App R3E Reality GT - Multiplayer Broadcast Overlay

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Scout, Nov 27, 2018.

1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I did a try for myself and get oft the following issue (see pictures with twice the same name on screen)
    And i made a screenshot from the localhost:9090 where i missed the possibility to change the lay-out wich, i think, right above an option in that one wich made by nodejs

Attached Files:

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    @NL-Jos Judging based on the standings timings shown in the screenshots, it looks like you joined the session mid-race? This might explain the initial weirdness, it should sort itself out after 1/2 laps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    The next version will have a Multiclass UI on/off toggle in the broadcast controller area for all those who have asked for it ;)

Are there any other sub-elements of a widget that anyone would like the ability to toggle on/off?
    Some that have been added so far are:
    • Indent focused driver in the standings tower.
    • Qualifying results display time (seconds)
    • Race results display time (seconds)
    • Steward alert message display time (seconds)
    • Tyre Compound Image on Driver Info Widget

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  4. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I can only say to you - in secret!
    There are two of us ...

6. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    @Schlupi Found the issue and its fixed. It will come in v1.4.0 in a day or two.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    The next version will be out in a day or two, just a tiny bit of testing left to do. One of the main additions in the new version is the ability to be able to toggle between the single class and multiclass UI on the fly. This option, along with other config options are also saved, so you won't need to set these every time you start the tool, so you easily pick up where you left off.

> Video Demo

upload_2019-1-1_17-59-32.png
    upload_2019-1-1_17-59-42.png

8. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Version 1.4.0 is now available to download. A new control panel has been added to the localhost app which allows you to tweak certain elements of the UI on the fly. One of the main features is the ability to toggle between both single class and multiclass mode now. I hope you like it. Original post updated with the download link.

The control panel can be found by clicking the settings icon in the top left corner. You can then hover over the info icon for each setting to see a description of what it does.

Version 1.4.0 Changelog
    • [Feature] State the new version number available in the alert when an update is available.
    • [Bug Fix] Added reason for disqualification to the race steward alerts.
    • [Feature] Added configuration file to turn on/off UI components and set values for certain features.
    • [Feature] Added the ability to turn on/off multiclass UI components.
    • [Feature] Added the ability to turn on/off tyre compound indicators.
    • [Feature] Added the ability to change the length of time a message from the stewards shows on screen during race session.
    • [Feature] Re-enabled the option to indent the currently focused driver in the standings tower.
    • [Feature] Added the ability to define the amount of seconds before the end of qualifying to display the results on screen.
    • [Feature] Added the ability to define the amount of seconds before the continuing to the next session after a race has finished.
    • [Feature] Updated the driver info widget to keep active state on session change.
    • [Feature] Added single class default background colours to themes.
    • [Bug Fix] Fixed wrong coloring of the session info border in the mercedes theme.
    • [Feature] Small UI updates to themes with new variable definitions for some UI components.
    • [Feature] Added settings UI to the broadcaster panel.
    • [Feature] Added automatic saving/loading of config settings in the broadcaster panel.
    • [Feature] Added the ability to show/hide portal profile team names if a driver has added one.
    • [Bug Fix] Prevent the update alert showing over the game when running an old version.

upload_2019-1-2_16-27-11.png
    upload_2019-1-2_16-27-23.png
    upload_2019-1-2_16-27-46.png
    upload_2019-1-2_16-28-4.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Pales

Pales New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Holy. This is amazing. Can I use it for offline as well?

10. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    No, its currently only for Multiplayer races. :)

11. Pales

Pales New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That is unfortunate. Will it ever be possible to use offline, and if not, is that due to a limitation? Forgive me, I am new to Raceroom.

12. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Ask raceroom every day if you want:p
    There are a lot of people who wants to use this ofline

• Like Like x 1
  13. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Thankyou @Scout for on going development, :D . Great job

• Like Like x 1
  14. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Just thought I would pop in and say Awesome job. Our club uses this now and it makes watching the race afterwards an absolute pleasure. Great work.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I hope that R3E give @Scout a job inside Sector3 to build this in the replay option.
    o_O:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dave Wyatt

Dave Wyatt Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to scale down the information displays to accommodate a 1280 x 720 screen? Using the current overlays the info is a little overwhelming at that resolution. I know this is a special circumstance and would appreciate any help as this is a superior layout.

17. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hey Dave. It is something I can definitively look at in the distant future. Its been something that has been asked, particularly 4K, but its going to take quite a bit of effort to not only position every widget and sub-element dynamically, but also scale them so they are still readable at all resolutions. I'll keep it in mind.

18. Dave Wyatt

Dave Wyatt Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I can imagine the effort involved and understand time constrains. I modified the original overlays for the standings, session countdown and focused driver and it came out pretty good tho far from perfect. I only changed the size of fonts and the basic element, not overhauling position of the element. I haven't looked at your overlays yet and feel they are much more involved.

Thanks for the quick response.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    In the spectator map wich is show on the sector3 topic is shows some maps in de map raceresults where i can change some layouts. (Spectator\spectator\assets\components\widgets\raceResults)
    These are not in the one you made
    But in your version i see a map with logo's (R3E-Reality-v1.4.0\R3E-Reality-v1.4.0\assets\components\widgets\results\logos) wich are not in the version of sector 3
    I like to change the banner in the results to show your own name or logo
    With the version of sector3 i can do it but in your version i don't know how.
    Soryy again for my bad english. :p
    I hope you understand i'm trying to explain

20. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hi @NL-Jos

They are located in \assets\components\widgets\results\logos

If you are using the default base theme, you can just name your logo base.png and overwrite the one in that directory for it to show for both quali and race results. Hope it helps.

• Like Like x 1