Resolved Stuttering and shadow flickering with my brand new Ryzen7 and 1080ti

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by jf.tournier, Dec 23, 2018.

1. jf.tournier

jf.tournier New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I am encountering some issues with my new PC. I received it this week, i have bought it for RR and It's making me mad.

There is in fact two problems : there is a part of cars shadows which are flickering every time. Even if I set it up on High, or Medium, or Low.I don't remember there was that on my previous PC.

Other problem : mirrors. When it's activated, it's just disgusting to play because of crazy stuttering I suffer. On a big track, like Nordschleife 24h, it is quite impossible to activate mirrors with more than 35 AI on the track.

I don't know how to solve this... I had a big problem with my previous machine, and I changed it for this one. Some people explained me I have made a bad choice with this Ryzen processor, and think that it's worst than my two years i7 6700k. For them, that's the reason of my problems. But on BF1 or Assetto Corsa, all is maxed and it runs fine... I don't understand, help me, please.

PS : I play with one screen. It's a gSync screen.

2. Tex-Rec

Tex-Rec Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Also i moved to ryzen 2700x with my EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 and used the G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz rams for this build.
    When i first tryed Race Room , i did not was able to get it running like it should runn , till i noticed that my Ram in Bios was sett by default to only 2333MHz , since i used to Ram Profile to use them at its default speed , also 3200MHz , the Rig becomes a beast. Now i play the game on apsolutelly maxed out and 4K , and can even stream to twitch @ 1080p 60 FPS with no problems at all.

About the shadows flickeriing , i gues you mean the shadows from cars right under them , when the disapers in some disatnces , well this is a little old engine and it will be there even maxed out the game. Ive heard someone get solved this by using nVidia inspector ( usefull if you have a nvidia chip card ) and done it trough some antialiasing setting there , but ive did not tryed it , did not anoying me that much.

Nordschleife with 90 Cars is funn to drive , even n9ow with Multiclass

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. jf.tournier

jf.tournier New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I will check it when i come come back home

My RAM is the same as yours but in 2933 Mhz.

4. jf.tournier

jf.tournier New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Oh F*** !! It's set on 2133 mHz !! :mad::mad::mad:

5. Tex-Rec

Tex-Rec Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    On YouTube you have a fev videos for an example how you turn ON the Ram profile , so its used after that correct speed and CL Timining , im sure now your just stuck on the same as everyone with High speed ram , that simply gets wronf speed by default , now i dont know what one you using and what your motherboard is , but for example Ryzen and Ram Speed metters alot together

Just look in BIOS for some D.O.C.P settings , in there should be a list for your current ram , and then simply chose the one your rams should work on , if you have an 3200 MHz ram , then chose the profile where its say : 3200MHz , nothing complicated there.

Take a loock here:

6. jf.tournier

jf.tournier New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It was that !!

Thank you, bro !!

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. Tex-Rec

Tex-Rec Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    No problem mate , glad you solved it. Just in future take care about the ram speed , Ryzen loves high speed ram , the faster you have them , the CPU will preform better. of course it depens of games you playing too , but usually if you runn you ram at it's full speed , without any extra Clock , your safe and fine to enyoj now your new rig as it should be ;)

8. jf.tournier

jf.tournier New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    When i ve ordered this machine, they only have 2933 mHz RAM... I was not able to wait January 15 to have 3200 mHz... But maybe i will replace it.

9. Tex-Rec

Tex-Rec Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    3200 MHz is good to have , but if your Ryzen running on a 470x Motherboard , othervise it would not make a huge difference. Special if you have a 2700x CPU , the 470x Chipset motherboard will deliver you a huge better preformance instead of the B450 if im not wrong now with the B450

10. jf.tournier

jf.tournier New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have a B450-F.

11. Tex-Rec

Tex-Rec Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    B450 Boards working best with the 1000 Ryzen CPU's , 470x witzh the 2000 serries.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Just bought a Ryzen7 2700X + Gigabyte B450 Gaming Carbon AC + 16GB 3200 Ram
    Stock Prism cooler OC'd @ 4.25Ghz

No problems, stable and fast, Cinebench 15 points higher then a friend with a MSI 470x board on same settings

13. Tex-Rec

Tex-Rec Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So what is your Cinebench 15 Rezult with this Build at it's stock clock speed without any overclocking ?

14. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  15. Tex-Rec

Tex-Rec Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Stock or with your OC'd @ 4.25Ghz ? If this is with your OC's then your tottally under the normall score.

Normally peoples reaching around 1680 - 1760 with an Ryzen 2700x and a 470x Chip Board with stock speed @ 3,7

And thats what i mean , The Ryzen Second generation preforms better on the 470x Chips MB's instead on the B450

But who cares about Bench numbers , if its runns your games fine , we dont care. Right ?
    jf.tournier had the problem , but it was a smeell to me like a low ram profile , and it ended up it was a low ram profile.

Problem Solved !

16. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    So my answer was without the OC, stock setting.
    With OC i get 1849

And yeah RAM speed is more important to the speed of a Ryzen then the clock of the cpu itself

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tex-Rec

Tex-Rec Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Then its okey , they definatelly done it by Updating the Bios on the B450

18. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I think i got your point now, your talking about the 350/370X
    These needed a Bios update to be able to operate the Ryzen 2 series.
    The B450 was able to deal em out of the box, that chipset was made for the series 2 to get a entry level Chipset/Mainboard.

19. Sebastien Brunier

Sebastien Brunier Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    If you go single GPU, B450 is exactly the same performance than X470.
    Difference is PCIe lanes available and few USB ports.
    With PBO all auto 1875 CB, manually setting an OC @4.25 1930CB with Asus B450-i