Released 30th January 2019 - Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 30, 2019.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    It is being looked into.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Fixed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Is that part of the small patch just released Alex?

4. Jim Adams

Jim Adams Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey J-F
    I sent you a PM awhile ago(Oct.) can you check it please and get back to me?
    thanks

5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Not this, but the next.

6. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    What about the upshifting issue from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd?

7. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    If you are referring to how the rear can loose traction when the next gear engages; just lift your foot and slam it back down when the new gear engages.

You can also soften the the rear rebound a couple of clicks and that will absorb some of the energy and help the rear stick better between changes

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the hint , I already tried it. Nevertheless this isn´t the way a car with dual clutch transmission is meant to be driven. The driver doesn´t need to move the throttle in order to avoid instability. The transmission for both Caymans is broken , while shifting from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd even with almost no throttle applied the tyres squeal because they receive a sudden outburst of torque for a fraction of a second. It´s such a shame this problem still exists since december and is ruining the immersion, because both Caymans are beautiful cars , but I don´t drive them anymore because of their unrealistic transmission. Please fix this issue .

9. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    The advanced stats should now be working.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    From now on or with the previously driven data there as well?
    Edit: seems like my data from saturday onwards is there but nothing before that

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  11. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    BTW, the release of Most with its brand new loading screen image brought back a slight, but fairly annoying issue that was already present with certain other loading screens - the "Press any key to continue" message after the game is finished loading is white on white background. Would be great if either someone who's making the loading screens thought of this, or if the text had some kind of outline/background added.

I know it's a very minor thing, but I frequently find myself staring at the loading screen waiting for something to happen, only to realize it's the invisible message again. Then again, while certainly minor, it's also one of the first things a new user may encounter, so it might be more important than it seems as far as first impressions are concerned.

(Also, speaking of loading screens, in the in-game loading screen where track limits are explained, it is stated "curbs are considered part of the track, astroturf is not" (or something along those lines). They're not as they're (usually) beyond the white line that marks the track limits, as evidenced even by cutting rules within the game itself ;) )

Cheers ;)

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  12. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    ha ha and here was me wondering why it was now taking so long to load the game! :oops:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Agree on the most loading screen and also how track limits are handled in real life. But from my experience the game actually does allow you to go over the white lines as long as you stay on the kerbs

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes, maybe. But most of the times I'd say not.

15. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Then well agree to disagree ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Question why the glow of the brake disc is no longer displayed in the game, this is an error in the display

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I noticed it too.
    AI has glowing disks.

In FR X17 I have glowing brake discs, in GT3 cars not. Didn't look at the other cars yet.

18. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    All taken from the same valid lap. Seems there are a lot of exceptions ;) i will admit tho that some of them could technically be given as just about on the white line

Attached Files:

19. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Afaik, usually the curb is part of the track, the Astroturf isn´t, so most of these are fine :)

20. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    I know. By the rules of the game theyre all fine. Its just that @Case doubts the game uses the rules the way they are explained on a certain loading screen. So i uploaded these to show that the rules are in fact applied like that