App R3E Reality GT - Multiplayer Broadcast Overlay

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Scout, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    No break yet........ :rolleyes: Small updates to improve some things requested the last day or two. Download link in original post.

Version 1.5.2 Changelog
    • [Bug Fix] Improved logic around how widgets are hidden/shown between the qualifying results and garage/warmup/race sessions.
    • [Feature] Allowed extra widgets to be active in the warmup session.
    • [Feature] Decreased default resolution scaling by 2 clicks making UI elements smaller by default.
    • [Feature] Small UI improvements to standings tower.
    • [Feature] Adjustment to the auto director to improve weighting scores to battles in the lower classes, eg. class positioning rather than overall positioning in multiclass races.
    • [Feature] Enabled popular widgets by default.
    • [Feature] Improve readability of steward and safety car alert text.
    • [Feature] Small improvement to steward alerts display logic.
    • [Bug Fix] Fixed the mercedes theme not obeying the resolution scaler.

Now I am most definitively taking a break. Hope you like the update.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. e-Scuderia TV

e-Scuderia TV New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh yes! oh yes!!

3. e-Scuderia TV

e-Scuderia TV New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great job man, amazing app. Thank you so much:)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Thomas Bienert

Thomas Bienert Esports / Events Beta tester

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hey Scout ^^ I found some problems. The biggest issue for me personally is that in the webinterface every driver is marked with "overall pX" this is way too long. I need a big yellow Number nothing Else. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and as big as it gets! Next thing that would be reeeeeaaaaaaaallly need is a coloured marker for every car that is closer then 0.25 seconds. The 1 sec reminder ist nice to have. But to be honest most races I broadcast people arent getting aggressive under 0.5 and most races 0.2 sec difference is too far to get into a fight. So 1 sec colorcoding is very cool to have. So I am aware of something is coming. But 0.25 is very need.

I really don't need you to do it. Would be cool because I think every broadcaster would take advantage of it. But my coder don't know where to find the sections I need. So a hint would solve my problems ><

Btw we pimped your overlay a little bit. This is how it looks right now:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    @Thomas Bienert Looking good!

I changed the controller to only show the position (removed the overall text) now and increased the font size. I also updated how the indicators work for close racing. The amber will remain there for battles less than 1 second between the cars, but for closer battles (less than 1/4 of a second) it will turn a bright red and flash twice on screen to get some attention.

upload_2019-1-16_10-39-57.png

It will be in the new update in a day or two.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thomas Bienert

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hey @Scout think this is much better. I personally would prefer a much bigger position symbol. But I am not sure how usefull it is for other. You need to imagine that in 99% of all cases I need to manage up to 2 chats, OBS, my co-commentator, getting private messages from officials, reading and analyzing the web overlay plus changing cameras and cars. Obviously this is way too much and I really could need someone helping me. But for now this is the best it gets. So everything that is huge and catchy is very helpfull. So erasing unnecessary information like "overall" is perfectly fine.

So since you said you like to get some input I thought about the most common features I really could need to have. Dont get overwhelmed by:

Tower
    Intervalls between single positions - In lots of races it gets very confusing for the viewers to do the math on their own. So P15 has +15sec to the leader and P16 has +16.3 and P17 has +16.9. Most peoples concetration fades away especally if their attention is grabbed by a caster. A side effect is that while your commentating the actual picture you wont need to look at the webinterface to look up the gaps. Obviously it is harder to see a close fight between +1:01.5 and +1:01.8 even though the gap between these two cars is only +0.3. So it would be absolutely awesome to have a 2nd Toweroption where you can change from "gap to lead" to "gap to car infront"

Boxenstopps - Having another option to show everyone how many stops were made is an absolute nobrainer imo. Still I am not sure how hard it is to make.They are many very big endurance serieses like RRVLN, VRGT3 or even Nürburgring eSports Endurance Championship that are based on having races with more then 2h racetime. Casting a race like this without even knowing is this result right in the moment with or without stopps is isanely difficult.

Driver Info
    Compare next car to Driver Info bug - if you click on driver info while compare next car is activated both overlay options will be shown. Clicking through every button is very cost intensive especally if you keep in mind what we need to do beside trying to cast the whole scenario. Would be very need if you could change this so it is actually usefull to compare those cars.

Compare next car - speed comparison - The old overlay had this odd way of comparing car speed in the minimal of all ways. But actually this is a real interessting an easy to catch stastistic if used right. The easiest way to bring up some drama as caster is show the speed gain of the following car on a long straight. If you keep your style this would be very catchy. So just two big numbers and the car at the top so everyone knows what car is how fast. Skip drivernames here. If you want to bring a real nasty feature then you could try to catch the maximum speed for some seconds and mark it in red. So if both cars start cornering you can see "oh wow car 1 got 256 km/h and car2 nearly got car1 with 264 km/h"

Compare next car - laptimes - I personally think is probably the worst of all requests because I think you need to track down laptimes on your own, right? But since raceroom has absolutely no way to talk about laptimes. Casting a race can be quite difficult. I saw it several times in real motorsport broadcast where you got the information about last 3 laps of two car splitted in s1,s2,s3 and laptime.

