Released 19th December 2018 - Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Dec 19, 2018.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    "AI selector"

Thank you. Just thank you. Exactly how I wanted it to be.

Merry Christmas.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You only see the cars in your own class in the standings.

3. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I was just about to post that as great as the single player AI selector is, it only accentuates the issues with Raceroom only showing us the cars from the same class in the timing. It was annoying in multiplayer and it is doubly so in single player. Please, if it's at all possible, give us the option to also show cars from the other classes (perhaps using a different color?). If not for other reasons like being aware of cars in front or behind, then at least for the fact that seeing the overall position compared to all other classes involved, not just within your own class, is part of the fun of running a single player multiclass race against the AI.

And you also can't position yourself anywhere on the grid in the multiclass due to this, it only counts your position within the class. So you can't "sandbag" yourself at the end of the field for example, unless you're driving the slowest car class.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  4. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    After trying multiclass for almost two hours in Nordschleife and speding about 30 minutes test driving the new Porsche, I have to say that I enjoyed this update so much that I went ahead and bought some VRP (7500) for the first time in almost 2 years :)

The menu for AI/multiclass selection is much better han I expected and the AI behaviour is top class.
    The new Porsche is amazing as well. I was hoping for 962 (Group C please!) but this is almost as good. Quite a handfull to drive, but I enjoyed my time trying to tame this beast (not quite there yet).

Great work guys! :)

Now I'll wait for flatsposts, pressures and dynamic track before buying more VRP. Got to use my money to reward feature development you know :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    ...and you can save the AI selection as a preset....brilliant!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Leigh

Leigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I swear I nearly shed a tear when I saw that I was able to race multiclass around Bathurst with a grid full of cars that looks uncannily like that of a Bathurst 12-hour race. :D It's a literal and figurative game-changer and I am so flippin grateful to everyone who made this happen for us. :)

I did get to wondering though how the adaptive AI feature will work in multiclass? I imagine that I can still "train" the AI my own class, but what about other classes? Will they be affected by my lap-times? Should I start using the static values (don't know what to call them) perhaps? That is, adaptive function for single-class races and static values for multiclass.

• Like Like x 1
  7. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    To reiterate every ones comments. Fantastic update ,we love you guys.
    Have happy ,safe and enjoyable holidays.
    Raceroom is the best !!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Exactly these questions were raised during the fun stream with 'marketing man ;)' Georg yesterday. He did not confirm this 100% for next patch but it is clearly 'work in progress'. This update is already a nice Christmas gift and more to come in 2019. Good times for us!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I'm not complaining about the update at all, don't get me wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Two more Porsche are coming early 2019, so the 962 still have a chance among the hundreds of Porsche racing models :D

• Like Like x 8
  11. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    The Ford Capri RS 3100 and the BMW CSL were definitely racing in Group 4 (or equivalent classes), but that was a few years before the 934 ;)

13. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    In AAI, player's class data will store as usual, and all other classes will store their AI data.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Leigh

Leigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Awesome! Thanks Robert! :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    You're right, just as the Ferrari Daytona and the De Tomaso Pantera, but it was before 1976 and the new Group 1 to 6 categories. During the 1976-1981 period, only the BMW M1 and the Porsche 924 Carrera GTR raced against the 934 (espescially at Le Mans), and also some old 911 Carrera RS or RSR.

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I'm banking on it being a given with what @Alex Hodgkinson has on his CV. ;)

17. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The Capri and CSL were touring cars and raced in Group 2. Group 4 was for GTs. Group 2 cars did race in the same races as Group 4 cars (e.g Le Mans and the Nurburgring 1000 km). Some 70s series also allowed Group 2 cars to race directly against Group 4 cars such as the DRM (predecessor to the DTM) and IMSA.

The CSL also raced in Group 5 in 1976 competing against the 935.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, this is pretty much what I meant earlier, DRM mixed some cars from different groups-classes but with equal performances. ;)
    And this adds to the confusion because they created two classes , Div.I et Div.II, for Group 4 and Group 2 cars, but most of them were competitive between each others.

The 1974 Capri RS 3100 though was actually registered as Group 4, and the goal was to compete with the 3.0 RSR and BMW CSL in the corresponding classes : http://tech-racingcars.wikidot.com/ford-capri-mk-i-rs3100
    But you're right when you say that it was a touring car more than a GT.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  19. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Been looking it up on Wikipedia. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_4_(racing)

What... A... Mess... It seems they changed groups and specs almost every year since end ‘60s ‘till mid ‘80s :fearscream:.

Everything between GT’s and Sport Cars could be exchangeable it seems :fearscream:.

20. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    You summed it up very well Patrick :D

• Funny Funny x 1