Accuforce v2 road texture is missing!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by A.K.Racing, Jan 5, 2019.

1. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi i have accuforce v2 and i dont get any information in ffb about road texture only if i go off the track!on the track its feels like you flying not driving?anyone know how to fix it!I try with and without simcomander !same thing !also have crazy oscillations!!

2. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    The oscillations should be easy enough to tune out using the Anti-oscillation setting or by adding some friction in SC4.
    I haven't been able to get any surface details either after trying every possible setting and combination, not with the AF or OSW.

3. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I have an AF and this isn’t a new issue. The tracks aren’t laser scanned and as a result you don’t get much surface detail. You can try and add road effects in simncommander but it won’t do much.

4. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    That's what I suspected but, multiple people say that's not true and others claim they can feel surface details (both mainstream wheels and a couple using OSW). However, from my experience, there is no fine surface detail felt in FFB, tactile-effects nor with my motion-rig (at least not dynamic ones coming from the track surface; they are cyclical in nature, i.e., canned effect). I can't imagine what some are claiming to be surface details except for off-track excursions maybe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    there is laserscanned info in one track , but then again if you truly understand what laserscanning is and how thats brought to a game then well done;
    As for road feel , its there its minimal but its there , its how you find the balance between what is transmitted , your ingame ffb tweaks and then any other software you use.

.. and once again this is a personal feel and changes with different cars .... my passat doesnt feel the same as my ford transit even on the same bit of road and at the same speed

ps all effects are canned (an interpretation of a reality judged by someone and given a numerical value) , your driving a pretend car on a pretend road while sitting in your house , however much money you spend

Andi

• Like Like x 2
  6. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I understand your point about the reality of non-reality in Sim-Racing and have done the same in many discussions but, my goal is to achieve more immersion whereas the more common discussions regarding FFB seem to revolve around "absolute realism only" argument.

I do appreciate the overall and fundamental aspects of RR-FFB, especially with the physic updates and I love having the options to add some under-steer and slip-effects (something I wish all titles offered).

I have been requesting that SimuCube developers (Granite Devices) consider SimXperience's offer to support the system with SimCommander but, it seems that won't happen and GD does not seem to be willing to add telemetry-based effects.

1st-world problems . . . :p

Something strange I noticed is with the RR-FFB Engine-Vibe option being limited to noticeable increments (steps) vs SC4 which has a smooth range. Is there a way to solve that for use with other wheels?

7. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    true might be they talking about vibration this settings :

FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.15" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
    originally by default it was set to 0.0

ok now im understand track is isn't laser scan but why in that case suspension animation is working lol means when you are in cockpit and car touch some bumps its making motion?a same about offroad :) when you offroad not on race track you got all sort of bumps!why they didn't go as AC or other sims!cause one thing I can say no sim will beat RR for translate the grip loss in to ffb!With accuforce I can just feel when car will loss grip and I back off in other titles cause spin with surprise!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  8. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think they how to do they ffb base on telemetry not on canned effect!if they will do that upgrade they will beat all sim on market!cause I rember with my old t300rs this sim was NR1 in terms of FFB!im not talking about the sound which one more masterpiece!

9. Tarheel_Dan

Tarheel_Dan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love the sound, and would drive much more if I could feel the road texture on my OSW.

Are you listening, Sector3?

10. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    :)Well, what did you do? how are you doing now