Load cell mod.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ACClongy01, Jan 9, 2019.

1. ACClongy01

ACClongy01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all. New to this forum and raceroom, but so far loving the sim. My question is about a load cell mod from sim racing solutions for the t3pa pedals. I'm looking to purchase this and was wondering if anyone on here own, or have tried this mod.

Many thanks.

2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    My opinion for what its worth, sell the pedals add that money to the 100 the mod would cost and buy a set of used fanatec with LC.

Or you could just ram a squash ball in the gap at the back of the brake pedal, was doing this years ago with old guillemot pedals, worked a treat, did have to do a little search to be sure you could do it on yours, but here you go ;)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...3PA-Pedal-Set-Should-work-on-any-other-pedals

This used to work really well for me a few years ago (read a lot of years ago), cheap, cheerful and very effective!

Edit - or maybe not just reread that thread, but still, something to think about!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  3. ACClongy01

ACClongy01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi and thanks for replying. I did look at buying the csl with load cell before buying the T GT. I got a real good deal on it. The pedals it comes with are a weak point no doubt, but I do like them.

Like you said, I could get the fanatec pedals, which would be fine for pc, but I also play other games on ps4 including GT sport. I like the idea of a squash ball and think I may try this before I decide my next move.

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    It is very simple and very effective as i said, you can also try out various materials, different rubbers and sponges to find the right amount of resistance, it is a simple mod but is like night and day difference after using a spring tensioned pedal.

5. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't t3pa come with a comb oval brake mod, or is it just the t3pa pro?
    It would be better than a ball.

6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the t3pa comes with the conical brake mod and it's a very good mod.
    If this isn't good enough, if you want better pedals, go for Fanatec or Heusinkveld.

7. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Squash ball mod is the best value for money you can get in the market. It is a huge difference compared to unmodded T3PA. In my opinion the conical brake mod is nowhere near the feeling of a squash ball put behind the pedal :p

8. ACClongy01

ACClongy01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It does, but I was hoping the load cell mod would improve feel as well as consistent braking.