Resolved Workaround if you cannot join your own dedi server

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Christian G, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know the loopback adapter always has to be running on the host machine, so I would suggest removing the loopback from your gaming PC first and then create a loopback on your server.

However, you might need to enable ICS on your host machine as well for this to work properly.
    Go to the control panel of your server, go to network connections and right click the adapter you're using to connect the server to the web (not the loopback!). Go to the advanced tab and tick the option called "allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection" and in the drop down menu below specify that you want to share the connection with the loopback adapter.

Let me know if this worked for you.

2. Pascal Malenfant Tremblay

Pascal Malenfant Tremblay New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Christian. I cannot send a PM, but I want to solve this so I will share some details, in case someone has a similar config (2 routers, 1 pc, 1 server).

After a few hours of hassle, it seems that I still cannot connect to my dedicated server. I tried sharing the connection and changing / enabling / removing the loopback in both computers. Still no luck.
    I am wondering if the DHCP of the router C7 can be the issue? Maybe I should set each computer's IP address manually, but the setup was working when the server was on the game machine (same machine). Adding a second IP address does not work.

I will explain my setup a bit more so it might give ideas where the problem is. The chain goes as follow
    -Public IP (ISP): 69.XXX.XXX.XX
    --Bell Fiber combo Modem / Router IP: 192.168.2.1
    ---Archer C7 WAN: 192.168.2.10 >Default Gateway: 192.168.2.1
    ---Archer C7 LAN: 192.168.0.1
    -----W10 Game PC: 192.168.0.101
    -----W7 Dedicated server: 192.168.0.103

The Bell Fiber Modem is set to place the Router C7 in DMZ.
    Ports are forwarded properly in the C7 and in the Bell Fiber.
    Firewalls are disabled for the tests.

Note, to play Forza, I had to mess a little with Teredo tunnels on my game PC, I dont know if that can have anything to do with this.

Thanks a lot to you guys, your input is extremely appreciated! :)

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    So the gaming PC and server are both connected to a TP-Link router (Archer C7)? In that case you might not need any additional tools because as far as I can see from their documentation their routers should support NAT loopback. However, I've read that they also have a feature called "NAT Boost" and that NAT loopback is disabled when NAT Boost is enabled. Does your router's fw have such an option? If so, what happens when you disable that?

4. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    estoy con el mismo problema sin solución

5. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    and tried everything described in this post, my configuration two pc on the same line one as server, and I can not join the

6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys
    Having issue with connecting to my own session,
    Same router.
    Gaming PC gets No response from server. Of course external connection can connect no issue.

On Dedicated PC i have enabled loopback and ICS still no go.
    On the router i have enabled DMZ and also enable the port routing required.

Is there anything else i am missing here. I used to be able to do this at router level ( nat loopback) no issue but in this case the router does not have an option,

Any help would be most welcome.

7. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Hi Martin,
    The loopback solution only works works if your gaming pc is hosting the dedi server application itself.

When your server runs on another machine you may look at my description posted on August 1st earlier in this thread.
    Hth, Chris

8. Martin

Martin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys,
    please help me with my Dedi server, I am one step away of giving up on this. I tried all the solutions mentioned here without any luck, still getting no response from the server.

here is my setup:
    I have macos machine on local lan 192.168.4.98 static ip address, I am running virtual win machine through virtualbox with bridged connection, so my win machine has static ip 192.168.4.99 - there is running my dedi server.

My router asus RT N14U sees both pcs as separate pc, I have forwarded ports to ip 192.168.4.99
    router is showing me wan ip: 1.2.3.4, but if I look on the web through whatsmyip for example, my external ip is 4.3.2.1

if I check open ports from another pc on local LAN, I can see tcp port open, but not udp, I have rules set up in windows firewall, tried to run the server with firewall off too, no luck

My gaming pc is separate pc with ip 192.168.4.159 (dhcp address)

I tried both external ip addresses, tried loopback adapter, tried adding extra addresses

Thanks in advance for any help

Martin

9. Racki

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    If your Router WAN IP does not match what WhatsMyIp says then it might be the problem that your Internet Provider does not give you a real public address and you are behind a NAT on provider side. You should check that with the support of your provider.

10. MacGerry

MacGerry New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Top! This is a great help.

Thanks a lot!
    Gerry

11. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    It would be nice if RR would fix this user unfriendly program once and for all.

12. MacGerry

MacGerry New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To run the RR dedicated server, is it neccessary to use IPv4 or will it run with IPv6 as well?
    With the workaround I achived to use the server myself, but non of my friends was able to join in.
    Thanks
    Gerry

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Same story.

14. Racki

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    IPv6 is indeed not supported (yet).
    Bear in mind that even if it would be supported, guys with only an IPv4 address would not able to join your IPv6 server.
    Simply because they have no access to the IPv6 world. As a matter of networking limitation the developers cannot do much about it.

If the support of your ISP cannot provide you a public IPv4 address I fear the only solution is to rely on hosting services for the dedi.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. scorpi92

scorpi92 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bonjour
    Je suis chez Bouygue le serveur que j ai crée sur ( RaceRoom Dédicated Server ) se lance pas il me marque bien ONLINE en ( Vert ) ou et le probléme ? Merci

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      67.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      261.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      229.8 KB
      Views:
  16. scorpi92

scorpi92 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chez moi je posséde pas «Microsoft Loopbackadapter». ?

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      106 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      102 KB
      Views:
  17. Nenadv73

Nenadv73 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I did everything you wrote
    Here you see that I enter the multiplayer

but my friend can not can you help me fix that anyone can come in and drive with me

18. digi_hero

digi_hero New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a similar issue. I used the work around to get on my own server, but my friend can't join. Help

19. Racki

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    In a first step please ensure that the public IP adress you see in your router is the same as the address you see here and is an v4 Adress: https://www.myip.com/

If it is not equal your ISP is giving you either an IPv6 or a NATed adress and your dedi is never going to work with that!

Hint: v4 looks like 1.2.3.4 whereas v6 looks like fe80:ab98:b00b::af89

20. digi_hero

digi_hero New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I checked, my IP is v4