Released ADAC GT Masters 2018

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 24, 2019.

1. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    That's the good side of the deal! :cool: No doubt about it.
    The name is still misleading so don't be surprised of the rantings :p

2. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Great update, guys. Thank you.

Some good stuff in the patch notes too under 'Game' and 'Physics, Sounds, Cameras, AI'.

(However, 'Porsche 934 RSR: Stiffer springs on default setup' - Aaaw, wot, no more bouncy castle rides? :oops: ;) :D )

3. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I guess S3 will know if they have a hit on their hands by the people that purchase the skins (which look great btw, just not something I'm overly interested in). The point of my question was to ask why this was the priority, when, for example, the 2 new Porsches were not released in 2018 as announced because of workflow, etc. We're very aware its a small team, so prioritizing projects is crucial. I'm not sure if these are the same or parallel teams, but I would bet more people would buy the 2 new Porsches than some new skins of existing cars that already have many awesome skins.

On a side note, it seems the people interested in the ADAC skins want a full grid (who wouldn't?). If these other licenses are too expensive to purchase for whatever reason and aren't coming, why not just fake them? No one really complained when the 935 was a FabCar before we had the Porsche license (I bought it). Would anyone care if their grid had a 'Hurricane Bull'?

4. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Except that the Fabcar is a real license/real car model ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. switchface

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Heh, fair point Ant. I guess I was just trying to be creative for a work around. I remember way back with some of the early basketball video games, every player was licensed, except the Chicago Bulls had "Player 23" who was max skill in all categories. Everyone knew what was up, but was glad 'he' was in the game.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    @switchface the people coding the new cars, tweaking physics are typically not the same as doing skins. A small studio likely fully or partially outsources car art production. So I personally think that skins for gt masters don't influence the production/progress of other things that much. As independent studio the owner (raceroom) may want to use the ADAC content for a certain event etc. while the Porsches priority changed. This is a business within a greater business, so stuff like that can always happen. The benefit is that we get high quality official licensed content, but the catch is that the timeline is sometimes not so predictable.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. switchface

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Thanks pixel, I figured they might be different teams. In the grand scheme of things, any new car/skin is a nice bonus due to the new AI selector. It seriously feels like an entirely new game as I can make whatever grid I want and enjoy the 'scenery'.

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    If you don't want more don't soddin' buy more, slating content that some wish for, just because you feel it's your duty (it's not by the way, it's tiresome) shows a lack of respect for your fellow racers and enthusiasts of the ADAC series, I have every faith that if the missing manufacturers ever become available S3 will do all in their power to add them but as I've explained before, I want all cars from every manufacturer but not at any cost, as a piece of data in a sim, all cars are made of the same materials, no carbon fibre, no ceramic, no titanium, all just code, so any car company wanting way more than the rest demand, can go sling their hooks as far as I'm concerned.
    The future is in sim racing and if some manufacturers are so far up their own arses to notice, it's their loss. PC2 having a Ferrari is not gonna make me buy PC2 (if PC2 gave me a real Ferrari I still wouldn't buy it), modern sim users demand more from their sims than a shiny car with a flashy badge, just have to spend half an hour trawling through any sims forum to realise, to many, many people their sim is a part of the family, a comfortable place to be, in surroundings they are familiar with, racing their mates.
    Saying all that you would think ADAC themselves might be able to nudge the omitted companies into some sort of arrangement that satisfies all. Having heard from more than one developer that companies try every way possible to get their cars performance to be above their competitors, I just wonder if this may well be another stumbling block, " you can have our car but it has to be faster than X". At the end of the day I think some companies think they are to good to be in every sim, fear of losing their exclusivity. If that's the way they want it, what can a developer do? Well other than just get on and put them in anyway, under some ridiculous pseudonym.
    No matter how negative our resident Princess is, I'm gonna back S3 to expand the 2019 ADAC car roster!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Great job on the Most track - Never heard of it but it's a blast to drive and looks great. ADAC cars feel great to drive. I'll buy every new car/skin/track to support S3 and this great sim. (Sebring?> hint hint?) ;-)

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Is it just me or do these new ADAC GT3’s feel different to drive then their normal GT3 counterpart? I’m sure the have better ffb or something!

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    same physics as the other gt3s

Andi

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I think I was happier not knowing that :(

13. BBKing212

BBKing212 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Placebo effect

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Bastix

Bastix New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What about the Number #8 Car Car Collection Mercedes??

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    was just about to ask :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. dav_0075

dav_0075 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

the ADAC GT Masters is one of the most important championships in Europe with Blancpain and British GT. Being officially licensed it would be good to do the complete ADAC license to the image of the circuits .... What will be the strength of ACC has largely its full license (Blancpain). RACEROOM needs FERRARI, LAMBORGHINI ACURA and other ASTON MARTIN 2019 .... The problem with the majority of "" simulations "" is that they are always / often incomplete either it lacks circuits or cars or both !! considering that the GTR3 category is the spearhead of raceroom not to mention of all the current simulations as much make the series as complete as possible to stand out from the competition before completing on the rest of the simulation and I imagine that the sales will suffer strongly ... Ferrari = jackpot level of sales ... When I see all his arcade games with the license ferrari to the image of a OUTRUN o_O I tell myself that it is not possible that Ferrari grants a golden price to everyone? ... I hope that things will evolve like the license PORSCHE .... We must lobby in Italy;):)and after alfa romeo we need the other Italian cars

17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You'd think, with the Italian economy being in free fall, a few extra coffers for some zero's and one's would be a no brainer.
    Just remember that in our virtual racing world all cars are made of the same thing, no exotic materials, just code. Being held to ransom is why I refuse to go back to iRacing, I don't think any manufacturers wares are worth that much more than any others, yeah a bit for the prestige maybe but wads of notes just to bolster their ego's stinks. If the virtual car becomes comparable in price to the real thing, then the majority of us will be racing second hand NSU's, should be a set fee for a peek a your cars data sheet and be done with it. Can't we just do what Top Gear did and give Nick Mason a call and borrow his? :D

• Like Like x 2
  18. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Sadly, there's not much we can do if these brands don't want to be featured in Raceroom, the same for circuits. It's their right to refuse, as disappointing as it can feel for all of us, we need to accept it and enjoy the brands we have already, or those we might have in the future ;)

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, the first sincere answer, I've read so far.;)
    Is there anything we can do except from buying their cars irl?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I've been moaning for ages about how my biggest issue with the GTR3 class is a lack of team cars and the number plates being all over the place, so I'm delighted by this pack thanks. And with the new AI selector, I'm already combing through the GTR3 class to find additional liveries from previous years that will fit this grid perfectly (34 Car Collection Audi, 19/20 Schubert BMWs etc) to make larger fields for some fictional enduros at Spa and Nurburgring.