Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    I was playing most of the time Raceroom... and ignored ACC for a while, now I was coming back to test the new Jaguar/Zolder update and must say: I can't drive anymore xD ..... what the hell is this? It feels like driving a Monstertrucktrain with shopping venture wheels with constant understeer and then a lot of oversteer on the other side xD I don't want to hate, I was playing 50 hours in the past and had a lot of fun, but coming back now everything feels awkward somehow :confused:

Maybe it's just raceroom habitutation, but I'm having a much better feeling in RR in the force feedback and graphic wise (sharpnes) as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  2. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Agree... Even though AAC is Dx11 I don't see where ACC looks better than RRE and its still Dx9....Edit: I play both in 4k.

IMO RRE has better FFB and Feels more like a True Diving/Racing Experience also Buttkicker Feel in ACC is there but its just there Nothing to be exited about but RRE the Buttkicker is Thunderouse and lines up to exactly what I Hear and Feel in the Steering wheel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Today (testing my home track) included = 7 hrs in game so far (been there from day one with very high expectations).
    Big dissapointment. :confused:
    I even switched from GTX980Ti to GTX1080Ti for this. It looks great in screenshots, but that's about all that is good. It needs MASSIVE optimising to race with acceptable FPS (not even talking about night/rain conditions) on triple setup.
    I also don't know how Steam counts the playing time (maybe all the time just being in game ?) because there is NO WAY I have driven that long).
    Lack of triple screen support being the main reason. And if they ever manage to implement it, the extra rendering will make this title unplayable.
    And why all these Kunos / Assetto / Thrustmaster / Fanatec etc... billboards and 'live' screens ? It does not do any good for immersion, nor for performance either.
    I fear this title is going to be shelved...:(

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  4. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Shall we go to the Roadhouse and order some ice cold ones and enjoy the view ;)

20151010_135322.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Have to agree, though the look has always had problems with this engine, I actually liked the way the cars felt, but then came the Ferrari and then the Jag everything feels weird to drive, spongy/sloppy no feel from the road and front end, understeer is really bad, curb behavior has got worst as well, and I swear AA looks more pronounced in this build, every white line give's the look as no being a solid line, really is starting to remind me of cough Pcars 2..I can't believe I've had to say that word..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The driving is more unforgivable in ACC than in RR. RR always was the simplier physics suite.

I do not like the Jaguar myself, too. A feeling-heavy brick on locked wheels, without agility, understeering. But if that is how the car compares to other cars in real life, then thats how it is (and maybe its the reaosn why so many teams choose not to drive the Jaguar...). The other cars I like much for two reasons: their driving convinces me, and the cars there are so far nicely offer a spread of characteristics and behaviour making them all very different to drive and different in the way their setup needs to be adressed. This is the perfect answer to critics claiming that all GT3 cars always feel the same. In RR, this "spread" of characteristics is smaller, he differences are less, and the driving in general is simplier. which is not a bad thing, I enjoy it, for it allows me to focus less on fighting with my car and more on fighting with the best line and other cars.

I drive in VR, and for VR the looks are fine, with all the pros and cons that VR in RR give me as well. Cannot comment on triple screens, but it has no priority for them to implement, I seem to recall. The cockpit immersion in the cars, the looks and feels, are second to none. Driving at night and in a thunderstorm makes it all a completely new game.Swimming on the track, correcting sudden surprises due to driving thbrough puddles, is something i have never felt so intense in any sim before. The rain driving part they have done sensationally well, imo.

I do not get it why people always look at other sims and then complain about said other sims not being like the one of their favourite choice so far. Sim A is not sim B. ACC is not RR. RR is not AC. You can like the one and dislike the other, or - like me - like both : but to accuse the one not being like the other, that just does not make no sense to me. They are different, and I would not like to have it any different than this. If they would all be the same, they effectively would be not two but one sim. And I would have paid twice for the same stuff.

Any reference to realism is a bit pointless, too, for most of us do not have any experience in having driven a GT3 car. We all have our personal ideas and mental images of how it would and how in our views it shoudl feel like - but we do not know it for sure, by experience. And that subjective construction, this fantasy of ours is what we then compare a given game to. In other words, we judge to what degree the sim in question creates a convincing illusion - for us, basing on our imagination. So stop fighting, relax, and enjoy. Much better choice.

The Zolder track is great, btw. As a laserscan version I assume it is the most correct of the Zolders out there, including RR's version. Compared to the tame surface and mild elevation changes of RR's Zolder, this one in ACC is a surprisingly coarse, rough, rude ride at times, really, it took me by surprise for sure. The kerbs differ, some have a real nasty bite. Don't like them? Avoid to roll over them, or try something with your setup to digest their kicks better. But steep kerbs should bite the car, me thinks. Else it would be pointless to have them.

