DLSS / RAY TRACING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AMG Vilas ®™, Feb 7, 2019.

1. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    When Support of Deep Learning Super-Sampling (DLSS) on raceroom

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    i guess after we go dx11?

Andi

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Its on then?

4. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Andi Goodwin is a bare-knuckle fighting champion, it's always on for him.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Will this happen?

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    i know nothing except at some point it will chhange , but seeing the only advancement , is to go forward , either its our engine bumped to dx11 or ue4 or alike that is dx11

as for the bare knuckle fighting , not really my style

prefer to fill your car with quick drying concrete and watch you cry

Andi

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    See enough of them knuckle draggers on building sites on a daily basis and plenty of concrete trucks too ;)

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well Epic have announced the addition of Ray tracing to their latest version of UE4, that will drop another pile of current PC's off the bottom of the minimum spec list. The graphics industry (nVidia) are in danger of pricing themselves out of their own market, best part of a grand to benefit from the latest and greatest effects to their full potential. Kinda hoping RR go their own way or any other way than UE4, really don't like the look of ACC at all, that's not to say S3 wouldn't do a better job or anyone else but first impressions, for me, not good. Have to say with my mid spec machine, ACC run smoothly enough, just looks bloody awful so I don't rule UE4 out entirely but would be very interested to know if S3 have toyed with the idea of Vulcan or in fact anything other than the overly bandied around UE4 idea? Won't be in 2019, unless there is an influx of coders, massive jump to make with the amount of content to convert.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Why would the minimum spec change? We had exactly the same transitions in previous generations before where new features were added. The use of those features is optional, imo it will take a couple hw generations until these are minimum.
    S3 with very high probability doesn't have the resources to do any api/major tech changes, else they would have done it, which developer would volunteer to use a technology stack that is more than 12 years old (DX10's age)? I like the look of the game, but today that has little to do with what tech is being used, as the shading systems are quite powerful. And my memory may be wrong, but I think the game's graphics features (other than tripple, and vr) haven't ever changed since release.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  10. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    ItBcL1T.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2