Is this the new Logitech wheel?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Skybird, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Could this be it...?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/is-this-the-new-ps4-logitech-g29-racing-wheel#disqus_thread

I know that Logitech has pulled out of peripherals production, but the G27 is in hiugh demand due to its killing buck-bang ratio. They would be shooting their own feet off if even abandoning such evergreens from their selling card.

One wonders however whether this wheel ^ would see compatability with PC as well.

Considering the lousiness of Logitech's Profiler software (which gives me and many others trouble currently once again after R3E's latest 10 GB update...), new software for PC would be in demand as well.

2. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
  3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Would actually make no sense as the technology/compatibility is already there (DFGT= PS3 /PC) except they want to plunder
    PC Users so they still have to buy a G27...:rolleyes:. The predecessor of the DFGT btw (Driving Force Pro) was mainly advertised for PS use but was compatible with PC as well....

4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    PS only - it's okay as long as LT keeps on producing the G27 for PC. If my G27 ever breaks, I want to be able to replace it with something of that bang-buck-ratio. The other wheels that often get mentioned, for several hundreds of bucks, simply are too expensive for me - I could afford them, but it simply is not worth their steep price tags to me. No way I would sink 500 bucks into a wheel, not to mention pedals and shifter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I think it will at least be recognized as a G27 by the LG PC drivers.
    G25/27 build quality for the money is still unmatched.
    My G25 is still great after 6 years of almost daily use.(Ok i had to fix/clean the poti's 2times)

6. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Logitech G29 Official Photos & Details Leaked on Amazon.de
    [​IMG]
    From the Amazon description:

“G29 Driving Force is the definitive sim racing hardware for the latest PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC titles. Feature dual-motor force feedback and helical gearing for quiet, smooth steering. Stainless steel paddle shifters and RPM / shift indicator LEDs help you make crisp, fluid gear transitions without taking your eyes off the track.

“The separate pedal unit gives you natural, responsive control with a brake pedal nonlinear. Driving Force is built for comfort and durability with hand-stitched leather and stainless steel components. Built-in clamps and bolt points allow the wheel to be mounted securely to a table or racing rig, Minimising shifting or wobbling during aggressive maneuvers.”

Source:https://www.gtplanet.net/logitech-g29-official-photos-details-leaked-on-amazon-de/

7. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I wonder there is a clutch but no H-shifter...

8. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    will be sold separately

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    So my G27 will not be replaced..... by the G29.

10. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Not unless you want to use it on a PS4. From the sounds of it, it will use the exact same internals so there is really no upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. maciejptx

maciejptx Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    yes it is and i want it badly ;) :p

12. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
  13. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Just as I wrote on VirtualR: what an own goal with that price.

Okay, sure, first we need to find out its performance, but as you can hear in the video, this wheel based on the G27 with some modified parts. You won't get the H-shifter with it, and it's more expensive than the G27.

To be honest, I wanted to buy this G29 wheel on it's rumoured price, but now...ahh, never mind.

14. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    aaaand the G27 is much more racing like looking! I don't like the console buttons on the new ones :(

15. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Probably not the nicest, but don't forget, those buttons are really useful during racing. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    It works on a PC after all.

From the official website:
    "G29 Driving Force also works on your PC using Logitech Gaming Software."

But I guess they are not advertising it..

17. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Yes they are but i love putting all real in cockpit buttons like light, motec, drs, pit limiter on the wheel and all other stuff like box menu, pause, camera to the shifter, i like to separate it.

18. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
  19. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Yes i saw it, i don't understand the price too. But i like it much more than the g29 :)

20. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Me too! :)
    But I have the DFGT and that rotary control is a must, I have that set to brake balance and I'm so used to it :p
    It's a pity that the G920 doesn't have that

• Agree Agree x 2