Preview 19.12.2018 - Sound Teaser

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Dec 18, 2018.

1. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    There is a competition running atm for group 5 cars, so no new physics for group 5 this patch.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
  3. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Porsche ''Moby Dick'' Jägermeister :cool::cool::cool:....
    final.jpg :D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Ha Ha Ha Ha, nowt personal chap, just using (flamboyantly and embellished for context admittedly) a random post as an example and it was your lucky day!

Listened to the teaser several times and all I can glean is that it is most definitely a car, I'd need to be stood a tad higher, so my ears are above the wall, it's blocking my view.
    Now back in the day I could hear the whine of plod, in an Avenger from over a mile away but years of concerts & festivals have taken their toll and the old lugs, though still providing reasonable acoustics for my brain to unscramble, I believe the connection has lengthened, providing; what I like to call natural reverb. Unfortunately their is also a prick constantly ringing a bell which can hinder quiet sounds, fortunately flat sixes ain't quiet and we get to play with 1, 2 or 3 on the morrow. Be nice if their was a new track to blatt around, to go with 'em. At least my Christmas is now sorted, do hope their's an oldie coming, something S3 let @Anthony Monteil loose to create a cackling, fire spitting beast.

While I'm at it, I still haven't got my yellow Audi GTO livery I paid good money for @J-F Chardon. Did message you when you originally asked for people to contact you, if it was missing, forgot all about it, noticed it was still missing when I was picking up some new liveries earlier tonight. What's the story then?

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Think this just confirms that the G5's will not be in this patch, as that competition is already running, can't see them changing physics in the middle of one, well always been that way in the past.

6. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I didn't have the opportunity to mention it before, but the 911 GT1 sound is already in the game and it's used on the Ruf CTR3 ;)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    haha OK! Please replace it with the graphic model of 911GT1.:D:D:D
    If it is 956/962, it is very wonderful.
    Detective : hope = 3 : 7

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    My memory might betray me, but the 962 sounded quite differently, when I heard it life at the Spa Classics. I'll stick with my 934 guess instead.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    german Wikipedia delivers the answer:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_934#1985_und_1986_–_Die_letzten_Einsätze_in_der_IMSA-GT-Serie

google translate:
    At the latest with the admission of group C race cars like the Porsche 962 starting from 1985 in the GTP-class of the IMSA GT-Serie was the approximately ten years old Porsche 934 - also as group 5-version - technically obsolete. However, a few teams continued to race in their Group 4 cars in the GTO class, whose races were separate from the GTP. The best result with a 934 reached 1986 Chester Vincentz, who finished second overall in the race of Road Atlanta.

Porsche 934 "boped" to GTO Classic Cars ^^

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    There can be several solutions. The least one would be a 934 boped to GTO as the difference would be to big compared to the cars that are in that class now - there would have been better solutions like the 961.
    More realistic could be the 934/5. It was a modified Version of the 934 to fit in Group5. It was a Kit sold to customers of the 934 gr4 who want to use that car after the Gr4-Rules were changed.
    Another one could be a new Group4-Class in Raceroom. Adding the BMW M1 together with the 934. Die BMW M1 was build as a Group4-Car but in the year in which BMW would race that car in Gr4 the FIA had changed the rules for that class. So BMW ended up with the M! Procar-Series...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  11. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Hi Anthony,
    Why did you use the GT1 sound for the CTR3 and which GT1 car is it? 96 version, 98 one? Is that something you can tell us?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  12. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    The Ruf CTR3 is a fictional race car, therefore we had a total freedom for its sound. As the Porsche GT1 is the closest thing of the original concept, it was logical to assign it this sound.
    As for the version, it's the 1996 one ;)

• Like Like x 3
  13. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!

A car which is rather rare in todays Sim-Racing titles.
    I found 2 interesting documentaries about the GT1'96. Unfortunately it's in German but very interesting to see. It's always a pleasure to see Striezel Stuck :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    thx for sharing. Glad I learned German at school back in the early 80's. Great movies to watch during this holiday season.

• Like Like x 1