Problem New Lenovo WMR Headset owner, need help starting RaceRoom

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by clevername, Jan 7, 2019.

1. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I bought the Lenovo Explorer WMR without the controllers, based on postings here that I can use the headset without the controllers for RaceRoom, so I am using keyboard only right now. I have installed Steam VR and I am having the issue where the RaceRoom menu appears tiny (unreadable) and far below me.

I read the posts here that said I should set a button to re-center, or that I should start RaceRoom in 2D and then in VR, but I don't understand. I can't figure out how or where to do either method. Guess I am just not smart enough to figure this out. Can someone post step-by-step what I need to do so that I can get the menu in front of me and start playing? Thanks!! Much appreciated.

I also have Accuforce and SimVibe -- will I be able to launch RaceRoom through SimCommander so I can use my profiles and effects? How do I accomplish that?

2. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I also have the menu problem, you need to start the game on your normal screen, dont start VR, go into controls and set a key to recenter the VR view, then start the game in VR, when loaded left click the mouse and then press your preset center view key, I have only needed to do this since using the Samsung Odyssey+ was ok with my Rift CV1. I also have Simvibe, not found an easy way to start from Simvibe yet, but I have been starting it from steam and then starting up Simvibe.

3. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, will try this when I get home from work today. For this part, "go into controls and set a key to recenter the VR view" -- is this in one of the RR menus (which one?) or in a menu in Steam?

4. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    It's in RR.
    Control Settings -> Edit Assignments -> Then scroll down until you get to the VR part.

5. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Thanks team! I'm up and running now, enjoying VR.

• Like Like x 1