Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    You could use the Key assignments to turn "Free look" Camera on.
    This enables looking around with your Mouse, or tracking Hardware.

You could also use the Key assignment to turn "Free Flight Camera" on.
    This enables flying around with the Camera manually, but needs some other Key assignments to control the movement.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Something else that would be nice is the ability to pick the field for the championship season. I was attempting a GT3 class championship as I have the McLaren that comes with the starter pack.

It gets rather annoying when you're in a race and come upon one of the blanks in the class, you know, a plain black Corvette or orange McLaren that has no livery or number. You just wanna scream "Hey civilian, get off this track! It's for professionals! Go street race somewhere else kiddo!"

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Another small improvement I would like.... When adding AI into single player sessions it would be handy to have the number of available unique livery's displayed so that races don't have duplicate cars in them. EG if you run a grid of 26 cars in wtcc17 there will be 10 duplicates. The number could be displayed as a different colour in the scroll list.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I would like the ability to change car/steering settings without having to exit to the homescreen and fully reload the race again.

Example:
    Fully load race -> change FFB multiplier for the car -> start race
    If I then realize I want to change the FFB multiplier again, I need to fully quit the race, go back to the homescreen, restart the race and wait for it to fully load, to only then have the chance to edit the FFB multiplier.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You can change the ffb multiplier from the car setup menu while in a race "weekend"

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok, not sure why that would be a requirement though, one it's set up for a car it's done surely? Everyone has different needs I suppose

7. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Correct. I don't do full weekends, championships, or qualifying. I normally just hop in for a quick race, then let a friend get a quick race, etc.

I don't see why I can't change things like FFB multiplier and steering ratio without fully exiting to the main portal. I don't even mind restarting the race for the changes to take hold. I thought "return to garage" would allow this: I'm retiring from the race to make changes and give it another go...but that does nothing.

Not at all. RaceRoom has updates and so does my Accuforce/SimCommander, so the FFB and physics are always evolving. I can alt-tab out to SimCommander to make unlimited changes to SimVibe, Accuforce, and the motion rig, but I can only make changes to the car I'm driving for the session at the beginning, no ability to adjust.

8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok. I don't really have an answer to that. I don't see why anyone would start a race without getting even the basic settings sorted. Even a couple of laps in a practice session beforehand would be enough then just skip straight to the race.

9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Dont know if it possible but it would be nice to have an option, that raceroom chooses the right start option (rolling start / standing start) as default individual for each class. For example: if i choose DTM 2016 i have as default a standing start, for ADAC Masters i have as default a rolling start, for WTCR a standing start and so on.... Maybe as an menu option "Authentic start" yes/no

Also nice would be an option, that cars with an sequential stick shifter (not paddles) would use the sequential stick as default, if one is defined in options - like it is realised for H-pattern shifters. So if i choose for example GT1 or WTCC and have a sequential stick defined in Options, the Sim uses only the stick for shifiting. Now i use joy2key but ...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I like that idea, on race07 you could either use the real life settings eg wtcc, or go custom. Also it would be nice to have the championship files already set up for content that we have. GT masters, DTM, wtcc etc.

Regarding the shifting I have 3 profiles set up so I can't "cheat" mid race, paddles aren't even mapped on sequential cars for example. It does require a quick change of settings before a session though, obviously.

11. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    add mouse movement smoothing to mouse in replay mode so i can take some shots by hands (works great in team fortress 2 :>)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I'd really like to have an unneutered version of Skyline R32 GrA in the game. The current version is BOBed down to DTM92-level, which it never raced (ie. never was so slow). Shouldn't be too much work.

13. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Actually, they did race in such a configuration, see here. Unrestricted would be great, but the problem is what could they race against?

• Like Like x 1
  14. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Why always the need for other makes, is my question? There would still be the BoBed version available, I'd imagine.

No time to check it atm, but most of the cars you provided in the link were from N-class.

15. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Oh, and it could race against Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth.;) Now there's a car it could be BOBed to.

E: and I mean GrA-version, not DTM!

16. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I have an idea! ...
    But I will publish it in parts!
    In order not to steal ...

17. Leigh

Leigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Idea for Single-player Multiclass Game Mode for Raceroom 2020 and beyond - Final Stint.

In one of his videos, @Georg Ortner made mention of the fact that it sometimes takes quite a lot of time before you’ll meet traffic when racing in multiclass on tracks like the Nordschleife. As he demonstrated, using the “Practice” option instead of “Race” means that you can just wait for a few minutes for a bunch of cars to get out on track and then head out and immediately get amongst it. That left me wondering if it’s possible to begin proceedings with a race already underway. If it’s possible (either now or in the future), races might be a bit more like the practice sessions but the player also gets the satisfaction of completing an actual race.

Imagine, if you will, the player loads up and can spend as much times as they need in the menus doing their usual car setup stuff, and also get to grips with where their car currently is on track – in relation to other cars and classes, etc, etc. The player’s vehicle will never be far away from coming into the pits so that the driver swap can happen fairly quickly once the player is ready. You could have an animation of the drivers doing a swap and then the player takes control. Perhaps the player can set how long the final stint will last (laps or time-based), or perhaps what position their car will be in when it enters the pits. Then they can finish the last part of the race with all the joys and headaches multiclass traffic can bring.

Just a thought.

18. olikre

olikre New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    In addition to this, it would be nice to set up 3 different starting groups. Like in real life.
    This spreads up the traffic already before the start.
    When the GT3s are on the start finish line, the 2nd group could be at the beginning of the Döttinger Höhe. The 3rd group could start at Pflanzgarten.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Leigh

Leigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Exactly. That's precisely what I was trying to communicate. May have failed a bit...

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Some things to add in a (not so :D) near future:
    # Ability to change drivers in endurance races.
    # Possibility to have "personnal" skins, like it is in all sims.
    # Day/night cycle.Would be great in endurance races...;)
    # Tyres physics.
    # Sparkles, when bottoming.
    To be continued..... :)

• Like Like x 1