Resolved Making Fanatec Mclaren/F1 LE work (encoders etc) - solution

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ndwthx1138, Dec 23, 2018.

1. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    So spent a little time today - with the beta version of joy2key and using Fanatec’s latest firmware you can get all the keys to function (video below).

The Mclaren wheel just has the encoders that don’t function, the limited f1 wheel is literally missing 35 functions of the 67 functions the wheel has.

If you download the latest beta of joy2key - You can then add your wheel and tell it you have 67 buttons.

Download/install the latest firmware for the latest wheels. There is a new option in the wheel menu (last one) - select "INC"

As an example -
    Now in Raceroom simply
    map traction control next step to "]"
    map traction control previous to "["

Now in joy2key swivel the encoder in both directions to reveal which 2 buttons you will map. Mine were 53-54. Then map "]" to button 54 and "[" to button 53

Now in game you are set - as long as you start with the encoder on 1 it will work perfectly. Otherwise it just functions as a +\-

This works for the up down switches (which only half functioned on both my mclaren and the f1), the thumb rotary switches etc. I even have master volume and spotter volume mapped now.

This isn't a great solution, but it's literally the only sim I own that doesn't allow for the encoders or a wheel with more than 32 buttons.

- showing the encoders mapped to traction control and brake bias

UPDATED - Fanatec at this time did not update the mcalren wheel's encoders option. Just the F1 wheels best I can tell. So although you can get raceroom (and AC) to recognize the buttons it will not work for traction control, brake bias - anything of that nature.. You do get 24 new buttons but not very useful.

Nathan

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  2. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Dose this fix mean you can only go on one direction 1-4 but not in reverse 4-1?

3. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Sorry just watched the video again. Can you elaborate more on how to set this up?

4. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    No, you can go in both directions as seen in the video above.

I’m not sure how I can elaborate more for ya. What are you missing?

5. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Download/install the latest firmware for the latest wheels. There is a new option in the wheel menu (lastone) - select "INC"

I have the new firmware for the wheel but I am not seeing the above mentioned "INC". In the joytokey app none of the buttons on my wheel are recognized, I am missing a step somewhere .

6. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    New
    Trying to get this to work on the Mclaren rim first as my F1 rim will not be her til Thursday, is this not an option for the Mclaren and only for the F1?

7. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    On the Fanatec properties page what should the Multi Position Switch be set as? Active 12, Active 11 (position 1 off) or Deactivated?

8. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Next question, what firmware version are you running and do you have your pedals plugged in through the wheel on PC direct?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  9. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    So in the tuning menu on the wheel - there is a new last option - I’m not at home but I think it’s called MPS FNC
    This has 4 selectable designations The one you want for Raceroom and AC is INC. I think it’s AUTO, INC, PULSE, CONST

This only appeared for me with the new firmware after installing the new f1 wheel.

I have the Mclaren Wheel - I will try that later today to make sure it’s the same. I hope fanatec didn’t neglect this on the Mclaren wheel post the firmware.

10. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I’m using HPP pedals - so directly to the PC.

11. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    So Fanatec did not update the mclaren wheel - It only has pulse and constant - so the encoders are only gonna work with iracing and ACC - This feels like a poor over-sight . I will send a message to the fanatec forum on here. See if we can get them to update the wheels firmware so it's useable in AC and RaceRoom

NathanW

• Like Like x 3
  12. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Ok, felt like I was incompetent for a moment there. I was seen the gas and break activating the same button in the app that the rotary buttons were and couldn't find INC to save me.