AJ's Setup Workshop

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Adam Jonas, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    wow how did i not see that, this is glorius

2. jeroenelferink13

jeroenelferink13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I know this thread is a little bit old, but you mentioned possibly posting your ADAC GT setups. Do you have a set-up for the Bentley GT3 car at Zandvoort? I would love to see it (and try it offcourse).

3. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, I lost all of my previous setups, including GT3 setups as well.

4. jeroenelferink13

jeroenelferink13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That sucks! But nevertheless, thank you for the effort.

5. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys!

It has been a long time when I posted a setup here, but I'm finally back! :)

This time I did some WTCR setups - today I only had time to upload for only one car. Later on, I will upload more.

You can check car setup for Hyundai i30 N TCR setup here.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys!

I put my existing setup for the Alfa Romeo & Peugeot into a spreadsheet, so you can now check them here:

Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR setups
    Peugeot 308 TCR setups
    I will put my future setups in this spreadsheet for the other tracks. So if you need a setup, try to look at these spredsheet first. ;)

Notice: I will launch my simracing team & simracing school soon, so if anybody interested in it, just throw me a PM. :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0

First off thank you for doing this. That's pretty kind of you to spend your time helping the rest of us. I had two questions if you have a moment.

I don't understand your diff settings. I would think on a small torque/power car like these TCR's that you'd almost want the exact opposite of what you have set up. Our setups are fairly close (I'm a little softer as I fell the need to be in a actual race).

Lastly is there a link to where all your setups are on that spreadsheet? I do not know how to go back (to see where all your setups/tracks are).

Again thank you, love when the community does stuff like this..

NathanW

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

You are welcome :) ;)

Well, this is what depends on your driving style. For my driving style, these diff settings fits the best. I felt the cars (especially the Peugeot) pretty oversteery in the fast corners, so that's the reason why I set up the coast 67%. And, for this, the preload setting '3' what I felt the best.

Well, I know the setup things are a little bit messy now, I need to clean this topic - and I will, just give me some time. :)

My plan is to make a spreadsheet per car, which will contain the different setups for different tracks. So in case of Peugeot, it will look like later:
    - The spreadsheet name is: WTCR_Peugeot_308_TCR_setup_sheet
    - The tabs in the this spreadsheet is: Zandvoort, Hungaroring, Slovakiaring, etc.

I will put the spreadsheets' links in the first post in this topic later on, just I said, I need to make some cleaning here :) ;)

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask it ;)

P.s.: I will be here 2 weeks later, so my plan is to produce more setups and videos on my channel :) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys!

This week I'm finally at home, so I started to produce some content - please keep your eyes open, some surprise will be here soon! ;)

10. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    First post updated; now you can find the setups in the first post for 4 different cars in the TCR category! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Where do you have your 2018 WTCR Car Setups now? I only see the Giulietta and the Peugeot Spreadsheets from a few weeks back.
    I've been looking for some setups to use for WTCR cars because I really dont know how to set these cars up properly.

12. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Hi Michael,

You can find the setups in the first post of this topic.

Do you see these links? :)
    [​IMG]

13. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Found the 4 of them. Thank you for that. I'll try these out and tweak them from your settings. I just completely suck at starting from baseline setups and I find it difficult to figure out what's going on with the car while driving unless it's something blatantly obviously like the rear or front ends spins out or something like that.

14. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    You are welcome. :) ;)

A good advice for these cars: first always try to tweak on the suspension, espcially on the toe-in, springs and ride height. If you feel that you have too much understeer, I do not reccomend to set the rear wing lower; this will cause a huge oversteer in a place where you never expect that.

If you need any more help/advice, feel free to ask. :) ;)

15. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I suck at setting up cars because I dont fully understand what each part does. I did play with the wing on these WTCR cars and I had it all the way down to -10 and it was getting me more speed that way usually. Can you explain what toe-in, springs, and ride height actually is. I get the meaning of what they are, but I dont get what each part actually does.

16. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Toe in/out: if you look the car from the top, you can draw a line (like an axis). If the wheels point to this line (point to inwards), this means toe in. If the wheels point outwards, that means toe out. The more toe in you, the more straight line stability you will get, but you will struggle in long turns because of the position of the wheels. The more toe out you have, the car will be more willing to turn, but it will reduces the straight line stability because of the positions of the wheels.

Important thing will be the following: some games uses toe in, some uses toe out:
    Positive toe in = toe in
    Negative toe in = toe out

Positive toe out = toe out
    Negative toe out = toe in

Springs: the car usually goes up and down because of the bumps, kerbs, etc. Springs defines these movements, which affected by the environment. The softer the springs the more movement allowed, makes the car less rigid; the stiffer the springs the less movement allowed, makes the car more rigid. For this, I don't know any "average" setting; this can be different from track to track. You don't need too stiffer and too softer springs; what you need is a "golden path" between them.

Ride Height:
    defines how high the car will be, or, in other (not so good) way, the distance between the ground and the bottom of the car. The lower the ride height is, the lower the CoG (Center of Gravity) is, which improves handling, downforce, stability, etc. The higher the ride height is, the higher the CoG is, which decreases hadling, downforce, stability etc. Until that you would say "okay, I will always use the lowest ride height", but no! :) If the bottom of your touches the car too much (which means the ride height is too low), you will lose grip, stability and speed. So you will have to find it out which is the correct ride height for each track, and each circumstances (fuel level, tyre pressure, springs offset, etc.). (Usually, in case of the WTCR in this game, you will need a higher ride height.)

Hope it helps you a little bit, if something is not clear, feel free to ask. :) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This is very helpful - thank you for explaining it.

18. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    You're welcome. :) Hope it helped ;)

19. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

It was quite a long time since I posted here something, wasn't it? :)

Today the guys just announced the latest eSport competition - the ADAC GT Masters eSport -, and because I love GT & GT3 racing, I decided to do the full competition, with hopefully all 5 cars. That means I'm going to create tons of setups & hotlap videos! ;) I'm still thinking about that I should make some live stream as well...but, to be honest, I'm still not the best in terms of streaming, but I have to start somewhere - so we'll see...:) ;)

Most important: check out sometimes the first post of this topic for setups - but when I will upload a new setup, I'll leave a message in this topic.

See you guys on the virtual racetrack, and good luck for everyone who's going to enter the competition! ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi, Which setups in this thread are current pls?