My biggest problem with ACC so far is the AI, coming from Raceroom I am spoilt by the best of the best AIs there are :) ACC's AI is feeling and running quite sterile , like in AI. I fear more and more that in this regard it will not be better than AC.

What they have done with sounds, is most impressive, the diversity of different in-car sounds as well as the precision by which they have nailed them. The throne of sounds is embattled territory between ACC and RR. And I am not certain I hand the crown to RR any longer. Sounds adds their share to the monumental cockpit immersion in ACC for sure, looks, sounds, animated fuinctionality, details: it all comes together in here. Nobody does better cockpit modelling, than Kunos.

So, yes, driving in ACC is more challenging, difficult, than in RR. It should be so. FFB for me is awesome, it does and it gives me right what I want and need. The cars that way feel very believable to me, and I can feel what they are doing. Also, setting up FFB and controls in RR, is not really its shiny side, there just is too much too ill-explained variables, and I absolutely do not think it makes sense this way. Not always means more options more realism, it can also mean a "verzettelt" approach . After weeks of trying I am still unable to copy a setup I had which I found okay, but by accident altered, and now cannot go back to the old feel. In this regard, AC and ACC were and are miles ahead. Simple. Effective. Comprehensible.

I recommend the videos by Chris Haye where he spends time explaining why he may or may not have liked a car's feel initially, and how he then altered his setup as well as his driving style to meet it specific characteristics - and then started to like it.

And after these videos look me in the eye and tell me in all seriousness the sim does not look bloody damn good.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Haven't tried the last updates, but as of yesterday i can't map up/downshift to my wheel without having a complete game freeze

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Please, don't insult the C64, it never had that much blur! :)

ACC is pretty much only sim I have not tested, but reading all these comments it might be something I pickup when it is at 75% sale or something.

AC I have, but I don't drive it too often, somehow I just can't get into it. What I wonder if they did wash windshields in ACC? In AC I can't see a thing and windshield looks dirty, have to turn off some graphics quality settings to be able to see and use only certain time/weather settings to be able to see where road goes.

9. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    :rolleyes::D:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Not really enjoying ACC atm, especially after getting my hopes up with the Jag. Moving from R3E to rFactor 2, or to normal AC takes a little bit of getting used to, but doesn't take long. Going from R3E to ACC, however feels like a large step backwards. The FFB feels 'mushy', VR is horrifically blurry and not optimized, the AI leaves a lot to be desired. I really want to like/enjoy ACC but in it's current state, it's just gathering dust in my steam library.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Jens

Jens New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    *ach* old times ^^
    but the resolution from the mirrors are nearly the same (like from the C64) ^^

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Vic20 ZXSpectrum era. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Chris Haye: ''This Car is a mixture of under and oversteer''
    exactly what i have said :D but yeah I know what you mean. One is not simular to the other.
    I'll give it more time to get used to it again, just wanted to share how strange it feels somehow.
    I want this game to be an success. Maybe then we can race something different in Raceroom rather than GT3 Cars in 95% of the online servers xD (the other 5% are empty lol)

14. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Great update. To the blurry disaster, the flickering disaster (with Paul Ricard) they added now with Zolder a stuttering disaster :(

15. Jens

Jens New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    again ~10min "drivetime" , no fun.
    track visibility in the car is the horror...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Watched his video right now. once again he has nailed it, it seems he takes his words froma hot wire directly connected to my brain.

And boy does the sim look ugly in his video again. So stuttery. So ugly. So blurry! Its really absolutely unplayable. What does Kunos think to make a game suffer like this?
    LOL

BTW, the Jag was apparently using the Lambo sounds before the hotpatch today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Huh? Stuttering? I don't encounter such problems.
    The Jag on zolder and everything smooth.

Except the jaguar driving like a glacier.
    Understeering is an understatement. Driving the Ferrari after that .... feeling relieved..

But it's amazing how differently every car handles.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  18. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Not sure about the stuttering, for me it's all smooth as well 100fps, but that's providing it just me, add the AI and average 80fps but it doesn't run silky smooth anymore it's hard to describe, its either really fine micro stutters or it just looks rough can't make my mind up, it maybe just a PC hardware thing where just doesn't have enough juice anymore, it's abit like watching a stream at 1080p and then it loses the quality abit and it's just not crystal clear or smooth anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Zolder seems to be a very heavy track for fps, compared to the other tracks.

With my triple setup and lowered graphic settings i couldĀ“nt hold 60 fps, even with no other car on the track. After the 2nd chicane fps drop to 47 (20 ai cars). All other tracks are fine, even with rain.

Forgot the triple screen disaster

20. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Imagine what it would be if they changed their rear view mirror resolution from ten (or more) years ago to something that would be acceptable in 2019...:rolleyes: