Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Having the ability to have classes qualify separately in a multi class as an option, or group them like P1 and GTR3 in one and P2 and GTR4 in another.
    I am hooked on a P1, P2, GTR3 and GTR4 endurance races, great fun.

2. DougDude

DougDude New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Exactly! I'm loving R3E so far... coming over from PCars2 and little iRacing and was shocked to find no tire pressure adjustment.

3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0

4. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Have the mini display available when using the race monitor during an online session, if it is could someone tell me how to activate it?

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Thing I'm missing most is that after singleplayer race I would like to see individual laptimes of all cars, including myself, but instead what I got was standings displayed once and that was it.

There is lot more timing data to examine after the race in other sims, so that could be my nice to have suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Already there, just no UI, so no use, coming though!

7. milewski.lukasz

milewski.lukasz Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

That and a cool down lap at the end. I hate the way races end now, just bang! Thats it over, i really like to just cruise round the track and go to my pit box after a race.

• Agree Agree x 13
  8. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    idea1.jpg
    Ideas to reorganize categories

I"m hope use Radio Chat.
    "Hallo"
    "Thank you"
    "sorry"
    "Good Race"
    At least I want to use the above example sentences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    The Zonda R is fine in the cup class. It closer to a GT car than a Prototype anyway. German Nationals can burn in a fire for all I care, they should stay far away from the GT2 class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    … and an internal / in-game crew chief / spotter option made by Sector 3 pls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Ridiculous, to "burn" cars with valid licences. I prefer the suggestion to bring the McLaren SLR into a Cup class with actual physics and tire physics and revamp to Carlsson with new physics and tires into the GTR4.

12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    whats the matter with crew chief ? it works , its free , its updated with the patches .....
    i dont see the need to waste human resources duplicating something that already exists

Andi

• Agree Agree x 12
  13. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Cheers for saving my breath on that one, no brainer! o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Access to lap times in a practice session, nice to see your lap and sector times, nicer if someone who`s never tried to race a sim before comes to play and cant really look at theirs or my times for comparison, nephew had his first go yesterday, coming from xbox racers, wanted to see times and all that shit but couldnt!
    Simple things!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    But not ingame!
    Some people dont want to or feel the need to run third party apps to do what could quite easilly be done by the game!
    Opinions n all that shit!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Gonna disagree on that one, @mr_belowski has worked marvels compiling Crew Chief and you'd rather S3 spend their limited resources on something we already have?
    Hardly rocket science getting it to run and if starting 2 programs at once is to gruelling then you can get CC to start whichever sim your wanting to use at the same time.
    Try pointing your nephew at the Leader-boards or better still get him on the competitions, chance of winning vrp just for taking part and he can see everyone's times, challenging faster people's ghosts to boot!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Why when he comes to my computer, log in in my name for a drive or practice session should he have to go to the leaderboards to review lap times? Its an extra page in the practice menu, all the information is there just not made available to view. I dont want him on the leaderboards in my name, even if you, me or joe BLOG run a practice session why dont we have the ability review the session\lap times. Its a simple request, easily implemented.
    If i run 10 laps concurrently i cannot see 1 lap time! In a practice session, thats crazy!
    Simple things!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  18. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Resources, how long since you could have a chat or decent communication ingame online? Oh, never, cause if it isnt covered by a warning message or drowned out by the bright background its gone before you had chance to read it. Resources are used to fleece and extract as much as they can out of the naive end user, how many realistic car setup options do you have, asymmetrical, nope, tyre pressures, nope thats three simple but effective things off the top of my head, i would prefer if resources were put to better use, your definition and mine of better may well vary by quite some distance, limited resources, i dont buy it, tight owner\budget maybe, limited resources, nope, just pushed in the wrong direction at times!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  19. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Nope, still gonna disagree, in the six years I've been using RR, year on year, progress has amplified, not going to say it's a finished product by a long shot and there is loads of features missing or having a lack of UI to be able to use but please point me in the direction of a sim that covers all the bases?
    So RR doesn't have everything you so desperately need, it lacks things we all need. Running a studio under the circumstances S3 do, makes the cafe's and pop up competitions a priority, as you well know.
    Ever since the monthly update schedule started, things have made a leap forward and the day RR is finished will be a sad day for me, as I'm pretty sure I'm enjoying the journey, rather than concerning myself to much about the destination.
    Trying to work out if you've gotten out the wrong side of the bed or worried your Nephew will beat your times! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Would be nice if you had a replay from qualifying.
    That could facilitate the work in league operation the REKO work.