FFB not working on OSW

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joe.stricklin, Jan 3, 2019.

1. joe.stricklin

joe.stricklin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just installed from steam. Got everything working but no FFB on my OSW. Using windows 10, MMOS.

I have it turned on in the settings.

If anyone can help let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately I don't know MMOS as I use the Simucube software and it works like a charm.
    Sounds a bit silly, but is your E-Stop released? :D

3. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yep, using Simucube software also, and it works great.
    Heads up though, it is highly recommended to edited the configuration file to remove collision response of the wheel, otherwise you will break your hands, hence it is called:
    'FFB jolt magnitude'
    which should be set to 0.0.

Here is is good video (currently I do not think I am using his settings, but probably similar):

Simucube firmware and software is continuously updated, so I would recommend to use it instead of MMOS, though the documentation to update seems quite daunting:
    https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_Firmware_User_Guide

And also there are some basic settings in the Simucube configuration tool which may needs to be done to get the best feel in the game. Currently I do not have the settings in front of me, but I will put it up when I have it in front of me. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jens

Jens New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    my Lenze servo with Mmos is running fine.
    id should do from the start up with Mmos (even when the settings are to strong etc)

5. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    These are my Simucube settings --------
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

My R3E ingame settings are as follows:
    General force feedback settings:
    Force feedback: on
    Inverted force feedback: off
    Gamepad rumble: off
    Force feedback intensity: 60%
    Smoothing: 10%
    Force feedback spring: 0%
    Force feedback damper: 25%

Steering force settings:
    Steering force intensity: 60%
    Force feedback minimum force: 0%
    Understeer: 50%
    Vertical force: 50%
    Lateral force: 50%
    Steering rack: 38%

Force feedback effect settings:

Slip effect: 65%
    Engine vibrations: 5%
    Kerb vibrations: 18%
    Shift effect: 25%
    Collision effect: 0%

And the FFB tagged lines in the .rcs file, which is located here:
    C:\Users\username\Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
    Do not copy and paste, use only as reference.

(Jolt magnitude is very important to set to 0.0 if you do not want to break your hands):
    FFB Device Name="none"
    FFB Device Name Alternative="none"
    FFB Rumble Pad="0" // Type of FFB controller: 0=wheel, joystick etc with force feedback, 1 = pad with rumble motor
    FFB Gain="0.6" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
    FFB Min Force="0.0" // Minumum force, from 0.0 to 1.0
    FFB Min Force Linear Percentage="0.01" // Minumum force linear percentage
    FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
    FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    FFB stationary friction="0.7" // Amount of friction applied to the steering wheel when vehicle is stationary
    FFB stationary friction speed="2.7780001" // Below this speed the stationary friction starts to be applied, in m/s
    FFB steer vibe freq mult="1.0" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
    FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
    FFB steer vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
    FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB steer force average weight="1.0" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
    FFB steer force exponent="1.0" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
    FFB steer force input max="11500.0" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
    FFB steer force output max="0.6" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
    FFB steer force grip weight="1.0" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
    FFB steer force front grip exponent="0.5" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to grip weight.
    FFB steer force rear grip exponent="1.0" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.
    FFB steer damper coefficient="0.25" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
    FFB steer damper saturation="1.0" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
    FFB steer force balance mode="0" // Mode for how to add the steering forces together (lateral, load and diff). Acceptable values: 0 = lat + load + diff, 1 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2 + diff^2), 2 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2) + diff, 3 = sqrt(lat^2 + (load + diff)^2), 4 = sqrt((lat + load)^2 + diff^2)
    FFB steer load multiplier="0.5" // Multiplier for vertical load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer lateral multiplier="0.5" // Multiplier for lateral forces. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer rack factor="0.38" // How much of the lateral forces comes from steering rack. Range: 0 - 1.0
    FFB steer load change exponent="0.9" // Exponent for the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer load change breakpoint="1.0" // Breakpoint (value that will not be changed) for the exponent on the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer spring coefficient="0.0" // Coefficient for steering spring. Range: 0.0 - 1.0
    FFB throttle vibe freq mult="1.0" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
    FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.025" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
    FFB throttle vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
    FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.18" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    FFB rumble strip freq mult="2.0" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
    FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB rumble strip pull factor="0.3" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
    FFB jolt magnitude="0.0" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    FFB shift jolt magnitude="0.25" // How strong jolts you get from shifting. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    FFB shift effect duration="0.05" // Duration of shift effect in seconds
    FFB slip effect="0.65" // Slip effect, from 0.0 to 1.0
    ffb slip freq multiplier="1.0" // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev
    ffb slip wave type="0" // Slip effect wave type
    FFB pedal throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Throttle pedal vibration at 0rpm (reference point)
    FFB pedal throttle vibe slope="0.0"
    FFB pedal throttle slip vibe="1.0" // Throttle pedal vibration on tire slip
    FFB pedal brake slip vibe="1.0" // Brake pedal vibration on front tire slip
    FFB pedal brake vibe slope="5.0" // Slope for brake pedal vibration based on speed and braking %

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I am a vintage OSW argon MMos user, i got it running Just fine send me a pm with your email i wil send you al nu settings when i get home

7. LOPIROSI

LOPIROSI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hello friend, since the last update, the ffb of my OSW Augury flyer with MMOS 2014 does not work with Argon ... I had never had problems with Raceroom.
    I need help since I am playing 2 championships and now the 2 are in danger.
    Thanks, I need help, it detects me steering wheel but it only turns not ffb.

8. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  9. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @LOPIROSI

Ik font have mij rig setup at the moment (moving house) zo i cant help you niet. Sorry