So as you may guess I could throw Ideas over Ideas at you. But I think these are the most needed features of all to spice up raceroom broadcasts.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  7. Dave Wyatt

Dave Wyatt Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Please do! I am anxious to try it out.

8. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hey @Dave Wyatt, the update with resolution support is already available! Download link in the original post. There is a resolution scaler added so you can just the sizing of elements on screen. The file is called resolutionScaler.less and its in the main folder. Setting the px value to a higher number will increase the UI size whilst setting a lower number will decrease the UI size.

Hey @Thomas Bienert

Standings Tower Intervals - Can be added.
    Pitstop Info - Not possible with the R3E API outside of mandatory pit indicators which is already there.
    Compare next car to Driver Info bug - This is fixed, it will be in the next version.
    Compare next car - speed comparison - Added, will be in the next version.
    Compare next car - laptimes - Can be added.

Version 1.6 has 13 feature changes and 3 bug fixes already, with a nice sharper UI on some widgets. Update soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dave Wyatt

Dave Wyatt Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thanks so much Scout! Outstanding work.. got the latest and will "play" with it.

Absolutely amazing work! You are the Man!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. Thomas Bienert

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    So is there an option to write down the pitstops in an external data? I dont know maybe everytime the pitstop indicator is activated drivername.array+1 this would probably cause triggering the count with penalty drives. But tbh would be helpfull anyway. And read it out everytime someone passes the starting-line?

11. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately there isn't a pitstop indicator exposed through the API yet, so I can't easily get a pit count or status if a driver is pitting. I can ask around to see if this can get added to the API once the guys aren't busy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thomas Bienert

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I allready asked Robert personally. But if you have someoneelse in mind lets give it a try. This is an absolute nobrainer for professional broadcasting. And raceroom has enough series where they can use it on their own =)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  13. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I just wanted to say thank you for this. Gave it a try the other day and it looks fantastic, much better than the other versions! Got it all customised to my required colours now and it fits perfectly with what I need it for. Keep up the good work mate, can't wait to see what you have in store in future updates. :cool:

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Still working on the next version, should be out by monday...​

upload_2019-1-19_22-14-3.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    When changing game sessions (training-qualifying or qualifying-race) the overlay is reset. The options chosen do not remain. Driver info and the standing disappear and must be returned. Is it possible to leave the options always on even if the session changes?

Is it possible to make a widget with only the server name and that it is displayed in the upper right corner between the chrono info and the raceroom logo?

Thank you very much.
    great job mate keep going !!

16. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like you are running a version older then v1.5.2? I changed the logic to fix that issue in that version recently.

For the server name widget, it would probably be a bit too custom/tailored for this tool. I'm trying to keep the number of widgets small and to appeal to as many as possible. The server name and other other info about the server is shown in the event info widget which you could show in a practise session as an alternative.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your answer.
    My friend wasn't supposed to use the latest version. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

For the new widget, is it possible to modify the one of the safety car in with only the information of the server name repirs of the event info widget?

Thank you again.
    Our races are really more fun with your overlay!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  18. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Here is the example in pictures to be more meaningful.
    I changed the title of the widget safety car in (Race Control) to Server Info.
    Now I would like to change the display of the server name instead of safety car in this lap. The info exists and can be found in the event info widget but I don't know how to move it and make it visible. Is that possible?

Thanks a lot Scout

[​IMG]

19. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Do'nt get me wrong, please, but is it an idea to do the smaller updates together as 1 bigger update.
    And that there is more time between the next update.
    The reason why I ask this because those who use their own logos have to adjust this every time.
    See this as constructive criticism and if there are many reactions from people who disagree with it, I of course agree with that.:)

20. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I will have a think about this, but still not 100% sure if this will make it into the tool as I'm not sure if it will be used a lot by others.

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing now. The very earlier versions had quicker releases to improve and fix different things with the early feedback. From now on, updates will be bigger and will be released less often. However, updates to fix important bugs will be done straight away.

For the logo, I would highly recommend everyone to simply set the logo in their broadcasting software instead. Since I added the different resolution support, the logo dimensions are set for the raceroom logo only - so if the logo you want to use is of a different shape like a long rectangle, then it might not display as well as I can't predict logo sizes and have it optimally done for everyone whilst also support all the resolution sizes. So I'd recommend to turn off the Logo Overlay widget and just add the logo itself in OBS or the broadcast software you use instead. You won't need to change things on updates then. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1