FFB Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Get the simhub software for your tactile, it's free to use or fully unlocked with small donation. Very configurable for shakers (reportedly more so than simvibe) and also provides loads of other features from dashboards to lap tracking etc. Brilliant software.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    My apologies I've had a quick read from my small phone screen and instead of reading competition, I thought it was about the Cayman?? Stupid me.:eek::eek::eek:. I don't know anything about Porche competition? Sorry for inconvenience or wasting your time.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Apparently, the Augury Kit OSW that I own is, in fact, Sumucube board which is great. I am willing to try Sumucube software as long as I can go back to MMoS whenever I like?

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I think you misunderstood me, simhub has nothing to do with the osw wheel. It's simply software that controls bass shakers and dashboards amongst other things.

5. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    IIRC, you can revert to MMos but, you have to also revert to older FW however, I'm not sure why anyone would want to. The SimuCube FW results are very good, better than MMos imo but, I still think that more effect-support is needed in order to access even more detail in certain titles (keeping in mind that I'm kind of alone in that sense). Still, between MMos and SimuCube, the latter is the better choice and I'm pretty sure that 95% of users (that have used both) would agree.

6. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Doesn anyone have a
    OK So can I use Simucube Configuratoration Tool as a substitute for MMoS ?

7. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
  8. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I have an OSW Direct Drive Augury Kit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Forget what I wrote. Simhub has nothing to do with wheels or ffb. My post was a specific reply to grimeydog when he said he used an audio feed to power his bass shakers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Here is a link to information about what is needed to run the SimuCube Firmware. You can use the links there to access specific relevant details depending on your hardware configuration.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I don't use Sim Vibe but With Race Room the Buttkicker Feel is thunderous and lines up exactly to what i See ,Hear, and Feel in the wheel.

The Buttkicker feel is Good in Most Games but Race Room is By Far the Best... They did a Excellent job with the Audio:D.

ATM im Not interested in Sim Vibe because then i have to use a sound card...My set up is ...from the TV optical Audio output to My Astro Mix amp and I Run the Buttkickers from the Mix Amp audio output... This way anything i watch/Play (PC, PS4, Xbox1, Net Flix etc) on the TV the Buttkickers work... If i were to use Sim Vibe and a sound card it would only work with PC and I would have to change wires to make everything else work and I'm just too Lazy;)

RSeat N1 Rig is Very Solid I use 3x Buttkickers.... 2x under the seat 1 plays Left other plays Right ...1 under the pedals plays Left & Right and the Whole Rig thumps with all Buttkickers at 1/2 volume or less.

12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough, but trust me you are missing out. A good tactile setup is amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Holmberg

Holmberg Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I have a Fanatec csw 2.5 and can’t get rid of the dead feeling in the center. What should I try first?

14. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    1st, try changing the Steering Rack forces setting: try at zero / then try at 100% and see if that solves it. Adding some center spring could help but, that's not my first choice. Friction can help too, otherwise is may be a matter of increasing dampening.

15. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Plz read the first post, there you find all you need.

For the dead feeling in the center => increase "Minimum Force".

16. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Make sure you have and keep "FFB intensity" @ 100%...and use on wheel FFB to get desired at wheel FFB Strength...I use a v2.5 and keep on wheel FFB @ 50 to 65%....i posted my Settings on page 22

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  17. Holmberg

Holmberg Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Tried it, everything gets worse with that setting

18. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean with worse? After increasing you have more dead center feeling? That shouldn't be.

Try @GrimeyDog settings.

19. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    FFB intensity will create that Dead center feel If its Not 100%... I had that same Dead Zone Lazy center of wheel feel also when i had it set to 75%....IMO with the v2.5 you Don't Need turn up "Minimum Force" so that can be set to 0.

Many still debate the Fanatec on wheel FFB must be set to 100%... But IMO this is Not true because the Fanatec on wheel FFB takes the place of the Control panel FFB gain / There is No FFB Gain in the control panel when using Fanatec wheels Therefore it seems to reason that you Must adjust the on wheel FFB + or - to get the desired at the wheel FFB strength that you want...when you Examine and consider these facts the on wheel FFB must be 100% rule IMO proves to be False because if you Must set FfB intensity to 100% to get rid of the Dead Zone and you Must set On wheel FFB to 100% all you end up with is a wheel that is too heavy to use... Yes the other settings can be turned down but IMO the FFB never balances out to feel as Good.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    This is the post that I found has the best FFB settings from back on page 19 of this guide..
    Thanks @Thomas Jansen for sharing and sorry to quote your post but at least it brings the best settings back to current day posts ;)

But to remove deadzone on Fanatec bases you need to keep on wheel FFB at 100% and use ingame to reduce intensity. It's been proven and stated by Fanatec and you can test for yourself using FCM tool.

My only issue with R3E is the notch around centre with any settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.