RaceRoom Realteus ForceFeel Profile

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Scout, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    Have been playing around with the Realteus Forcefeel pad for the past few hours in raceroom and the default SimShaker preset seemed a bit muddy feedback wise, so I decided to work on creating a new preset. The following is what I have come up with.

SimShaker Wheels

• Engine Beat - 10% ForceFeel Gain
    • Gear Shift - 100% ForceFeel Gain
    • Damage - 100% ForceFeel Gain
    • Road Bumps - 50% ForceFeel Gain, 26 Filtering Threshold
    • Acceleration Longitudinal - 30% ForceFeel Gain
    • Deceleration Longitudinal - 70% ForceFeel Gain
    • Acceleration Lateral - 50% ForceFeel Gain
    • Road Surface - 10% ForceFeel Gain, 5 Filtering Threshold
    Raceroom
    • Head Movement Setting: ~50% (Goes nicely with the feedback cues, particularly under braking and shifting)

ForceFeel Control Center
    • Effects Strength: ~80%
    These settings give a nice feeling on the bumps, but not a constant road feeling feedback that drowns out other effects. The Acceleration/Deceleration longitudinal, Engine Beat and Acceleration Lateral give a good impression of the G Forces. The KTM Xbow RR really resembles the lateral forces of a kart in real life which was pretty cool, even on a lower %.

The road bumps setting is set high enough to give you a very good indication of the track bumpiness, but not drown out the longitudinal/lateral effects in and out of corners. This setting can be tuned per track. The Red Bull Ring is incredibly bumpy and it comes through 100% in the feedback, so might be handy to dial it down a bit for bumpy tracks.

I attached the current XML preset I am using too. (16/02/2019)

Hope it helps.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't aware it was compatible with Simshaker yet. Oh hang on Andre's has his own version, bit confusing really. The web site is abit sketchy when trying to find things out, also seem there is alot of complaining that people haven't received their pad even after 7 months.

3. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the demand for it was incredibly high. They were supposed to ship at the start of september last year, but there were manufacturing delays amongst other small things, but thankfully the first 1000+ orders are being received by people now. Was certainly worth the wait, even though it took forever to get it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    So who SimShaker wheels are you using? the one from Realteus or from Andre's site which cover most sims, bit odd really.

5. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Realteus uses Andre's SimShaker software for Racing/Flight sims. The Realteus software only gives you a massage mode and a sound capture mode which converts bass into vibrations so you can play games, watch movies or listen to music and also feel it in the seat. It only works when the sound has a lot of bass though, otherwise you don't seem to feel much.

6. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so that means the Realteus site showing the simshaker compatiable games is not upto date then, also with Realteus you get the simshaker software free with the pad? where as from Andre's site they charge you.

7. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    You get it with the pad as part of the overall cost, but I assume you are still paying for it under the hood.

8. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Ok cheers for the reply's man..;) I've added my email for interest in next batch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm still waiting for my order, somewhere in the 1500 order no. mark. so far orders up to around the 1300 have been sent.
    People on Facebook suggesting they aren't getting the software key or the key they were sent months ago doesn't work.
    Very little communication from realteus regarding this.
    Did you get the software with your purchase, or did you purchase seperately?

Apparently demo software lasts for only 5 X 20 mins.

Noted people are suggesting buying the software to make it work because of the above reasons, not particularly happy with that when its meant to come with it when buying the pad.

Oh and would love to hear more about you experience with the pad, info is very thin, but I must admit it was Barry's YouTube video at Sim racing garage that let me decide to purchase.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  10. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Well I had a look today and pre orders are open for May 2019 batch, there's just to long a gap between batches and as you have said people still from last year haven't received their orders yet, so I will probably give it a miss just seems to unreliable for me.

11. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I got the software with my purchase. I got a the license key a few months ago - but there is currently a problem activating the SimShaker software using the Realteus authorization. :( I'm sure they will fix this very soon.

So far I found the pad fairly comfortable and very well built. Didn't really feel the motors digging in either at all which I was worried about over longs periods of time. I have only gotten to use it for 2 hours and it was all at once and I was mainly tweaking as I went, so still no full run on it yet.

When I first ran it in Raceroom, I'll be honest and say it was disappointing - It was just a load of vibrations that changed slightly as I drove around Most Autodrome. But, I then followed Barry's advice (after watching his video weeks before) to turn off all other effects and just start with something like road bumps only (which is road bumps + kerbs) and just those effects isolated on there own felt really really great - I did lap after lap with that effect alone and it was great. The bumps on home straight really came though so well - same with the different type of kerbs at Most Autodrome.

Then one by one, I started to turn on other effects and try to not have them too strong or too weak etc so they can be felt, but don't over power the others. It began to feel great then. As mentioned before, the KTM XBOW RR resembled the feeling of driving some rental karts with the G-Force effects and extra bumps you feel.

The Road Surface default setting seemed way too high by default for raceroom and this is what made me disappointed at first - It just drowned out all the other effects since the surface effects is running the whole time. Turning this down makes a big difference. You can then feel yourself being pulled to one side in the corners, feeling over kerbs/bumps more clearly etc.

It definitely makes VR a lot more immersive - I just wish they had better communication/support, but I guess they are overloaded right now.

Hope it helps.

Yeah, I'd recommend holding off for now until the communications are improved.

12. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey thanks for the quick reply and info.
    Yeah I committed to buy on the last days before they ran out, some what risky but hopefully they will come through.
    Can't wait to try with Raceroom and ACC.

13. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Was wondering if Andre's new racing pad would be a better option, it's not the same as the Jetseat on the outside, it's been mad narrower and the motors re-positioned, it's look that puts me off..

gaming-vibrating-pad-gametrix-jetseat-simracing.jpg