Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Jens

Jens New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    the second picture look like a C64 racing game ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Its fair to say Chris Haye loves the 488GT3.

Its also fair to say I love the representation of the Hungaroring. the loveliest incarnation of it I have ever driven on in any sim.

VR finally has lock-to horizon, like Raceroom recently added, it can be tuned on scales instead of just being switched on and off.

I have stable and constant 45 fps in VR, with full field, bad weather, graphics options mixed from medium to high settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I like how different each car handles. Amazing. Never felt something like that in any other sim.

Two TCs in the 488 as great. Acc is really one the way to take the pole position in GT3 racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I may be misinterpreting this, but are you saying all other sims the cars all feel the same?

Anyway, I may have to have another look at ACC, seems to be coming on quite nicely.

5. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    He probbably did not mean it this extreme as you put it into words. But if taking Raceroom'S GT3 cars from lets say 18 months ago, before Alex did his magic on them, and AC'S GT3 cars, the GT3 cars in ASC felt more different from each other, had a greater range vor variation, then the cars in raceroom, whcih felt more narrow in vriation range, were not that much different form each other.

The four cars in ACC so far indeed feel very individual and have their own characteristics. I think the videos by Christ Haye in which he characterises them all individually, one per video, do them almost perfect justice. He is right on target with his remarks and observations.

Since Alex came to S3, the cars in Raceroom have started to spread a good bit more in their indivodual feel. Still, I think in these regards AC still edges RR out, and ACC is probably superior to any other title with GT3 offerings out there currently, in this regard. Also, the cockpit immersion, visually and accoustically, is second to none. The sounds have made a ral tremedous leap forward from AC to ACC, are better than Raceroom, and offer far more detailed system effects. If they continue with the other cars like with these four so far, we indeed have a new reference for GT3 car simulation: the title gets handed over from Raceroom to Competizione then.

Which should not be a surprise for anyone. Its no nobody doing ACC, and they have severla years of experience and technology to their advantage, since Raceroom by now starts to be an old game. I think its just the natural outcome when comapring the old - RR - to the latest newcomer - ACC. They are over half a decade apart! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I’m really enjoying the ffb right now. Feels realistic but provides enough to communicate but not too much. The cars and tracks are such amazing quality.

The real question is can they optimize this graphics engine.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    That is the million dollar question..

8. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    could not agree more mike. tried build 4.1 last night and could not stop playing. All the cars are much better now and you really do get a great feeling through the forcefeedback. Another thing I really like as a single screen player is the in car view you can choose, not the cockpit view but the second one still in car (What is it called?). I wish I could achieve a similar view in RRE as I have to use the view with just the front tip of the bonnet showing. With RRE the incar view is to enclosed but kunos are really onto something with this large cockpit view for single screen players.
    With the graphics I am pleased really, I have a GTX970, 16gb 1600mhz ram and a 4690K not clocked. Hotlapping I get 100 plus FPS with most things on Epic except shadows.. And the setting (not FXAA) is very good but I have noticed the clouds flicker or just appear suddenly out of no where. :)
    Edit- I notice the Bentley is right hand drive will we be able to switch between left and right hand drive in the full game?
    Regards

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  9. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK there is a second gen Bentley in the pits. Dont know if left or right handed

Did just a couple of quali laps at the ring in the Ferrari.
    Only one word: amazing

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The cockpit view showing the dashboard in large is coming from AC's move to adress demands by players who build home cockpits, it is meant to fit into the hardware environment better. There is a third cockpit perspective with helmet camera.

Aris some days ago in some thread said that more optimizations will come, later. Already 0.4 brought s significant frame boost for many players, I read. My frames in VR stayed solid all the time.

A Bentley with left-seat-control will come if the Blancpain series had a team with left-seated Bentleys. If there was none, there most likely will come none in the sim. However, Eisprinzessin is right, a newer generation Bentley is coming as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yes that's the one skybird, the large dashboard view and changing the fov/hight/distance easily is great for me. I wonder how hard it would be to get that view in raceroom? It really makes me feel in the car but at the same time can see plenty of the track.
    Regards

12. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Just move the seat and disable virtual wheel/driver arms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Only ever use wheel animation to check rotation settings, never have wheel or driver animations while racing, i can see my own arms, hands and wheel between my eyes and my screen.

14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I used virtual wheel and arms even when still using single screen, I overlooked my own hardware wheel and own arms instead. In VR, virtual wheels obviously are the better option to use than having no wheel in interior at all. The helmet camera in AC only makes little sense in VR, since the googles already provide you with a limited tunnel view with black rims to your viewing field, they also suffer from clpping in VR, have holes in the helmet foam. So in VR: wheel yes, helmet no.

Did a lot of driving in various rain conditions today. Incredible how they have modelled that in principle - and then varied it believably in FFB and car behaviour. Marvellous. The heavier the rain, the more tircky it gets to surf over the kerbs, or dive throiugh luddles, and there is a good dose of unpredictability as well. You better avoid kerbs and puddles completely in heavy rain and thunderstorm. I did not expect that I would appreciate a weather option this immensely, before it was ranked pretty low on my priority list.

15. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    VR user askes:

Question: Is it possible to set the HUD constantly off?

Every time i enter the car i have to press F2 five times....

And: Why i have the big big letters which are goint with my head and small fixed letters? How i desable the big ones?

16. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andy, just started messing messing about with rre view settings to try and achieve the same view as acc and it's going well especially with the new options, so Ty. Does anyone know if the view settings are saved per car or globally, with fov at 0.7 what would that be in acc?
    Regards

17. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to change world scale, like in R3E? In the Ferrari my hands are bloody massive.

18. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Settings are saved per car in RR, AC and even per view in ACC.

FoV 0,7 = 41 in ACC

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Refuses to save my FOV and has done since release one. :rolleyes:
    Can't say I'm convinced on the visuals yet either, some things look great, others not so, strange one, feels like the colour needs knocking back (which it does imo) but lower the saturation (which I do) and it still either lacks or more likely, adds some fake looking textures. Can't put my finger on it but to me, it's not right yet.