Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    That should come in next patch ;)

2. sps.for.r3e

sps.for.r3e Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

is it possible to start this App on a second Computer to see the data on my 4th screen?

3. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten Hi :D , please send me a list of extra values you require to be shared in memory to I can request to the devs in RR, eg , bump, rebound, etc .. ps. Doing a great job. https://discord.gg/SHXyZXZ

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  4. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Sadly, not yet. It is the next planned bigger feature.

Thanks for the offer, I sent you a pm ;)

5. sps.for.r3e

sps.for.r3e Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for info!

6. dijaexxl

dijaexxl New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,
    please integrate the new cars (ADAC GT Master 2018).
    thx
    Dirk

7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Hi

leaderboard/live timing section is showing up GT3R, Adac 2013,14,15 as different classes even though the game treats them as a single class, this makes it look a bit weird when borrowing cars from one year to put in another...if that makes sense.

Also would it be possible for the live timing to give priority to the overall position? So it always reads as:

1 (1) gt3
    2 (2) gt3
    3 (1) tcr
    4 (3) gt3
    5 (2) tcr

The class is there just for illustration.....

8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I'm lazy, so I'm waiting for sector3 to update this file https://github.com/sector3studios/r3e-spectator-overlay/blob/master/r3e-data.json which is what I use for the car names, as the telemetry of r3e only exposes a car number. Updating it by hand is little bit of a nuisance, as you need to manually pair each number to each car. ;)

I will have a look at it. I thought that 'class name' differentiates between classes, obviously not, as Adac 2013/14... are considered as a single class.
    For the latter request, I will make it as an option in settings. Because I feel this might be person/classes dependant. I.e. in GT3 vs LMP1, I personaly don't care where I'm overall.

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks. I have to say this app has quickly become a must have for me, it's brilliant to keep track of everything happening on circuit. I now run with all the game HUD off and just this on my timing screen. Keep up the good work

10. dijaexxl

dijaexxl New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, so the last problem i have.
    My Telemetry datas for the details are emty (No Data Available).
    But i have the datas and its configerd in the user file path

upload_2019-2-10_12-46-56.png
    upload_2019-2-10_12-49-10.png

11. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    This is exactly what I had in mind when I started with the app. To be able to run with clean view, while the data are still available. It's great to see people finding it useful :)

You need to select a lap you want view :)

12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Oh....something I forgot to add. When choosing what to display in the settings it seems car and class are mixed up. Class shows the car name and visa versa.

13. dijaexxl

dijaexxl New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I love this tool.
    Another question about a feature.
    Can i import a telemetry data file from a friend to compare his data’s with mine?

14. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Currently not, the telemetry viewer as it is now, si really just a barebones viewer of the last session. The ability to open/add laps from other sessions, export/import sessions ect, will come in the future.

The next version, which will hopefully be released this weekend, will bring the ability to run the app on a separate computer. After that I plan to focus on improving the telemetry viewer functionality.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Sebastian Kehlet

Sebastian Kehlet New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there anyways to get a live feed off the telemetry Viewer?

18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Currently not, the framework I use for charts (the only one capable & free I found :) ), doesn't have the performance to be updated in realtime.

I'm thinking about ways how to overcome this, at least partially. Most likely there will be, in the future, a popup-able, user customizable, dashboard with numeric telemetric value + a mix/max value for a defined interval. I will see where can I work from there.

I would also like the telmetry viewer to be able to automatically refresh the currently opened sessions once a new lap is recorded, or switch to a newer session, and preselect laps based on some simple rule (i.e. last and fastest lap, last lap and fastest sector 1...etc)

19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Little bit of a Update:
    As most of you noticed a big update is about to most likely hit on thrusday. This update breaks the compatiblity of existing apps with r3e because it reorganizes the shared memory model r3e exposes (and bringing a lot of new information to shared memory :). So the current version will no longer work with r3e.
    As I will be on a working trip at the time I will most likely be little slow to push the updated version. So, if you do not want to wait, you can manually download and install the updated version from here:

https://github.com/Winzarten/SecondMonitor/releases/download/v4.3.2/SecondMonitor.msi

Install it only after the update hits ;)

This update also adapts the existing application functionality to work with some of the new information, so these are the things that will work after the update:
    • Steering input
    • Suspension damage
    • Turbo boost pressure
    • Ride height and suspension travel are filled for telemetry viewer.
    There are also other interesting information, that will be adapted in the update following this (i.e. suspension velocity, camber, downforce) :)

This early update is only possible because Sector3 were kind enough to allow app developers early access to the changes. So big thanks to you guys :)

edit: One little thing, if any new car is part of the update, they will still appear as "Unknown" in the app even in this update. This is because car names are depended on .json file which needs to be updated, and while this file is update with the corrent information in the preview version, I cannot use it, becaue I do not really know which cars will be part of the release, and I don't want to expose any unreleased information ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the time you put into this. I 100% could not race without this app now.

• Agree Agree x 1