be shown in the standings. It can show 30 drivers now, mainly due to allocating the empty space near the top of the screen. This can still change in future, I will have a think about it.

The time time difference in the compare widget has been changed slightly so it uses a better font/appearance now. Mini flashing DRS and PTP indicators have now been added to the comparison widget too for both drivers.

Yeah, I'll look at using Firstname Initial + 3 Letters of last name as standard on the standings and track map.

I might remove the car image on the trackmap completely maybe, I think it only works well on Nords and I'd prefer to have some consistency across tracks maybe, I will see. I'll have a look at the layering of the lead driver too in the trackmap.

Unfortunately that API is in a different programming language, and its not for spectating/broadcasting. The API for broadcasting is here which doesn't expose as much data - https://github.com/sector3studios/r3e-spectator-overlay#api

5. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    But the spectator client is connected to the server so you should have access to the other API aswell, you just have to readout the memory block on the client machine?

6. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    @OtterNas3 That is what I was hoping, but I'm not sure it will work that way, but I could be completely wrong. Maybe @Georg Ortner might be able to find out on the below?

7. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Simplified Track Overlay Naming (First Initial + 3 Chars of last name). The same has been added to the standings on the left.

upload_2018-12-11_17-5-46.png

Class coloring's with class leaders highlighted in gold.(Screenshot taken before name format updates)

upload_2018-12-11_17-7-49.png

On the comparison widget between the two drivers, the DRS/PTT now becomes visible and flashes green for the duration.

upload_2018-12-11_17-6-48.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Looks amazing!
    Much more visibility on the Track Map :)

9. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    @rad Did a small bit of work on the session info widget. Also improved the Event info widget a little bit.

That's a wrap for today. :sleeping:

upload_2018-12-11_19-37-47.png

upload_2018-12-11_19-37-59.png

upload_2018-12-11_19-38-9.png

10. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Didn't really like the design from last night so changed it up. Added a new set of country flags with more subdued coloring to fit the UI a bit better.

upload_2018-12-12_10-46-13.png upload_2018-12-12_10-46-23.png upload_2018-12-12_10-46-40.png upload_2018-12-12_10-47-25.png

11. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0

Hi, and beautiful work so far! :)
    I looked into this, and there seems to be some more functionality that we hadn't exposed yet.
    An update will come.
    Also asked around about recent trackmaps, think they'll be coming as well.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. mape

mape KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    Great work on the overlays,
    r3e.js was recently updated with some new data.

Changes:

If you are missing data, it would be great if you could compile a list.
    Then, if possible and time allows, we'll look into adding them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, thank you guys! :openmouth:

I'll have think and an ask around to see if there is anything else that would be nice to have, but I think there is more than enough to keep me occupied for the next while. Thanks again!

14. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    This what i ask is probebly ask bevore, but why can't this overlay work on replay's or is this something for the future?

15. Disco1909

Disco1909 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yes, flags are possible :)

Attached Files:

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Some of what I have been working on..

Tyre Compound Display

upload_2018-12-13_14-1-23.png
    upload_2018-12-13_15-37-43.png

Quick preview of the tyre compound display for FR US, FR X17 and GTR 2 classes with indication of Soft, Medium, Hard, Primary and Alternate compounds. This will be shown in the standings for and of the applicable classes, along with being shown in the driver info widget. (Edit: tyres will show after the timings with the next version)

Safety Car Alerts
    upload_2018-12-13_14-23-26.png
    upload_2018-12-13_14-24-11.png

For leagues that run a form of safety car, 2 new UI elements have been added. The first one is a flashing amber Safety Car alert that shows under the timer that can be turned on when the safety car is on track. The second is an alert to show when the Safety Car will be returning to the pits on the current lap for improved realism. Both of these are toggled on and off by clicking on the button in the widget list.

Race Control Alerts
    upload_2018-12-13_14-17-28.png
    upload_2018-12-13_17-43-51.png

During race sessions, penalty/disqualification events will be monitored in the background and an alert will show on screen with infringements such as slow down penalties, stop and go penalties, drive-through penalties, disqualifications etc due to reasons like cutting the track, overtaking under yellows, speeding in the pits etc. These will show for all drivers, not just the focused driver.

Multiclass Standings
    upload_2018-12-13_15-22-13.png
    upload_2018-12-13_15-21-40.png

Improved the styling and added a consistent font for improved clarity.

Track Map Overlay
    upload_2018-12-13_15-10-2.png

Improved coloring to differentiate the classes.

Session Info Timer
    upload_2018-12-13_18-23-35.png

upload_2018-12-13_18-21-45.png

Added a new dual row session info widget to show the session type on top and remaining time/country flag on bottom. Chequered flag appears on race end when the leader crosses the line on the final lap. (Idea from AlexBlob)

------------------

Edging closer to an initial release. Lots more features planned, but they can be added at a later date. Hoping to have something out soon.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  17. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Love the safety car alert as we run one. :D nice work...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. Torned The Bullet

Torned The Bullet Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Great job!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hi @mape, just a small question about the flags additions to the API:

Code:
    Added driverInfo.scoreInfo.flagInfo: {black:"int", blue:"int", yellow:"int"}
    For a yellow flag, is it assigned to the driver causing the yellow flags, or is it all drivers in a yellow flag zone? Also what are the possible values returned? 0 no flag and 1 for a flag?

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  20. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    All drivers in yellow zone, and flag values are 0 = no flag, 1 = flag

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1