PLAYSEAT EVOLUTION worth the money ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stef van Remy, Jan 2, 2018.

1. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I have a Playseat Evolution and i'm pretty happy about it. For me the midpole is not a problem, i have the T3PA pedals and i moved the brake pedal plate and the gas pedal plate both to the right so you can use them without any problem.
    Maybe there are better options, but i choose the Playseat because it was cheap and it doesn't take much space. Because i have my rig in my living room it's important i can easily move the whole rig to another place on my own.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Thanks.. I don’t think the midpole is a problem. As said I had a wheelstand Pro and no problems whatsoever with the midpole on that one.
    I have seen a nice deal for a Playseat Evolution Alcantara, so I Probably will go for that one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    The alcantara is the way to go, it's much more comfortable when it's warm like now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
  5. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Sorry that was the wrong button. They’re very close to each other and typing via a tablet and such small spacings is asking for problems. Lol.
    Changed it to thumbs up of course.. :relaxed:

6. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Haha, no problem. It happens to me also once in while ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    You won’t regret it. Because let’s face it, Playseats are great bang for bucks. Sure there are many other rigs in the range from “better” to “wow, this is the best shit a human being ever can lay his hands on”. But you always look at spending double to triple more money compared to the Playseat and from there it can easily go up to a small fortune.

And let me be clear, if you have the cash to spend on a great rig, that’s just awesome and cool. But for many people it’s the best solution for having a decent enough rig and keep the banking balance healthy and the Mrs happy ;).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Haha yeah indeed.. order placed for a Playseat Evolution Alcantara.

• Like Like x 2
  9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I had the Wheelstand Pro as well and was quiet happy with it - a good & decent mobile alternative for those with less space or almost empty wallet ;).
    Though now it was time for a fix solution and I got me the RR 3055 Raceseat - well in that product range you can't expect miracles no matter if Race Room's RR or the Playseat, but the main reason for me to get the RR 3055 is the all-in-one option incl. Monitor bracket (with Thrustmaster Shifter and CSP V3 Pedals) and no middle column, to have my own custom Simracing niche for just to hop in and drive.
    And compared to the wheelstandpro its surely another level, specially when having endurance events and such.
    You also have to look closely where to buy it , cause I got an all-in-one package from another dealer than KW Automotive and got a very good deal with it.
    But, as said, you can't expect miracles. The quality is solid but it took me some time to mount it and you should not rush through and check every part and screw to fit in perfectly.
    If you want more guess there is no other way than to build something from scratch with these more expensive rig systems but honestly, if I look at the cost of my simracing rig incl. PC, Monitor, GFX Card and simracing hardware I'm above 2k alltogether and that's more than enough for this "silly" hobby :)
    If I hadn't have some luck to get some unexpected extra money, I never ever would have bought it (even I'm doing simracing for almost 20 Years)....
    As I said before once : The real simracer will be successful even on a wooden stool and his stock wheel pinched to his desk , while the wannabe will always excuse himself saying that his rig is still not perfect ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  10. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Same over here. Got unexpected some extra money and therefore I was on the scout for a new seat. It had to be done within that budget. A little over is no problem but a lot over is.
    On the pcars forum they told me to save more money and buy a real high end seat or at least a better one. Of course I would love to but I have to draw a line at some point.
    The Evolution brought a lot of gamers happiness so I would not see it will why not in my case.
    Tomorrow I will report back. If I have the time to put it together.
    I’m suffering of a tendon cut in half by an industrial accident so my left middle finger is fixed and my whole hand is swollen.. lol...

11. RevoRace

RevoRace New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Found this thread late, but hoping someone might be monitoring. I have a Playseat Evolution with a G29 set up. I've been able to make due without issue with the center post by offsetting the pedals. (I maximized the gaps between all 3.) My biggest issue is the flex of the pedal platform. It most definitely affects braking, and the platform feels like it will bend over time. (The wheel stand is solid for me....the shifter mount not as much but it isn't really a problem.) My question is has anyone figured out a good, easy way to rig up some extra support for the pedal base? I could see bolting a big U brace to the front, but I might be over thinking it.

12. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Yes. When I was also the owner of a Playseat I placed an extra wooden pole under the pedalplate. Cost 0,00 (typical Dutch;) See with pic: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...the-playseat-revolution.373811/#post-12169227

Hope it helps?

13. RevoRace

RevoRace New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. At the moment I'm using some old textbooks. (And they told me I'd never need them again!)

• Funny Funny x 2