App R3E Reality GT - Multiplayer Broadcast Overlay

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Scout, Nov 27, 2018.

1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I run into another problem that you can help me with.
    I use the Action program to record movies If I press during a pause or stop recording in between, some options disappear, such as the names of the riders at the bottom or the ranking on the left.
    And when I get recording again, the data is there again.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Not really sure on this one to be honest. It doesn't happen in OBS anyway from my testing and recording.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @Scout i just tested this great overlay, only problem i noticed was there was no gap for compare drivers, battle for p1 etc. it was always at 0.00 even after a few laps. anything i am doing wrong?

thanks for the work you are putting into this

4. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    just done another test and it worked fine, made sure i spectated before the race started this time

5. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hey Greg, was it a multiclass race with 2 drivers from 2 different classes in P1 and P2 overall by any chance? I have sneek suspicious that this might be what the problem could be if at all.

6. DC-SIMRACING.NL

DC-SIMRACING.NL Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Great job mate !
    How do we change themes?

8. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Instructions on how to change themes can be found in the readme.md file in the main folder.

9. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Not multiclass, just a wtcr race i jumped into.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    upload_2019-1-6_15-21-59.png

Added in a new theme switcher that works with the new theme system today (at last) This will allow you to change themes when inside a session. I have also made sure that the theme files are now being watched and changes to them are now regenerated live on screen for instant results - unlike the versions to date where you need to update a widgets .less file to see updates on screen..

I am also working on some new themes too and this will all be a part of the next version.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. troch22

troch22 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Will this work with single player races?

12. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @Scout first live broadcast tonight using the overlay. the gaps on compare cars were wrong for the most part. a possible fix?

13. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Greg Metcalf, going to test a fix now. I'll be about 20 minutes. I'll DM you a new version if its a green light.

Hi @troch22, this is for Multiplayer only.

14. Thomas Bienert

Thomas Bienert Esports / Events Beta tester

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hey mate this is an incredible good work! Got yesterday the chance for trying out. Seriously is there any way that I can support you? This must take you lots of time. It looks amazing. It has amazing features. Just very great work. I will use it in every RR-league i am broadcasting. So if you got a buisness or what else you need to be pushed let me know.

I am looking foward for these kind of improvements since 2 years. Unfortunately the first year I was basically too lazy to do it on my own and now I am streaming that much, that I don't have any time windows for development work. But 10 years ago I learned some Javastuff so maybe I can help you, if you introduce me. Do you like to get some feedback? Got some very need features for the tower like showing the full lastname, because people who don't know the full series, will have issues tracking the current tower =) And some other stuff. I could make you a list if you like.

But one thing would be pretty awesome if you could bring it: A button in the settings section where you can decrease the overall size of the overlay. This HUGE driverinfo just takes like 10% of the screen. But since most leagues aren't that well known I prefer to show driver infos nearly 90% of the race. In one of my spectator overlay the league managed to pull "driver info" to the right side of the screen and made it pretty small. This just give you lot more screensize =)

But as I said you did a very nice and clean job Scout! Thanks. Let me know if I can help you out

15. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    @PataBinat Cheers, added a new toggle in the control panel that allows you to toggle on/off full middles/last names. This will come in the next version in a few days.

upload_2019-1-7_12-6-19.png

I'm going to look into some screen resolution related things today to see whats the best way to scale elements based on users resolution.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thomas Bienert

Thomas Bienert Esports / Events Beta tester

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Haha that was fast! Nice on. So would you like to get a list of potential features that you can cherry pick what you like to implement?

17. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Sure. :)

18. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hotfix
    Tiny Hotfix to fix a small bug with the Compare Race timing gap. Download Link is here. (This doesn't include any new features as mentioned above, its just fix for the 1.4.0 version of the tool)

Also, here is a quick preview of the WTCR 2018 theme, based on the colours from the WTCR series. Coming in v1.5 in a few days.

upload_2019-1-7_18-24-35.png
    upload_2019-1-7_18-24-41.png
    upload_2019-1-7_18-29-11.png
    upload_2019-1-7_18-29-57.png

19. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Starting some work today on something I have been inundated with messages about - different resolution support! :eek:

Only still starting but good results so far with elements being places correctly on screen when using different resolutions. Also added the ability to scale the UI size too, so if you want to make something scale bigger/smaller nicely, you will be able to change that easily too and get the correct scaling for you resolution as seen in the images below.

No real time estimate yet on when it will be finished as its a lot of work rewriting all the widgets UI and sub-elememts and then of course testing, but its in progress at least.

x1 Scaling
    upload_2019-1-8_16-21-51.png

x2 Scaling
    upload_2019-1-8_16-21-57.png

x0.5 Scaling
    upload_2019-1-8_16-22-1.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    @Scout You made a really good job ! This is wonderful !
    Thanks a lot

• Love it! Love it! x 1