Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    You sure tried ACC.

I like the drivers hand animations, the buttons which glow if activated...the shaking net...thats lively..

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You will not be disappointed, what an amazing race it was!

3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    So what's your problem, it used to be slow & methodical and now it's moving in leaps and bounds, it just hasn't leapt or bound the way you want it too. Tardiness for the sake of tardiness me thinks! :p

4. SimRacingDad

SimRacingDad New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay. I did not know that but it would be fun to have the (general) feature in R3E to allow/deny tire blankets in all races.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    generally what will happen is if a series allows them the tyres will be preheated to x before session, race start , if not then they arent in game

Andi

6. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Not a top priority, but it would be neat* to get NVIDIA Ansel support to take some fancy screenshots beyond what the existing photo mode does. I don't know how much dev effort it takes to provide Ansel support, IMO this would only be worth considering if it was easy to implement.

Here's a list of supported games: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/games/#ansel

* admittedly, only for NVIDIA gfx card owners :neutral:

7. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Another suggestion: colour-code the car dots on the minimap so it's easier to differentiate:
    1) Cars you are racing
    2) Cars you are lapping
    3) Cars lapping you

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Indeed!

9. kilian1234567892

kilian1234567892 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    A WEC Class

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    The ability to select favourite class\cars in the car selection screen for online mulitclass servers, instead of trawling 2,3 or 4 maybe more pages of class then the same for car why not be able to select your favourite classes to be at the front of the list, same with single class servers, the ability to put your favourite at the front of the list, or maybe make all the lists user configurable.

11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Whoa Hoo, something to agree on, this may well be part of the next update, seeing as there is a massive api change coming and a rework of the server side ui/functions has been promised, fingers crossed.

12. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    i think it would be easier to add missing features to replay mode rather than implementing ansel :p anyway, what we miss from ansel right now? i can think of filters and different resolutions right now, but not having ability to manipulate time in ansel is huge downside for me

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    *Brake upper deadzone on a per car basis*

I have a set of loadcell based pedals that allow a very heavy brake pedal, this is perfect for simulating formula type cars but feels to much for other cars especially historical cars. My current solution is to adjust the upper deadzone on the brake to reduce the pressure needed to achieve max braking in game. If this value could be stored on a per car/class basis it would be a set once and forget operation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Suggested similar a long time ago but more to with throttle reponse, should or could have a seperate page in the car setup pages along the lines of the steering settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    add black border around white signs in some messages (like when you change tc), yesterday i was driving mustang gt3 sintez team and couldnt see the message on a white background (in vr atleast)

16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    * in game FOV calculator *

Given there seems to be some confusion about FOV in general and how to calculate it id suggest an FOV calculator as part of the video settings. In the same way that iracing for example has, you put in your various real world measurements (screen size, eye distance etc) and the game sets up the FOV for you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    One new feature I would love to see is having the Race 2 grid set by Race 1 fastest laps. This is how Blancpain GT World Challenge America does it and it would be really cool!

• Like Like x 1
  18. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    If it's easier for the dev team to do it natively in the R3E replay mode then that's also fine with me - including the ability to grab higher resolutions like in Ansel. Filters and colour/contrast tweaks would be nice-to-haves.

BTW does the free camera mode work OK for others in R3E? Whenever I've tried it it seems to have a mind of its own. I have the camera controls mapped to an xbox controller.

19. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    hmm works fine for me, but i use keyboard; what exactly is your problem?
    its one is quite new and half shots are from free cam (but quite static!)

• Like Like x 1
  20. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I mapped the camera move/tilt controls to analogue sticks on the XBOX controller and it is impossible to control - hard to explain but I'll share a video if I can't solve it (will start a new thread). I didn't have time to troubleshoot it last night but I'll try mapping to keys instead to eliminate the controller as a source of trouble. Is it possible to keep the free camera completely static or is it always tracking something?

I still need to experiment with what all the camera-related control assignments do - it's not the most intuitive system at first glance!

BTW I really like that video FeltHλt - nice job!