R3E vs. iRacing - Let The Battle Begin

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dale Junior, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Round 1: Mount Panorama Circuit

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Round 2: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I racing-Raceroom 0-2 :D:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  4. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    The last video is almost 3 years old. Meanwhile both games changed a lot.

5. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I choose Race Room:D
    I tested the Gt3 AMG Mercedes at Laguna Seca and for Me RRE all the way... also threw Pcars2 in the Mix and Hands Down RRE is My Choice.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Laser scanned tracks and cars...iracing
    People to race with at any hr....iracing
    Dynamic track/tire....iracing
    Dx11....iracing
    Day to night transition
    WMR/VR performs and works well on old systems...iracing
    Online series with season/career point and stat tracking....iracing
    In-depth tuning options....iracing
    Locked forms so you don't get dick pill spam...iracing
    Content, audio, trackside visuals & AI...raceroom

Love Raceroom and it's touring car selection but the above listed is why I spend the majority of my time elsewhere these days.
    The biggest issue was number 2....5 yrs of playing and I don't think I ever saw more than 20 people in open servers online after 8pm in North America :( Luckily I get to race during peak euro times before work in race room.

Iracing is not for everyone but if you are looking for good online racing it's pretty populated in several series. I mostly play it for the Rallycross....it's a blast!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  7. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom is a fun break for me but it’s not on the same level as iracing. Cars and tracks laser scanned. The fidelity and attention to detail is second to none and the IMSA class alone is worth the price of admission.

I even like the car selection in iracing more. But....for a quick spin. Raceroom is fun

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I got iRacing as I have read many embraced it. But I did not like it. I like the racing feeling in RR much more. Which one is the most realistic in feeling I cannot define however, this is most personal.

I do not care if the track is laserscanned or not, I think it is overrated, and I I will highly probaly never set my foot in a real racing car and compare it to a laserscanned virtual track. I am more here for clean fun racing with good people with different skills.

iRacing has the best system for online racing for sure, but is too expensive. With Simracingsystem, I can race clean with other serious racers, though it may be not fully available every hour. I have learned now that it is really fun to register on a race a couple of days before, so you have time to practice on the track with the car, and you have something to look forward for. So it does not bother me so much, as long there is enough people on the grid. Currently I have raced at Hungarionring and an endurance race at Imola with about 20 racers on the grid. Next one is Mid Ohio and Bathurst. I hope more clean racers will join the SRS community.

What I really miss in RR is more tuning settings for the car and more thorough analysis datastreams. But it is not superimportant, as long it is fun, and RR really gives me the feeling of racing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If I had more free time and money id be more open to iracing, I have used it in the past and subbed for 3 months just before Xmas. My main issue is spending so much moneymon something I don't have the time to use fully. RR for me is great in that I can put it on for an hour and have a good race against the AI. The multiplayer though is just poor at the moment, unless you can commit to league racing it's just not worth bothering. Really I should check out SRS.

10. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    … yes, the Sector 3 team has still a lot of programming work and should change some of their working methods like the track development of course, but the most points are a question of the money / sales. No money, no improvements. iRacing is a very costly sim for a lot of drivers and if your are no interested in the oval / NASCAR stuff, then R3E offers you a very good compromise in my eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  11. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    In terms of pricing, yes iRacing is expensive but if you buy the black friday or spring sale its $77/yr (less for multiple years). You also get $10 credit if you participate in two series 8 of 12 weeks. So you can get a total of $40 credit per year. That puts it at $37/yr not including any content.

The content is expensive though. No getting around that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Using the CSW v2.5 I find RRE FFB the best -vs- iRacing, Pcars2... I will Not include and make a comparison Comment about ACC FFB because the its Not complete yet...But i will say that ACC the FFB feels Ok and has potential should Kunos continue to tweek it to bring out more Rumble Strip, Curb and Bump Feel.

I tested all 3 with the Gt3 AMG Mercedes at Laguna Seca and RRE Botton Line IMO was the Best.

IMO iRacing is a Huge $$$ pit... Its only strength is it has more people Racing Online.

I also did a RRE vs ACC at Paul Richard but will wait for ACC to be finished with a few updates before final thoughts are concrete.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I've tried iRacing on multiple occasions and I think it's great as a service. But I'm not really interested in ovals and North American racing in general. (Not that I dislike it, but I only follow the high prestige events occasionally). So its value would be pretty low for me compared to the costs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    first vid seems like RR version doesnt even sit on suspension. The way the IR car reacts and bounces etc seems more lifelike. PS. I don't even have IR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this post... That's a Setting i been meaning to adjust:D and I Keep forgetting to do ito_O...

RRE has Camera Roll, Lean and Car Bounce Effects that can be adjusted to taste...The Pic i posted are the Default settings and don't provide alot of Lean, Roll or Car bounce... testing settings Now ...I set them to 50% and yup there's alotta Movement going on:) but i dont have final settings yet.

Oooh Man adjusting those settings make a Nice Difference!!! Made a Huge Difference on Laguna Seca going up the Hill setting up for the Down Hill Cork Screw....Gt3 AMG Mercedes I just broke 1:24.xxx My best Yet... I been stuck at Low 1:25.3xx All week.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  16. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    For me it just has to be RaceRoom.
    To make the "Mclaren on the Nordschleife" video in iRacing would cost around $40 (sub = $13, track = $15, car = $12 (I may have costs wrong, please correct as necessary)).

To make the same video in Raceroom would cost only ~$12.60 (track = $8.40, car = $4.20 (again, double check costs).

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    If you choose to overlook all the features I listed in my post that RRE does not have than ya I guess having more people to race with is it's only strength......and for all iracing users that's why we choose it! Lol :)

18. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Very true. I'd much rather spend what I save through other sims on peripherals and pc hardware.

My experience with the iRacing community (most likely a vocal minority) was very elitest and belittling. But like I said, vocal minority perhaps.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    yup...they obviously have lots of the same type of spam on their forums like we're getting here .....except they are buying the stuff :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  20. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Seeing some Videos with Iracing races and they where not cleaner than the SRS races I've seen.
    So, I don't need it.

• Agree Agree x 1