Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    So current tyres work without physics?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Brototype

Brototype Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    S3 studios, thank you so much for the most important tools for singleplayer endurance racing!
    Now what about a mid session save and / or a driver swap with the AI function? :)

3. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I requested this in a separate thread ages ago but I feel it's time to try again. It's to do with realistic damper values in the setup screen instead of the roman numeral values. In rfactor/gtr etc etc there was always the option in the PLR file for it.

Hi,
    In rFactor there has always been the option to switch from roman numeral values in the setup screen (i.e. 1, 2, 3 etc) to the real-world values (in N/M/S). In rFactor 2 you do this by editing the "Damper Units":true, line in the player.json file. I much prefer this approach for proper setup work. I was hoping it would still be there because Raceroom is a development of the ISI motor engine. However the PLR file is protected and I can't see the value.

If not is it possible this could be added? The roman numeral values mean nothing to me and I can never tell what proportion of bump/rebound I have.

Thanks. :p
    Pretty please.
    Anyone agree with me on this?
    :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    When I see videos of racing teams setting up their cars (bike), I hear them always speaking of "clicks"...
    So I believe there is no really a unit, which is practically used in the real world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    But what is a 'click'? The problem I have is there is no way of knowing if one value, say bump, is higher or lower than the other one. In Assetto Corsa I've noticed I can have bump set to 1 and rebound set to 2 but when I look in the engineer app rebound is actually a lower value. Therefore they are not proportional values. It would just take out some of the guess work and if we had it before I don't see why we can't have it now. :)

However what would be nice is if a dev could actually confirm that setting rebound higher in the setup screen always means it's higher in real terms. And that means across all cars. That would set my mind at rest. If someone could confirm that I wouldn't need the option. :)

6. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    That isn't how the relationship between bump and rebound works. Rebound is usually higher than bump damping, and the adjustment ranges of bump and rebound are quite different. So typically, if you set bump to 1 and rebound to 1, the rebound rate is 25% higher. Then, if you go full up with say 16 16 - or whatever the maximum allowed is - rebound rate may then be 50% higher than bump.

The point therefore is that bump and rebound perform different jobs and therefore are usually quite different. We could put the numbers in game, but unlike spring rates it's highly unusual to deal in those values. Every race team I've had dealings with talks in clicks and not n/mm or damper coefficients.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I'm just here to ask for a dirt build up layer on the cars and windscreens (like race07) and working wipers to go with them. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    I want clean windscreens :D They are dirty on some cars :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    While dirt up is cool, you don't want to use the wipers with the sort of dirt that you pick up off a racetrack unless you like smears over your windshield. There a reason that cars have those tear-offs.

10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Whatever, same thing, just use really strong detergent, the stuff that ends the planet within weeks.

11. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    All - Happy New Year! Relax Christmas ...
    [​IMG]

12. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but that's really the point I'm making - there is nothing in-game that tells me how much higher the rebound setting is. If I set 4/4 I might assume they are equal because there is nothing to tell me otherwise. If we had the option for the realistic values we could actually see it.

However, thanks for confirming that the values are not proportional. :)

13. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    1. I really want more variety of datastreams to be used by i.e. Motec or similar tools like as Z1 Analyzer.
    I.e.:
    * Rideheight
    * Suspension
    * Dampeners
    * Carcass tyre temperatures
    * and so on.

2. More settings for car-setup:
    * I.e. tire pressure. :rolleyes:

3. More direct commands for the pit-crew, which plugins, or direct from keyboard/gamebuttons, may have access to. I.e.:
    * Plugin support to set/retrieve data, i.e. fuel amount controlled by voiceattack.
    * Keyboard/joystick support to directly set data such as what type of pitstop to use (instead of sitting and scrolling through menus while battling an other car on the racetrack) such as change tires, fill fuel, do not fix aerodamage, do nothing (drivethrough/stop&go) and other important variables to communicated with the pitcrew.

4. Using AI with multiplayer, and support for a Linux server.

5. And last and most important, ranking system to get rid of ramming users in multiplayer, though SRS does a great job with that, but the community currently seems to be quite scattered right now so there is not so much players around.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Regarding point 3. If you use crew chief app you can get him to do most of this already, tell home how much fuel to put in etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
  16. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    @ravey1981
    Problem is that Crewchiefs voice-recognition does not recognize me as good as Voiceattack. As I understand it they use different engines, and I am not sure how to train Crewchiefs voice recognition to my voice...

17. dav_0075

dav_0075 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Après 540 heures de jeu à la salle de course,… voilà qu'il manque selon moi pour devenir La référence incontournable des simulations automobiles.
    1 Développer le jeu en ligne:

Le rendre plus clair. Plus accessible Plus fonctionnel

Serveur officiel 3 organisant des parcours en ligne par niveau, (sprint / endurance) chaque semaine, dans les différentes catégories existantes.

IA multijoueur en ligne.

+ Possibilité de créer ses propres cours en local (privé, hors ligne / ou en ligne)

système de classement basé sur le fair-play et le comportement de conduite.

2 Nouveau moteur graphique:

Météo dynamique + Gestion du temps

route dynamique adhérence évolutive

La physique des pneus

Le physique de certaines voitures

Le jeu hors ligne
    3 Contenu:
    Compléter les séries phares: En priorité GTR3, GTR4, DTM,
    Ensuite GTR1, GTR 2, GTO, Hill Climb Masters, GTR 4
    ----- Acquisition de licence importante: Ferrari, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, ----

Nouveau contenu:
    FIA GT 1997-1998 (Porsche GT1 EVO, Mercedes CLK GTR LM, MC Laren GTR longue queue, PANOZ…)
    Groupe C

Nouvelle licence officielle: Super GT 500 et GT 300

Partenariat avec le WEC ou IMSA

P1 à revoir = Attendre le WEC HYPER CAR 2020/2021
    P2 à revoir = LMP 900 (Prototype Le Mans ) année 1999-2000

Circuits laséscanisés indispensables

- Circuit du Mans de la Sarthe

- Speedway international de Daytona

- Sebring International Raceway

- Route Atlanta

- Watkins Glen

- Monaco

Autres circuits:

- Fuji

- Sugo

- Interlagos

- + plus de circuits Brands Hatch gp, Barcelone etc…

4 animations:

- Position affichée sur le pare-brise

[​IMG]

- Equipe de ravitaillement

- Changement de pilote

- Tour de formation / Tour de décélération.

- podium

- améliorer les menus du jeu

- Améliorer la visibilité et la reconnaissance du jeu aux États-Unis et JAPON (gros marché)

- Opération Publicitaire avec les pilotes connus (wtcr, dtm etc…)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. RotcivHP

RotcivHP New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    An option to choose grid position

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. RotcivHP

RotcivHP New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :oops: oops, really? sorry. Thank you Nico

20. LNRace

LNRace Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'd really like to see a lot more options for the car setup. Especially tyre pressures, they shouldn't be missing in a sim.

• Agree Agree x 1