Greenwood Corvette Sound

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gopher04, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson any chance you can look into the sound of the GR5 Corvette, it distorts so much even at low volume just sounds so horrible, the Monza has some distortion just not as bad bad as the Corvette.

2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
  3. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yep your correct, put the wrong person in:oops:...I'm sure your pass it on for me..;)

4. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I'll need to check this, but it shouldn't be distorted. Maybe something got broken :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Sounds ok for me

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    sounds like Gopher04 has blown a woofer!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• dog.jpg
      dog.jpg
      File size:
      88.8 KB
      Views:
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I just tested the Corvette in a number of situations but I couldn't detect any difference with the default sound.
    This car sounds fat, for sure, so maybe that's what you hear as distortion?
    It also can depends on your audio hardware. Are you using headphones, and if yes, can I know what model it is please? Thx ;)

8. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Funny you should say that, via 5.1 speakers it's fine, so the distortion is through the headphones which are Logitech G430's so nothing special.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  9. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I think I know what Gopher means.
    When using headphones, if you select 5.1 sound in the sound options menu instead of headphones, it does clean the cockpit sound up a bit.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  10. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    No I use 5.1 in the settings with the headphones and it distorts..

11. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    So, if I understand properly, the distortion only happens with your headphones ?

Then, I suspect some issue with your G430, but then it would happen with all the others cars aswell.
    The only thing I can think of (and this is a typical case with headphones) is that the G430 membranes broke, so the amount of low frequencies on the Corvette and Monza logically causes some audible distortion, while it's not necessarly audible with some others cars.
    My suggestion to rule out this hypothesis, is to test those cars with some others headphones, even some simple Ipod ones, preferably in stereo, and check if the distortion is still there.

12. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh its the same on another set as well, was wondering seeings as it's your thing, on the sound card software what would you use for the sample rate and how many audio channels?

13. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Sample rate should be 16 bits/44.1 KHz. Usually, the hardware should switch automatically on the right sample rate but if it doesn't it could cause this kind of distortion problem, but not only on the Corvette.
    As for the channels, if you're using 5.1 in the game settings, it should be set on 5.1 aswell in the hardware panel.

14. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    @Gopher04 Did that begin with the November patch for you and is it especially annoying, when shifting down (edit: and/or lifting the throttle)? Because I think I have a similar issue. Always blamed my speakers/hardware for it, but maybe there's another reason.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  15. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Nope it's existed for along while, I brought it up last year at some point maybe even before that, these are the only 2 cars and the only game this happen s from..When I brought it up last time is basically when it changed, they use to be fine for me.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  16. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    What kind of "Soundcard" do you have. Is there anything set in the Diver like Treble or Bass? Or specific Speaker-Profiles like Full-Range, Satellites, Headphones?

17. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh there are settings but should not need to change them, I listen to music with real low frequency bass, with no trouble, if there was a issue it would effect alot of things not 2 cars in one sim.

18. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    You could try enabling Low Frequency Protection in your Audio Properties settings. This filters out low frequencies below a threshold which can cause distortion in smaller speakers, (i.e. headphones).

Enable it in the Enhancements tab. The default is 80Hz. If that doesn't improve things try it to 90 Hz.

19. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Select the Dolby surround option in raceroom audio options, not 5.1. I had the same thing with the Corsair void head set. The thing is you need to select 5.1 or 7.1 only if your headset really is, and not simulated or you get distortion. I used Corsair void virtual surround 7.1 and Asus rog centurion true 7.1. Hope this helps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yep have tried all those settings but not one made a difference..