Bug AI issues since last patch

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Manfredk2, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    AI has some issues since the last patch.

For example:
    Tested GT1, GT3, DTM2016 at Hockenheim GP - AI is always crashing in turn 1 after a rolling start. Some cars hit the sausage curb, spin out and hit other cars. Happens every race. Slower cars seem to be ok.

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup at Suzuka. AI seems to be not able to control the rear of the car. Got three yellow flags in first round at Suzuka - all before the u-turn. Spinning cars (1-2) at the S-curves, in turn 9 and 10. Happens every race.

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup at Sachsenring. Two or more spinning cars after turn 9/10. Same issue as Suzuka. Cars are spinning out. Happens every race.

Always running 23 AI, rolling start, AAI

Sector 3, please have a look at it. Ruins every race :-(

2018-12-30 1300 0003.jpg 2018-12-30 1310 0006.jpg 2018-12-31 1239 0001.jpg 2018-12-31 1242 0002.jpg

2. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Add turn 1 at red bull ring and Porto

3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Can confirm Portimao, Red Bull Ring seems ok - no incidents here but some slowdowns and going wide cars

Have some replays stored, if needed

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  4. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Is it just rolling starts or standing too?

5. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Standing too
    They hit the curb on the inside and either bounce off and hit other cars or roll

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    both
    reported hock issue , testing rest

Andi

7. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    great, thank you. Can confirm that issue happens on rolling and standing starts

8. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I just did 8 restarts at Red Bull Ring to test a theory

During the first start I was in second place about 2-3 car lengths behind the leading on the second lap coming into the first corner and the leader hit the curb and rolled the car. So I though I'd see if this was a reproducible event and sure as someone in my family is going to interrupt me mid race and cause me to fuck up (soz i diverge); during the next 6 restarts when I position my self behind the leader starting the second lap and EVERY time the leader hit the inside curb; so 7/7 times.

On the 7th restart I sat behind in 3rd place and observed
    The second place car tried to pass on the inside and hit the curb and rolled

On the 8th restart I sat in second position and held up the pack back about half the length of pit straight so that the first place car had a clear run into turn one with out been pressured from behind and he took it with out hitting the inside curb

Note that it made no difference what time of car hit the curb...they all rolled

So I it's obvious that under pressure they take a tighter line hitting the curb causing them to roll but whats got me curious is that even using the default setup I can't get my car to roll!

Also note that the adaptive ai maxed me out at 120 and it's only just competitive...seems like the AI is too slow at this track. I usually race around the 112-117 strength

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My adaptive AI is much lower, around max. 100. So maybe i couldnt notice the issue because the cars are slower.

Could you also do a test with Porsche 911 Cup at Suzuka and Sachsenring? Just starting from the last place and watching what the guys do...

10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    i think we sort of know why this is happening , now its just testing the variables and making sure any solution doesnt break something else , so it might take a while ...... but please keep posting in this thread as i spend most of my game time just testing ai bugs aso any extra info helps me find stuff quicker , confirm it and add it to the bug tracker

thanks gents

Andi

• Like Like x 3
  11. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Did some more testings today.
    GT3 and DTM 2016 at Imola - crash/yellow at first chicane almost every race
    GT1 and 911 GT3 Cup at Imola take mostly the first chicane with some slowdowns and white flags (seems like luck since they can catch slides) but crash somewhere on other turns. Per 10 minute race they cause roughly 5-8 yellow flags/incidents

DTM2016, GT3 at Monza - crashes at 2nd and 3rd chicane.

Most replays show that the cars are loosing the rear and cant catch the slide.

Please tell me if i should do more specific testings to support you

12. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    GT3 - Spa 106% AI, Spinning around at Eau Rouge and Esses after Kemmel Straight

• Like Like x 1
  13. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I had a couple of crashes at Bathurst ( GT3/4 35 cars), but it not seem out of place with such a large pack. (95%)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  14. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ADAC 2015 at Mid-Ohio, 4 or 5 cars spin out in a 10 Minute race after turn 8

15. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    That’s interesting how you don’t have any issues at Red Bull. Roll overs and crashes are absolutely a chronic problem for me in gt3’s and Gt4’s
    My ai strength is 120 so I wonder if that’s the variable that’s causing the difference!

I guess that actually makes sense tho, slow ai could handle hitting the curb but faster ai try to drive too fast over the curb and eith roll or bounce across the track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I have been Racing Gt3 at Paul Richard, Hockenheim and Laguna Seca with adaptive AI and I haven't Noticed a AI crashing or being more aggressive than usual and the A.I Race Pace seems Good... @ Laguna Seca some run Low 1:25.xxx maybe even a 1:24.xxx some Qualifying and Race sessions.

Has any 1 deleted the Adaptive A.I file to see if that gets things sorted??? I delete My Adaptive A.I file after Every Update

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I think you are right. GT4 at RBR has 1 or 2 roll overs at 120% every race. At lower ai levels they take the turn. GT3 (selected only newer GT3´s) and DTM2016 take the turn even on 120% - some cars only on two wheels.
    Didn´t test Paul Ricard, Laguna seems ok. DTM2016 at Hockenheim is yellow flag every race (saw a multible roll over :screamcat: of a BMW today)

18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Porsche 911 cup can't seem to get through eau rouge (it's radillion actually) at spa on the first lap. 9/10 there's a huge shunt.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. RavingLunatic01

RavingLunatic01 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Had a disaster here of a different kind this week but shifted the RR install folder via steam to a SSD drive of its own to isolate it and in doing so the AI changed completely. Once I fixed the unrelated issue I run 20 min qualify (P1 and spent 15 mins of that in pits stuffing around) 16 lap race on Bathurst and by lap 8 I was starting to lap the rear of the pack and was right behind 2nd place over the line. Had few more races and it is starting to come good now. I had to configure wheel and button boxes too so wondered if it started fresh with AI as well. After the Dec update I had the opposite happen where the AI on adaptive were mopping the floor with me however after about 6-7 races all was in order and my own lap time were consistent throughout. I find the AI in some classes once sorted behave better and put up quite a battle without too much aggression.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    a battle with out aggression is like a cake with no cherry

Andi

• Winner Winner x 1