Shadows showing through walls and road

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MichaelWheeler, Jan 8, 2019.

1. MichaelWheeler

MichaelWheeler New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I recently downloaded this game and I am loving it. One issue I am running into though is that the car shadows are showing through the road when the AI goes beneath the hill crest, and through walls when they turn around a corner. I turned off car shadows completely, yet it still does this. Is there a setting that is responsible for this that I can turn off or is there a fix/setting I can modify that will change this?

Edit: I noticed if I have car shadows turned on I see these shadows appearing more than when I have them turned off, but I still get them even when turned off. It is almost as if the shadows slides off the car when a car goes over and then under a crest. It leaves behind a shadow trail momentarily. The shadows also bounce around so sometimes it appears that the car is suddenly floating a foot off the track.

Thanks!
    Mike

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. MichaelWheeler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I turned on Bloom, Light Shafts and Lens Effect and it went away. Not sure why but that seems to fix it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Glad we could help

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I read this yesterday and had been noticing it myself, so was lurking for any info.
    Thanks for following up with what solved it for you, will try it later myself since I have bloom and lens effects off currently.

5. MichaelWheeler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also found a post where the user mapped his "Look behind (or whatever the term is)" button to his wheel. He said if he pushed it, it also got rid of the odd shadows, although he did not understand why. I haven't had to do this since adding the effects above but if you don't want to add them maybe it will help.