Sharing my FFB setup

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Turtle Power, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys,

The purpose of this post is to share my own vision and taste of what the force feedback settings are best for Raceroom experience using OSW Augury Kit (Small Mige, 10000ppr encoder) and MMos. It may not apply to other OSW wheels but you can try if you wish.

This is very subjective setup but I would like to encourage you to try and see what you think? Before you try, back up your Control set file and create new Configuration Profile in Raceroom. The highlighted in red is important, the rest can be ignored as it may not apply to you. If you are tempted to try these settings, please be advised that you must change values in the control set as shown in the image.

As a result, you should get immersive refined motor vibrations, stronger road effects, firm feedback, strong shift effect (it can be reduced if desired) and a lot more that cannot be explained in writing...... Also, note that some cars may require lower or higher FFB Multiplier value in Garage- Steering setup. You will know once you start driving.

Alternatively, you could do fine adjustments in-game settings but make sure that you copy control set FFB values as shown in the image.

Cheers

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Tarheel_Dan

Tarheel_Dan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for posting this. I'll give it a try the next chance I get.

My chief complaint about R3E FFB is that the tarmac feels smooth as glass. There's no sensation that the wheels are actually rolling on pavement.

I hope these settings help in that regard.

3. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    True about the tarmac feel. Bathurst is not too bad but most tracks are smooth, unfortunately.

Note that these settings may only apply if you are using OSW Augury Kit (Small Mige, 10000ppr encoder) and MMos. Also, it is for the 360-degree steering rotation.

If your rotation is more or less it may not work as intended.

I also have settings for the 480-degree steering rotation if that is your preference. see below:
    I hope you will find it exciting as much as I do. considering that we all have different taste, there is a very little chance of liking this setup, who knows?

Attached Files:

4. Tarheel_Dan

Tarheel_Dan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    actually, i have been using a setup that's more or less fine, other than the road surface. i would totally drive R3E more if they fixed that.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    i feel road surface on a fanatec v1 so i wonder what it is with dd wheels that doesnt translate this

Andi

6. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    What you feel is probably small oval an uneven road surface found on some tracks that make your wheel go light and strong at a very fast rate but it doesn't make up for a proper road feel. Most tracks are smooth.

On a more positive note, Raceroom has pretty much everything covered in regards to the FFB details and the only missing piece of the puzzle is the road surface. It should feel grainy, aggressive etc...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  7. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I am wondering what steering wheel, in particular, is used as a primary reference point by Developers for testing the force feedback? I am sure they use most consumer wheels including various direct drive wheels as well.

8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I only have an old g27 and I have road feel too, i think it's an added effect but it feels convincing enough to me.... Certainly better than asset to Corsa for example which feels like glass (I haven't spent much time on wheel settings on AC though)

9. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Well that is very interesting! I feel every single detail on Assetto Corsa with my direct drive. All this makes me wonder what it going on and why so different?

10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Not sure, as I say, I haven't really set AC up so I could probably improve it a lot. Depends how forces are worked out I suppose. Road feel as such doesn't really exist as a force through the wheel (in rotation) in real life, it's a vibration that is felt through the steering column and wheel... If forces are only calculated as they would be irl then it stands to reason that this would not be present. It's for this reason that I believe some canned effects are useful. They add in things we feel that true representation of rotational forces can't.

11. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    In addition to the above, i should mention that overall feedback is more detailed in Raceroom ( with my D Drive than AC). Its more vibrant sharp and agressive whilist AC has an excellent road effects. The rest is not so detailed. Once again i am talking from my experience.

12. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I am planing on testing my old G27 wheel and run some tests. MIssing the power supply :mad: might have to purchase another one.

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Hmm i think you'll be disappointed after the DD, g27 does a job but it's fairly poor these days. I'll post my settings and you can try them

14. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Not planing on using..its only for testing purposes :D

15. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Lol yeah I realise that....you'll be shocked going back....i don't even dare try a DD until I can afford one

• Like Like x 1
  16. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    My DD feels pretty good, must say Nords feels excellent and the best rendition of it in any sim, I am curious though why you use a fixed rotation on your OSW of 360 and 480, I can guess as it probably shows at N/A in the car set up but mine does also on Accuforce but only because I don't use the AF profile I do a custom one as the inbuilt game one just didn't work for me.

Also using steering sensitivity at anything other than 50 means it isn't linear, at 100% you will get more steering input around the centre of the wheel and less on the outer input which causes tyre scrub and loses speed in corners, the other way at 0% does the opposite, I was using 100% and couldn't work out why I was losing out to racers in corners so stuck it 50% and just up the steering ratio per car to suit.

17. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The fixed rotation is coming from MMoS. The rotation in game setting is disabled.
    480 degree is good for GT cars. 360 for F1 and some gt cars too. Just my personal preference.
    I can set the steering sensitivity to 50 again and give it another go. From memory, any less then 100 didnt work well for me. Maybe because I had to make faster turns with lota of effort on my steering wheel. I will review this one again.

18. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Yeah just up the steering per car to take up the slack, it keeps the turn in linear then and will reduce tyre scrub and loss of speed in corners.

19. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Ok.. after hours of testing it has been brought to my attention that you were spot on about the steering sensitivity.
    At 100% sensitivity, the steering input was centered. At 50% it felt well balanced. The ffb feels even better and more natural. I kept all the same settings except that steering sensitivity is now 50.

Many thanks for your support.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Glad it helped, was driving me mad until one of our guys reminded me I had put mine on 100% after messing with my FFB, was really taking the speed out of my corners.

• Like Like x 1