Poll: What's next for the best racing sim on the planet??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bindaree Racing, Feb 4, 2019.

?

What's next for the best racing sim on the planet??

Poll closed Feb 19, 2019.
  1. NIGHT RACING/RAIN

45 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. SUPERCARS AUSTRALIA SERIES

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. CLASS ONE SERIES (DTM/SUPER GT)

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. NASCAR SERIES

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. CUSTOM SKINS AVAILABILITY

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  6. MORE AUSSIE/NZ TRACKS

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. MORE US TRACKS

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. MORE ASIAN TRACKS

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. MORE EUROPEAN TRACKS

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  10. OTHER

29 vote(s)
    34.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE
    *****As UI and physics seem to be the majority of the 'other' vote, I can see I have missed an important factor with the choices available. If people are still happy to put what their 'other' choice is for, I'll tally it all up when the poll ends. Cheers*****

Whilst people on this forum might disagree from time to time on what is needed to improve Raceroom, which a lot has to do with personal tastes, I think most of us agree that Sector 3 have produced the most polished and realistic sim going around.

With that being said, I thought I'd create a poll on what people think should or hope will be next for R3E.

It will run for 15 days. You can choose 2 options from the list. I have tried to make the choices pretty broad in choice as to not get too pedantic. Their are plenty more choices but I can only have 10 options. If this gets enough interest, I'll do another poll after this one finishes expanding on the most popular choices rated here.

***If 'other' is one of your choices, you can put what it is in the comments......(like 'fbiehne' and 'Arcson' have)***​

Remember this is just peoples opinions and is for a bit of fun, Doesn't mean any of this will happen, but it might give a bit of an insight to where peoples interest lie.

Happy Voting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  2. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Other (-> Group C pack) and night/rain.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Other (-> UI improvements and physics updates)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. ChristianKA

ChristianKA New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I would love to see V8 supercars :hearteyes:

5. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    nascar would be fine. Then I could finally delete nascar Racing 2003 from my good old computer.

6. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Other (-> UI improvements and physics updates) + Night racing (not so fussed about rain)

Edit: on the additional content... new tracks are always nice but personally I think we've got more than enough cars for the time being, however I get that additional content is necessary as a source of revenue.

7. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I think we have a good amount of content so new features are higher on my wishlist.

That's why I voted for Other.

What I miss the most is changeable track condition. I don't ask for a super realistic system for building up rubber, a simple scripted system like we have in Automobilista would do trick. :) The longer you drive, the more rubber grain and marbles you see.

And their dynamic sky boxes are awesome too. Would be cool if the developers could integrate something like this. Always the same clouds gets boring after a while.

Reiza Studios were able to make this happen in DX9 so technically it should be possible in Raceroom too because both have their roots in the ISI Engine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Voted Other and Night Racing/Rain

Other = further physics improvements , like better tire simulation (with flatspots), more realistic setup options, dynamic track surface and mechanical damage... and so on...

Regarding content, more is always nice, but the more cars you have the more dificult it is to develop new physics features/improvements and implement those in a realistic manner across all content. Must be a nightmare.
    Taking that into account I guess Raceroom already has too many cars, probably.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Voted for class one but since i dont know how exactly the gt500s are gonna change id like gt500 from 2017/18 even better.
    My second vote would go to night racing but only if performance stays completely unaffected. Otherwise id pass on that one

10. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Ah, I completely forgot to mention DX11! Would love to have that as it would most certainly improve VR performance.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Ui improvements all the way, chat, setup options, more detailed timing screens for ALL sessions, a little bit more continuity in some of the menus and options, font colour choices, there are lots of little niggly things that need tweaking and some quite big additions required to the ui.

Edit - Get the front end right, the way it should of been years ago then everything else can come in time as has been shown by the last 18mnths

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  12. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    As a race simulator right now they are very well in need of some things. I think what Raceroom needs is an integrated competition simulator (like SRS) with competitions at all levels.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Your missing one major poll option Like said above work needs to be done to the physics of what makes a sim a true sim Flatspots, Tyrepressures, proper damage better temps in tyres, dynamic rubbered line etc etc

Don't need any more Content just these above. Atm it feels like a casual watered down sim, rr is possibly the best polished sim out there but it's defo not the most detailed in physics features.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Ohhh a next wish thread ;) ... I voted for "NIGHT RACING/RAIN" and "OTHER", because in this points I see the most lacks of R3E. Different kind of dynamic daytimes incl. weather variants like in competitor sims and more typical racing sim features like an enhanced car setup (adjustable tire pressure, adjustable caster, displayed telemetry data like tire temperature or a gear ratio / transmission diagram …) or a in-sim licence system are very important in my eyes. However, I am also interested in new tracks and cars, in particular if R3E enter into new partnerships with more / new road racing associations like the "FIA European Truck Racing Championship" or "SCCA Trans-Am Series".

[​IMG]

15. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Other - Skoda Octavia Cup

16. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I personally feel a ranking system for online is the number one thing. Until then online play will continue to be sub par, serious players will leave or simply not join except for planned competitions and private lobbies.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    More of a 'What the majority of people think is important for Sector3 to consider' thread.:D:D

*****As UI and physics seem to be the majority of the 'other' vote, I can see I have missed an important factor with the choices available. If people are still happy to put what their 'other' choice is for, I'll tally it all up when the poll ends. Cheers*****

• Like Like x 2
  18. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I choose twice other
    Driver swap
    More endurance classes

19. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I voted for a 12 month ban on 'wish for' lists, polls, demands............. etc.
    Just go back through the countless threads pertaining to this if you're that interested.. Same people, same requests. :rolleyes:
    Several of the features mentioned are being worked on, as we all know. Some have been considered but are not deemed a priority as of now. Some are impossible to include until a move up the DirectX number list is made. Some are just ridiculous, should be ashamed of yourself (you know who you are) and many, many of them are just echoes. I get you're into Sim racing, I get you want to talk about it at every opportunity (much the same myself) but can we not discuss something relevant, rather than pie in the sky dreams. Those of you who constantly have wet dreams.................o_O

• Disagree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  20. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Geez settle petal.

You know what makes a massive forum like this so good??? If you are not a fan of a certain thread that has been made, their are plenty more for you to peruse. And what might come as a shock, you can even read the thread title and think, well I don't like what that thread is pertaining to so I won't look at it and I'll look at another thread. Or better yet, create some topics yourself. Get some topics on here that you would like to talk about, get other people engaged, don't just jump on here and have a sook about a certain thread topic.

And yes their are no doubt many more wish lists on this forum, but things change, this fantastic game gets updated, new series develops, and sometimes it is just for a bit of fun. I wanted to feel like I was contributing to this forum, and whilst I am only fairly new here, something like this helps me get to know guys and gals here a bit better.

As of this post their have been about 45 responses to the poll and 18 replies, only yours so far has been negative. So as I said before, if you are not a fan of the thread, just jog on son.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1